Time to say Goodbye v 2.0

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
russianboss123

Time to say Goodbye v 2.0

Post by russianboss123 »

My view on FF and The game and why I will also quit this game

Firefly studios is not a big company in gaming however that is their own fault, they failed to replicate the success of their best game "Stronghold Crusader". Look at Stronghold 3, actually do not look at it as it is garbage. They had their big hit and chance and they did not take it. The failure of FF is due to them being ignorant to the fast progression of technology and ignoring the changes that were needed. Instead of letting other companies work with them they decided to be both developer and publisher (developer over everything). In 2008 the company underwent financial problems, they also were not able to finish the game Dungeon Hero (the publisher did * them over)

Where this connects to Stronghold Kingdoms:
as a result FF was close to broke, they downsized and a team of 4 created this game. The purpose of the game was to raise funds for the company and is why they introduced the pay to win system. It was meant to raise funds so that they could release Stronghold Crusader 2; and they still needed funding.... This game has a team of 8 people to do everything believe it or not (as in employed by FF studios). FF in their mission statement said they want to stay small and true to their roots so that means no awesome changes to the game mechanics and no change in the style. This also means that unless they get a bigger team hacks are only likely to increase. Just wait for the phone glitches/ hacks to be exploited once it becomes available.
As the game grows so must the amount of money put into the game; obviously as i said FF wanted a giant profit margins to find SC 2....which was a fail for the most part because they decided to do everything themselves... SC2 dropped from $60 to $10 like a fly.

In the interview for SC 2 Simon Bradbury the co founder of the company said "...we only have four coders at peak times, and three artists". In the interview he talks about how Stronghold Crusader 2 was mostly funded by Stronghold Kingdoms.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/23/stronghol ... t-4878513/

I'm a big fan of the crusader series and this but the fact that they diminished one game in favor of another ruins the companies credability. The failure of SC 2 should be a sign to FF on how to proceed with the mobile version. If you keep it pay to win use a good chunk of that money to reinvest into the game. The recent hack just shows FF unwillingness not inability to make this game more secure and better.

Game was fun while it lasted, some cool people iv'e met. Crappy gaming company though.

knowing all of this and seeing that FF studios is still using this game to feed their other ambitious projects instead of trying to improve this game at all, means i will be leaving and hope that everyone reading this takes leaving into consideration.

-soon to be ex player of SHK
-Russianboss123
ElectrickSabers

Re: Time to say Goodbye v 2.0

Post by ElectrickSabers »

SHK was kind of just puttering along in the beginning, it wasn't until it was added on steam (which was around the launch of W3), that the game exploded in popularity.
Bernd von Habsburg

Post by Bernd von Habsburg »

I think it's cheap to simply insult "gaming companies" like that, but you make good points. There are also a dozen bugs I can bring up off the bat, that already existed years ago. HeII, even the "Post Major Bugs - Updates/Fixes and Workarounds For Players"-Thread describes Bugs that still exist. And it was last edited 2011.
Bernd von Habsburg

Post by Bernd von Habsburg »

Calling SHK a RTS feels weird to me. Maybe we should call it FTS, Future Time Strategy?
KamMik

Post by KamMik »

I also wish some games were as good as couple years ago.. like SHC was 14 years ago :) Wait.. those games were good because it was something completely new and gaming was not as big those days right?
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

I have been one foot out the door since W2. This doesn't surprise me, Firefly has always managed us very poorly. All you have to do is look through my old posts from years ago. We were lied to (yes lied) numerous times.

Anyways, if I see more SOS people leave that'll be the time I finishing walking through that door.

It might be time for the community to walk.
TotallyNotMicha

Post by TotallyNotMicha »

Lunks wrote:I have been one foot out the door since W2. This doesn't surprise me, Firefly has always managed us very poorly. All you have to do is look through my old posts from years ago. We were lied to (yes lied) numerous times.

Anyways, if I see more SOS people leave that'll be the time I finishing walking through that door.

It might be time for the community to walk.
still remember that goodbye baron from original h19 in nottinghamshire being one of first players to get diamond firestarter without razing *
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

@Micha

I enjoyed staying a baron - it was a BLAST!

Its great to see so many old faces around here, the game has changed so much!
TotallyNotMicha

Post by TotallyNotMicha »

Lunks wrote:@Micha

I enjoyed staying a baron - it was a BLAST!

Its great to see so many old faces around here, the game has changed so much!
Well i used to play as a knight here and it was so much fun, when nobody would attack you because of the honor costs and amount of armies required :D
Real OGs stick around even if they are donezo, this game became more than game for me since its major reason and major source for me of developing my english skills.
If i didnt start playing it i probably couldnt even trashtalk :<
NocturnalEmission

Post by NocturnalEmission »

Hello.

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”