Weather

New World with Weather dependent inter-Island travel.
jordanator

Weather

Post by jordanator »

can we get like an explanation of the new winds? does it change daily? is it randomized? can it be the same wind twice in a row? what time does it change?
all this could really help influence the use of cards
Steamy Piles

Re: Weather

Post by Steamy Piles »

Oh to be a newb,

looking at things in a very simple way (this means looking at the weather indicator) it is easy to see that if you launch a trip across water you will travel faster or slower by the amount shown, or no change at all. And if you really pay attention, you will see that it changes all the time, probably as random as the flatulence that my bowls discharge...and with absolutely no predictability.

But maybe I have misread your question, and what you mean is "does the speed of my travel change with the wind", to which I would answer, probably, but as yet I just don't know, but seeings how that's the way it should work, it probably does work that way, or, given that it was a FF coder that did the job, and taking time to do it right would reflect less profitability....it probably doesn't work like that.

We shall see :P
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

Ship travel seems to change at 6pm UTC? Or some time around then.

Could be 3pm UTC, aka integer number of days after the world was launched.
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
jordanator

Post by jordanator »

Steamy Piles wrote:Oh to be a newb,

looking at things in a very simple way (this means looking at the weather indicator) it is easy to see that if you launch a trip across water you will travel faster or slower by the amount shown, or no change at all. And if you really pay attention, you will see that it changes all the time, probably as random as the flatulence that my bowls discharge...and with absolutely no predictability.

But maybe I have misread your question, and what you mean is "does the speed of my travel change with the wind", to which I would answer, probably, but as yet I just don't know, but seeings how that's the way it should work, it probably does work that way, or, given that it was a FF coder that did the job, and taking time to do it right would reflect less profitability....it probably doesn't work like that.

We shall see :P
you didn't read it right at all loll
and what i mean is what Time does the weather change
Steamy Piles

Post by Steamy Piles »

I see it change more than once per day, and the whole idea is to mess with timed attacks...which won't work, but hey, min wage programmers ftw
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

It changed at 00:00 UTC to 0, then changed back to -2 5 minutes later.
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
underthunder

Post by underthunder »

i seen it change today at 7pm game time
jordanator

Post by jordanator »

ive never seen it change more than once a day
underthunder

Post by underthunder »

Steamy Piles wrote:I see it change more than once per day, and the whole idea is to mess with timed attacks...which won't work, but hey, min wage programmers ftw
i wouldnt blame too much on the programmers...i doubt they can do much more than say "yes sir"

my guess the FF dream team(those in charge of new ideas) is not really made up of gamers,its likely made more from ex-gamer turned tainted business men that now play a different game along the lines of scam the players to get as much money from them as they can

in essence its the players that can also be blamed because they are the ones feeding the pay-to-win demon..and this demon will thrive and survive until gamers want true competition again...unfortunatly the world is full of a lot of spoiled brats right now that dont have the ability to see the world from the eyes of an alien
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

The program has no idea where the water is or the land - it does not know the difference at all - all they have done is mapped the village and stash spawn nodes to different "islands" and then the program can tell if the scout or army is classified as going between islands or within the same island. To do anything would require a huge change in the engine design.

Return to “Island Warfare”