Speed of scouts!?

New World with Weather dependent inter-Island travel.
Turabat

Speed of scouts!?

Post by Turabat »

The speed of which the scouts reach is far too high. There is no chance to catch any raw materials that are further than two minutes from the castle.
This is definitely a deterrent to the game.
CharlemagneTheGod

Re: Speed of scouts!?

Post by CharlemagneTheGod »

Its competitive, and that just means the world is active somewhat, everyones scouting everything, I see no issue.
Gotta just be quicker :roll:
I march to my own drum

Kill em all, let the lord sort em out

Savages
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

The scouts can travel fast even when they are travelling over land as long as they originate on an island. So that means if you are on one of the large islands trying to scout and there is good sea weather. The scouts coming from an island will travel at ridiculous speeds even on the dry land of the large island making it a advantage to scout from a small island.
Esoteric Paradigm

anyway this new world is all but dead as far as I can see - flopped before it began.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Yeah the one thing I got out of this was the speed I can rank up by banquetting early on which I never have done before. Then the world bored me but I can take this knowledge into any potneital new wolrd I start in the future. Other then that the novelty of the map was over pretty quick. Back to Global for me.
dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

The reason why banqueting is so useful is because there's barely anybody scouting those banqueting goods!

I noticed a drop in activity too.
Esoteric Paradigm

I haven't put a single point into scouts this time round - will do so tho a bit later on. This has allowed me to max castle building and defence early altho nobody is attacking anyone - oh well. Ranking on chivalry cards only (from Wolfie World) and stopping at Baron has completely changed the way I develop and I like it much better. 4 villages is just nice for me to manage without it becoming drudgery.

Return to “Island Warfare”