When do we get ships?

New World with Weather dependent inter-Island travel.
Shaikan4

When do we get ships?

Post by Shaikan4 »

Well?
DontBeaWuss

Re: When do we get ships?

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Haven't you noticed that the icons that are due to travel over water keep changing to ships and back again? That's it.
JaySharky

Post by JaySharky »

There will be no pirates. There will be no rum.

Mostly disappointed about the rum.
Mosryp

Post by Mosryp »

yes was and is a bit desapointed

not what I was expected and read

or I read everything wrong

:(
Gammacee

Post by Gammacee »

No Pirates, No Rum.

And fishing is still pointless in this 'island' map. Coastal travel is still by walking (apparently ships can travel over large landmasses, but not along the coast?!?!?) . Spice and silk docks again pointless even when you are in a coastal parish.

In fact, not really any nautical / island / marine theme at all. Just a circle which tells you how much faster/slower travel between islands will be. And that is entirely predictable, so not really that 'interesting'...

Opportunity missed.
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

Seems really ´meh´ to me also. Probably the only thing that is changed that some timed attacks may get messed up.

Overall the game died because it just became too much about cards, and less about strategy or building.
Muwe

Post by Muwe »

[quote="Azrile"]

Overall the game died because it just became too much about cards, and less about strategy or building.[/quthe ote]
the best phrase i heard
JaySharky

Post by JaySharky »

Maybe they'll improve on it in the updates to come or in future maps. But yeah, there is a lot they could have done.

Adding a whole new tech tree called "Ships" that needed to be researched before you could send armies across the water might have made it feel more like an Island Warfare map.

Return to “Island Warfare”