what makes a good HM what makes a bad HM

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
andycorks

what makes a good HM what makes a bad HM

Post by andycorks »

we have seen this server go all over the place it took a special player to actually allighn so many players fighting amoungst them selves to band together and change the map from h19 control this player took it all and made a house that could stand up and do the hard yards that player showed many a good HM then came along a player that had there own agendas making side deals with the enemy to protect there own faction even though there house was fighting the enemy then used anything they could to overthrow there HM and overnight broke the house and earned many a hatred from within there own house just to achieve there own agenda and become the worst HM a server had seen

correct us if we are wrong
meatball2k

Re: what makes a good HM what makes a bad HM

Post by meatball2k »

Don't hold back, just say what you really mean :-)
Bubblyhydro

Post by Bubblyhydro »

Attachments
download (3).jpg
download (3).jpg (86.51 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
The Vengeful

Post by The Vengeful »

Luna has and always will be a troll. Like not even an honorable troll. She's power hungry but without the talent to attack and defend.

Let me tell you what makes a great leader. Not wanting to be but stepping up because you know your the best man for the job. All the times I have ran guilds or houses its not because I'm "power hungry". Its because I want to win, and frankly there are very few players I trust to lead me. I will put in the effort and time to win, and I will do everything besides * over my own players to win. Your players, your friends, your comrades at the end of the day are the only people who matter. A good HM knows when your friends are leading you into doom and either has the balls to tell them they are dumb and barking up the wrong tree and then has the balls to say "* it, boys lets have at them anyway." And you know what.... the * it lets have at them normally carries the day. If you show unrelenting honor to your own players they will follow you into * and back, and at the end of the day if people are calling you Little Finger and a backstabber while you and your m8s dance on their graves :) you did a good job.

On a more technical note.

Good HM.
- First into a war zone
- Last out of a war zone
- Doesn't ask players to do what he/she wont
- Doesn't rattle easy
- Highly visible, approachable, and online. - As far as when I was HM, I liked my players to feel like if they mailed me, I mailed back, if they got on TS I was there, or would be there and have time for them. Goes a long way.
- Big picture view of the map.
- Always keep your word, to your own players.
- Be fair to your alliance and players, just because someone spends more they get treated different.
- Favor results over calm waters. What I mean by that is, if someone is a crappy sheriff that doesn't attack, they don't need a seat which is a weapon of war.
- Pick your principles for the map and stick with them. IE: W7 Ireland, is for the Irish, no one else has any rights.
- No butt hurt, don't get prideful. Basically when we won W7 16 and 9 were able to merge after a long war, me winning the server and having my name at the top of the house didn't concern me, I was able to see that Holden of 16 had worked every bit as hard as I had to get his house where it needed to be. So we rotated HM kept us both fresh, and ultimately he got the top honors and I couldn't be happier for him.

As far as bad HM... The bodies are all over the place :) no reason to even touch on all the details, its all poor management, lazy, god complex, poor fighting, or cheated till they got banned off the planet.

S.R.
The Vengeful

Post by The Vengeful »

Pueo wrote:Who cares? This map is dead Ya'll are a bunch of necros

Come play on a map with some zest! GC2 is calling
I don't play sloppy second worlds :P
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

LOL The Vengeful boasts of how he won W7 is that not sloppy sevens :) all the top players were in W6 or left for their national worlds Like USA 1 etc at that time and did not join W7 the only ones to join were the ones who can't handle the heat and new players to the game
but i do agree with his credentials as to what makes a good HM
marko7

Post by marko7 »

Dave1 wrote:LOL The Vengeful boasts of how he won W7 is that not sloppy sevens :) all the top players were in W6 or left for their national worlds Like USA 1 etc at that time and did not join W7 the only ones to join were the ones who can't handle the heat and new players to the game
but i do agree with his credentials as to what makes a good HM

How come then W7 crew killed W6 crew in Spain and Portugal at the beginning of EU1 server?
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

LOL did not the W7 crew pay some big hitters from the old worlds to do their dirty work and claim it as a win for them and was it not a back stab hitting the W6 guys so early in the game when they were off line no war declared research in its early stage castles not fully built and no war declared, not guys i want to work with
I play hard,fair but stubborn they would have not got me out and they would never have been peace or a safe zone for them in spain and potrugal LOL
Everyone knocks the Russians for cheating but for me there are bigger, more cheats and backstabbers in the west in this game and you only have to look at real life
to see how the politics are there
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Did the west not agree to ally and fight H19 early in G1 on the understanding to kill them off then fight it out among themselves to win the age then H15 and under SR leadership they made peace with H19 and hung the rest out to dry then when H10 were dead took over H10 to then it leave it open for take over by 0ct4ne nothing against him for doing it thats what i told others to do but thats how we got to this point in the game
in conclusion i would not trust SR to look after my next door neighbors cat when they went on holiday than trust him in the game ( and i don't like cats ) :)
andycorks

Post by andycorks »

seems dave has a good memory I 4got about the little crew that was paid off in spain and yes it seems that there a lot of players that will lie and backstab in this game to achieve there own agendas

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”