It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 BAN: This account was terminated due to a violation... 

Post BAN: This account was terminated due to a violation...
This account was terminated due to a violation of the game rules

http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/TermsOfUse.html
http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/GameRules.html

The up side is clearly I can still post, so I'll have even more time now to hang out here on the forums!

Praise The Lord, God is the Greatest!

X in the Pokey!

W7 ~ H21 ~ Love, Compassion, Understanding
Believe in Happy Endings!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:08 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: BAN: This account was terminated due to a violation...
I'll be honest, I've never even bothered reading the ToS, you know I'm kinda radical like that...

but given my recent glut of free time I decided I'd go through it and make amends to firefly by sharing with you a breakdown of my sins.

I'll skip the boring stuff and just add the parts where I need to confess, I'd do this on the house raidcall, but the orthodox bishop called in sick today :<

*Below is formatted for a better forum reading experience!

The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Section 1 and this Section 2 (collectively, the "License Limitations"). Any use of the Service or the Game Client in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Firefly’s intellectual property rights in and to the Game. You agree that you WILL NOT, under any circumstances:

a) use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software, databases or scripts designed to modify the Game experience and/or Service;

Guilty! I used sandboxie, and VMs how else shall I play hundreds of accounts on different worlds? Duh! but no scripts sorry, I'm not high enough in the h19 inner circle to have access to those :|

b) exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Service, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) for gathering any applicable in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game; or (b) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;

Guilty! I've offered to sing in TS for crowns, roleplay various genders (including non-binary) for crowns, what wouldn't I do for crowns? I've also offered selling my faith pool for adult related services.

e) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Firefly;

Guilty I tried and failed to hex edit in some phallic symbols for unicode text replacement

f) host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or the Service, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Firefly in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
g) facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by Firefly; or

Guilty! what self respecting person isn't getting to know the firefly comms protocols on a more personal level, and I mean you're not gonna do that by just licking the wire? AMIRITE?

j) use the Game or Service to send unsolicited emails, including, without limitation promotions or advertisements for products or services.

Guilty! yeah... I just thought this game deserved a *LOT* more exposure, It's like timing in armies, just more email based :>

8.4 Rules Related to Game Play.

Firefly strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Firefly considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment. These include attacking, capturing, and razing other player’s villages. The Game has a "player vs. player" element so you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where others can attack you, rather than contacting Firefly’s in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been attacked by another player. Notwithstanding the foregoing certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not limited to, the following:

a) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

c) Anything that Firefly considers contrary to the "essence" of the Game.

Guilty, I've extorted players for ingame goods, and TS services under threat of being chased off the server. You know for the lulz. I would suspect that's not following with the "essence" of the game.

Bugs... well let's say I keep the freshest SHK 0dayz to myself

For all these sins and more (I'm sure) I repent in the name of the lord, on this day in the year of our most holy lord two thousand and sixteen.

I will say one hundred hail marys and do penance by picking up trash in the courtyard.

P.S.A. don't ever break the law, or the ToS, you'll end up banned and on a game-offender registry somewhere

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

I suspect one of the reasons they banned you was how you posted that you had multiple accounts on the forums

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:17 am

You know, that could be part of it! :>

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:37 am
Profile WWW

I hope they ban you from the forum for that unreadable post.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:36 am

Haters gonna, hate hate hate hate hate hate

:D

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]