Heretic Questions For Lord Benevolent

All discussion related to activity in the heretic world should be posted here.
The.Reckoning

Heretic Questions For Lord Benevolent

Post by The.Reckoning »

I have a few questions that I haven't seen asked in the forums so far.

1. Can a Heretic player raze non-Heretic players that only have 1 village?
2. Are wheel spins given to Heretic players for every non-Heretic player raze? For example ... if I raze a Thane with basically no castle will I get a wheel spin?
3. If I control a parish with 3 villages, and there are 3 more charters in that parish ... will the Invasion send Rats/Snakes/Pigs/Wolves into that parish?

I will join the Heretic soon so I just want to get all of the facts before making the flip. Thanks.
Macon3

Re: Heretic Questions For Lord Benevolent

Post by Macon3 »

from what I understand:

1. yes, heretics can capture or raze your only village.

2. no, it seems to depend on the defense (troops u kill and strength of castle).
post by benevolent: http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 2&start=10

3. from heretic wiki, "After a certain period of time any unclaimed charters can be “bought” by a local AI."
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

Remember INvasion is different then AI buying charters. Ai won't buy charters in spawn parishes but invasion will...assuming this is the same as wolf world

Lord B can we get more specifics on the benefits of being heretic? the wiki is lacking on this. If H10 wins the round, do all heretics get prizes? is there a limit on how many heretics there can be? Can a heretic get a level 5 wheel spin razing someone?
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Lord Benevolent wrote:The *benefit* of being a Heretic is that you can be a villain and keep players from succeeding in their fight against The Wolf. You can be the disruption in a 'peaceful' PvE environment. The price you pay for this is giving up the benefits everyone else enjoys (more honour, easy wheel spins, higher faith point cap, glory round prizes, etc).
What a dumb world design - really bad original wiki doc page that was quite ambiguous.
There is no reason to go heretic unless you got duped by the very poor original info from Firefly (since corrected but way late with no apology or remedy for those who went heretic early), or you are a player intent on razing other players for some wierd reason or most likely alts of players in the winning house to raze "annoying" players in competing houses.

No doubt the design encourages people to spend money on crowns.

Next time Lord Benevolent - write the official documents more carefully.
Still waiting for an official apology and remedy from Firefly lol.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Esoteric Paradigm wrote:
Lord Benevolent wrote:The *benefit* of being a Heretic is that you can be a villain and keep players from succeeding in their fight against The Wolf. You can be the disruption in a 'peaceful' PvE environment. The price you pay for this is giving up the benefits everyone else enjoys (more honour, easy wheel spins, higher faith point cap, glory round prizes, etc).
What a dumb world design - really bad original wiki doc page that was quite ambiguous.
There is no reason to go heretic unless you got duped by the very poor original info from Firefly (since corrected but way late with no apology or remedy for those who went heretic early), or you are a player intent on razing other players for some wierd reason or most likely alts of players in the winning house to raze "annoying" players in competing houses.

No doubt the design encourages people to spend money on crowns.

Next time Lord Benevolent - write the official documents more carefully.
Still waiting for an official apology and remedy from Firefly lol.
I agree
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

But as you alluded to yourself Esoteric Paradigm, you can't make it more beneficial to join the AI otherwise everybody would simply go heretic. The game would then end up being some weird parody of itself with all the players being in the same house and doing eff all just to milk all of the rewards. :lol:

I would have thought that if there was anything that the heretics would be up in arms about then it would be the zero honour that it costs to attack them...no?

Another question though - where are heretics allowed to re-spawn if they get reset? The same areas as the non-heretics or an area of more relative safety?
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

hylanda wrote:I would have thought that if there was anything that the heretics would be up in arms about then it would be the zero honour that it costs to attack them...no?
I wonder if it cost heretics honor to attack players?
The.Reckoning

Post by The.Reckoning »

From the sound of it ... you will be carding harder to survive as a Heretic and you basically get no rewards. I thought it might be fun to go Heretic to kill these Russians that are killing all of the Rats but after reading this new information I think I'll pass.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

The.Reckoning wrote:From the sound of it ... you will be carding harder to survive as a Heretic and you basically get no rewards. I thought it might be fun to go Heretic to kill these Russians that are killing all of the Rats but after reading this new information I think I'll pass.
Would have been nice to have you on our "side", but then we have no "side" really just badly programmed AI that sucks eggs.
There is no point in heretics banding together to support the wolf - there is no wolf, there is no leader of the AI and there is no point in players taking that role as there is no benefit to them doing so.

The lack of response from Lord Benevolent and the rest of FF is very telling. They either have no idea how ridiculous it is, don't care or they have no idea how to fix it.
underthunder

Post by underthunder »

another massive problem i see for the heretics is if you sign off...your basically a sitting duck
...thats because theres 1 massive faction and many of them are heretic traiters that will squeal to the house leaders when your not online if your considered a threat to them or a threat to any of the house players that reaches the big carders ears

good possibility the squealers are alts of some of the house players

alts cant be stopped,its part of the nature of the internet. FF should just let everyone have them. FF should also remove the online symbol from the heretic faction

im not into alts..i like the purity of strategy and politics within the rules ..but the massive carding allowed is ruining that and making the game boring cuz the carders rule every world ZZzzzzzzz.....next world that open they gonna use their giant stacks of honor cards to hit crown prince in matter of hours then maintain dominance easily

Return to “Heretic World (Ended)”