GC 1 about to plummet below 10,000 players

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
Wilksy

Re: GC 1 about to plummet below 10,000 players

Post by Wilksy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:05 pm

VimpyCZ wrote:
Wilksy wrote:
VimpyCZ wrote:FF dont care, they only care about money from new worlds...
To be fair to them - they have been continually moaned at to do something about the number of 'dead' worlds.

Many are happy about this and many aren't. It is an impossible task to please everyone.
increase to 6 ages isnt sollution ;-)
I agree.

The Final Age is a step in the direction to correct this. This could possibly be brought forward a few ages in the future if it worked better?
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:29 pm

kill age 2 and 3 or I'm happy to negotiaite and kill age 3, and then kill age 5 so basically ahev age 1, age 2, age 4 and final age 6. then world close. I would be happyt o makle age 4 then final age an d only have 3 ages per world.

The only people unhappy are the super farmers who stick to 1 world but I ould be happy to risk losing them to bring more competition and stop dead servers.

I mean what is long term plan to have 100's of ages still going with ah andful of players in each age.

Age of death is the only solution, no houses, no ID, just last faction standing wins

erpages

Post by erpages » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:06 am

I don't know what to think...by one side, I like the idea of reducing dead worlds to increase, at least try, the base players of newer worlds. But, in the other side, dead worlds might be funny for players that prefer to keep in one world instead of moving to another and another, continuously.

In my opinion, if the player base is our goal, then, reducing dead worlds is not necessarily a solution because most of those players, at least a big bunch of them, will move to another game that doesn't push them to move. In other words, they are lazy and they will be lazy. So, we must find another strategy to increase the player base AND solve the problems that reduces the player base (reason a player might leave).
Some support to RazinHel as an user who uploads useful things of Stronghold Kingdoms
ImageImage

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:18 am

erpages wrote:I don't know what to think...by one side, I like the idea of reducing dead worlds to increase, at least try, the base players of newer worlds. But, in the other side, dead worlds might be funny for players that prefer to keep in one world instead of moving to another and another, continuously.

In my opinion, if the player base is our goal, then, reducing dead worlds is not necessarily a solution because most of those players, at least a big bunch of them, will move to another game that doesn't push them to move. In other words, they are lazy and they will be lazy. So, we must find another strategy to increase the player base AND solve the problems that reduces the player base (reason a player might leave).
I think killing worlds is the solution and having a calendar in place for new world openings will also be good so people can plan what they will do. People leave worlds because new ones open so quickly so when they lose 1 war they think the server is lost. Well if more people where active on the server they would not be lost so quickly if there wasn't new worlds opening constantly people would stick it out and try and bounce back. In my opinion there should only ever be 1 map in age 1 i.e uk1 usa1,euro 1 and gc1 when they move to the next age you open a new world 1.

If people like to stay in 1 world farming then join ai world or some world like that where you get to build 600 villages and kill ai and fight the odd rogue player because that's what most of the words are like with maybe exception of uk1.

I say to the players that don't like it, move on and find another game

HelaFire

Post by HelaFire » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:46 am

I remember back in 2012 when they were talking of the world ending at age 1, there was uproar in the community at the time, with hindsight if we had known how things would be dragged out and the model repeated over and over until worlds were * of players I think people may have thought differently.

I feel that once the current worlds have been killed off (this may yet take some time reading the Final age game-play) maybe FF should look at killing worlds at an earlier age. Also more worlds of different game play, would love to see another Dom world, a short stay world that's intense fore a couple of months, but on a more regular basis........

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:30 pm

I would be happy with a new world starting at age 6 for a change so everyone gets to test these new rules without having to sit through years of boredom to try out age 6.

Its clear to majority of people that most ages are a waste of time, I don't mind age 2 because its quick but age 3 is not needed and I would say skip age 4 and 5 and go straight to age 6.

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”