Automated scouting? Bot?

All discussion related to activity in the heretic world should be posted here.
Junio

Automated scouting? Bot?

Post by Junio »

I just got into the Heretic world, and something is really weird.

There are some players, wo are constantly uncovering stashes at a carded speed. Nothing unusual I agree, but if you see, that they have already uncovered 25k (!!!!) stashes in just 397 days, something is very odd.

In addition, they dont build castles (not even a tiny wall around the keep), their villages dont grow.

I cant even get the achievement for uncovering ONE stash. Every time I spot a rare one close and launch, seconds later one of those players grab the stash, to uncover it. And believe me, I have tried different times. Morning, noon, afternoon, evening, late evening....and every time that player close to me is scouting and trading. Like playing 24/7 and doesnt sleep.

So...what am I missing?
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: Automated scouting? Bot?

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Junio wrote:I just got into the Heretic world, and something is really weird.

There are some players, wo are constantly uncovering stashes at a carded speed. Nothing unusual I agree, but if you see, that they have already uncovered 25k (!!!!) stashes in just 397 days, something is very odd.

In addition, they dont build castles (not even a tiny wall around the keep), their villages dont grow.

I cant even get the achievement for uncovering ONE stash. Every time I spot a rare one close and launch, seconds later one of those players grab the stash, to uncover it. And believe me, I have tried different times. Morning, noon, afternoon, evening, late evening....and every time that player close to me is scouting and trading. Like playing 24/7 and doesnt sleep.

So...what am I missing?
hopefully nobody uses bots for scouting or this game is finished.
Heretic players usually scout a lot because that's the only way for them to get cardpoints.
I used to scout a lot but can't be bothered anymore because ther is just nothing interesting to do with all the cardpoints atm>
No new worlds at all for ages and so the game is getting real stale atm.
I just log in to get the 6 hourly free cards now - thats it nothing else at all and I may not bother doing that soon as what is the point of having cards and points if there are no decent new worlds to use them in??????
amerix

Post by amerix »

I think some people just go out and buy some villages and scout non-stop for several hours. It's an effective way to gain cards and cardpoints without putting too much time in this world. Especially with the non-stop invasions right now... I don't necessary think it's a bot, it's just, when someone wants/needs cards, it's easy to gain some this way :)

It doesn't earn a heck of a lot though, and it's very labor intensive
The Primax

Post by The Primax »

I am pretty sure that there are some players using bots. You can search for scouting bots of SHK on Google. You will find one easily and you can use it. But I do not use it because it is just a trash. You may note some players that use them in heretic world for spins by uncovering resource stash. They have these characteristics commonly:

1. All of their villages have small sizes typically. Because they are not interested to develop in this world and just playing for spins.
2. They do not develop their castles. They have empty castles just because they are not interested in this world.
3. They are mostly heretic players. Otherwise, will be razed by invasion.
4. Their scouts always come from there village one by one. Mostly they use speed cards for scouting.

You may see they never develop their villages and castles. If you pillage them, you will find that their villages have stockpiles full of goods. Their traders also come out of their village. But they never send attacks to wolf liars, bandit camps or any other players just because they are collecting spins only.

I am sure that they are using bots for scouting. But the bot they are using works only when they are online, not when they are offline. So, they are only suspicious. You can never be 100% sure whether they are using bots or just doing themselves.

Thanks for your time,
The Primax
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

The Primax wrote:I am pretty sure that there are some players using bots. You can search for scouting bots of SHK on Google. You will find one easily and you can use it. But I do not use it because it is just a trash.
More likely you don't use it because it doesn't work. :) We've investigated a number of programs claiming all sorts of wonderful features and unsurprisingly, none of them have actually worked. It's a pretty safe bet that it has also infected your machine with malware, which is why we encourage players to report any suspected "bots" to Support by submitting a ticket so that we can evaluate the suspicious software and you won't have to put yourself at risk.

If you have suspicions about a certain player, please submit a detailed support ticket so that we can evaluate your concerns and take action if needed.

Return to “Heretic World (Ended)”