Weather Realism

New World with Weather dependent inter-Island travel.
Xolotl

Weather Realism

Post by Xolotl »

Yesterday/Today had a +5 ship weather, indicating a nice tailwind.

Yesterday had stormy/heavy rain as the global weather.

Something doesn't quite add up. Ideally the -ve ship weather numbers should accompany -ve global weather numbers (light rain, rain, heavy rain, storms), and the +ve ship weather the +ve global weather.
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: Weather Realism

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

I agree with that.
Also it is absurd that ships/scouts etc can travel at enormous speed right across a huge land mass while other scouts etc originating on the land mass just travel at snails pace. It is totally ridiculous and unacceptable.
Firefly - you should have waited until you could code your program to know which pixels were water and which were land so that you could implement something sensible - and next time don't have such large land masses
Gammacee

Re: Weather Realism

Post by Gammacee »

I agree, especially where troops are moving from one coastal parish to another. Why would they walk slowly if they could travel in the water fast???

And whilst we are at it...
No matter how good the wind, ships would not be able to sail into it as fast as they could sail out of it.

To be honest, the wind has almost no effect on my game anyway. Even when the wind was +5 I would still have had to play a card to make travel to even the nearest island worthwhile.
Bit of a useless add-on really.

Return to “Island Warfare”