I wonder ... (incoming attacks notification)

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
Lunks

I wonder ... (incoming attacks notification)

Post by Lunks »

I wonder if FF changed how the client received and displayed incoming attacks how it would change the game. I'm certain there has to be utilities out there that exam pixel changes and notifies players when they have an incoming.

This is not directed at H19 or H10, just players in general.

I remember back in W2 there was a set of scripts that were created to help players identify which parishes to sell items at a higher rate. It wasn't long after that FF added this ability to its premium token features.

That script worked as a proxy and captured packet information to and from the browser. It could easily have been used to identify incoming attacks as well. The code was posted on github and while I never used it, I'm confident that it worked based off my conversation with the author and tracing the code.

1. Stop utilities that watch for pixel change or share with the community
2. Change how the client and server communicate to avoid the use of proxies

Think this is too much to ask?
The Vengeful

Re: I wonder ... (incoming attacks notification)

Post by The Vengeful »

K there are two major ways to do it.

1. Pixel and Graphic changes, there are many many many programs that you can monitor an area and it will make a alarm on your pc, or notifty you via cell phone if the pixel changes.

2. You can actually pull the attack data from the unencrypted data stream and * it, and build a easy notification system through text message. Like every x amount of time ALL attacks on the map are sent to your client.

So you could get creative with problem 1. ive never actually used the programs, but I know a lot of people who have. So hard to say how that would be fixed.

2. We had a system in Euro1 that did this, I know we gave some of the germans the know how to do it at the end of Euro1 and some built systems for Global Conflict.

:) GC most of us just had teamviewer on our PCs and Cell phones and would just log in remotely every 20-30 minutes and check on our cities. Then at night a few of us would be on raid detail and you would get a late night phone call if you were under attack.
Voievoda

Post by Voievoda »

Right, that is why H9 players (Germans) and probably H11 players on Euro 1 are always online when attacked. I considder this to be a cheating just as double accounts.

In fact we all should become the right to turn on vacation modus when offline. So, fck this game.
erpages

Post by erpages »

And those are the pro players :P using alternative ways to have an advantage over others. Apply this software to PvE worlds so you can farm much easier.... Personally I prefer to die in battle rather than use a program or have my PC running 24/7 just to win the enemy team lol...
Some support to RazinHel as an user who uploads useful things of Stronghold Kingdoms
ImageImage
Voievoda

Post by Voievoda »

I want to suspect directly the Marshal of H10 on GC1 who is also marshal of H11 on Euro 1 which is close to H9...

I had a duel with words with him on GC1 and he forbids neutral houses to have any vasalship to russian houses. They want to say they play according to 'rules' and if I don't obey their rules then I "make my own rules". Then they razed one and promissed to raze all other villages.

Is that justice or a special form of tyranny?
erpages

Post by erpages »

Voievoda wrote:I want to suspect directly the Marshal of H10 on GC1 who is also marshal of H11 on Euro 1 which is close to H9...

I had a duel with words with him on GC1 and he forbids neutral houses to have any vasalship to russian houses. They want to say they play according to 'rules' and if I don't obey their rules then I "make my own rules". Then they razed one and promissed to raze all other villages.

From my point of view and experience, all political stuff that happens in game and is related in game without any monetary presence (for example, asking you money in exchange of peace, like a ransom payment) then, is legit and is not against the rules. So, every player can act as a dictator, tyran, democratic, manipulative, 5-years-old attitude,... whatever you want.
Some support to RazinHel as an user who uploads useful things of Stronghold Kingdoms
ImageImage
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

Voievoda wrote:I want to suspect directly the Marshal of H10 on GC1 who is also marshal of H11 on Euro 1 which is close to H9...

It is a good rule. Too many H19 players drop to neutral when they are low on faith points and then continue to support H19. We dozens of neutral factions marked as enemy because they are sending interdict to H19.

Its most likely alts, but no surprise.
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

The Vengeful wrote:K there are two major ways to do it.

1. Pixel and Graphic changes, there are many many many programs that you can monitor an area and it will make a alarm on your pc, or notifty you via cell phone if the pixel changes.

2. You can actually pull the attack data from the unencrypted data stream and * it, and build a easy notification system through text message. Like every x amount of time ALL attacks on the map are sent to your client.

So you could get creative with problem 1. ive never actually used the programs, but I know a lot of people who have. So hard to say how that would be fixed.

2. We had a system in Euro1 that did this, I know we gave some of the germans the know how to do it at the end of Euro1 and some built systems for Global Conflict.

:) GC most of us just had teamviewer on our PCs and Cell phones and would just log in remotely every 20-30 minutes and check on our cities. Then at night a few of us would be on raid detail and you would get a late night phone call if you were under attack.
Good explanation SR
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

This is a pretty standard thing from any house in a war.
Voievoda

Post by Voievoda »

I think H10 is by far most ruthless. I remember when they cried that "Russians are killing the server" because dominating it and so indirectly begging to be spared, and Russians did spare them in south America. They did not chase them to raze their last village.
Members of my fraction are vasals to H10 and nobody from H19 razes them.
I got razed my 18th village, that costs 25M honor.

I think decadents like western people are overly aggressive. And decadents die.

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”