Global Conflict Weekly Briefing

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
Beowulfneo

Re: Global Conflict Weekly Briefing

Post by Beowulfneo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:41 am

Simply put, THIS IS WHY WE FIGHT, THIS IS WHY THEY DIE......nothing else to say.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:55 am

RobertScott wrote:Yo it is Sunday evening, where is my video ? Also, rethink going down the path of posts like "H 15 Diplomats". Do not fall under the spell that Wrain did.
I'm not under the influence of either side, I'm in contact with both though and I've seen the threads they send between each other. The House 15 diplomats thread was a jab at house 15's method of stonewalling in a cross house diplo thread instead of just saying they won't talk in group threads. There is an honorable and direct approach to such personal quandaries and I personally felt 15 went out of their way to waste time and didn't act in good faith. Just based on what I've seen. I have no investment in GC1 and won't be swayed to either side by ingame pressure. Would I say my reporting is objective? Not in the traditional journalism sense since I add commentary. A journalist just reports on what happened, they don't get to have opinions, that's why I feel I fall into the category of largely unbiased political commentator.

Far as video releases go, some things changed and the schedule has been pushed forward.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

The Vengeful

Post by The Vengeful » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:36 pm

I also asked him about this cause I wasn't sure where that was coming from lol.

What happened is Joe wanted to get a ceasefire between 10-15 so rather than just adding the main leaders on both sides to a thread, he literally added ALL H10-11-15 generals to a thread, which is bad form. You simply don't do it, its chaos, and normally causes more dislike than anything else. Diplomacy in SHK needs to be handled by as little people as possible to prevent egos and name calling. So soon as I took over as HM I just closed all those joint threads and informed our generals to ignore them.

See the only reason, ONLY reason people do those joint threads is to try to find the dissenting factions who might be unhappy or ready to crack and draw them out.

Plus :) I don't talk shop often in threads as it is.

RobertScott

Post by RobertScott » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:20 pm

( Robert gets his bag of popcorn ready for his Sunday evening GC video.....)

Handyman1963

Post by Handyman1963 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm

DavidSpy wrote:
RobertScott wrote:Yo it is Sunday evening, where is my video ? Also, rethink going down the path of posts like "H 15 Diplomats". Do not fall under the spell that Wrain did.
I'm not under the influence of either side, I'm in contact with both though and I've seen the threads they send between each other. The House 15 diplomats thread was a jab at house 15's method of stonewalling in a cross house diplo thread instead of just saying they won't talk in group threads. There is an honorable and direct approach to such personal quandaries and I personally felt 15 went out of their way to waste time and didn't act in good faith. Just based on what I've seen. I have no investment in GC1 and won't be swayed to either side by ingame pressure. Would I say my reporting is objective? Not in the traditional journalism sense since I add commentary. A journalist just reports on what happened, they don't get to have opinions, that's why I feel I fall into the category of largely unbiased political commentator.

Sorry you are biased, everyone is its basic human nature. Saying you are not is bias in of itself.

That said your reports are insightful

The Vengeful

Post by The Vengeful » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm

He takes shots and jabs, but honestly his videos are decently unbiased. Not being in the houses hes fed info from each of the marshalls and all the marshalls look at it a little differently than reality. I try to give him straight information and some back ground. He reads it over, as im sure he does many others and tries to string together a decent look at it.

Overall he does a pretty good job, and im pretty critical of this stuff.

RobertScott

Post by RobertScott » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 pm

He indeed does a pretty good job and provides a valuable service.

erpages

Post by erpages » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 pm

In my opinion, if somebody dislike the job of DavidSpy he is doing for nothing in exchange, then, he (the whiner) have many options to pick. For example, he could do a video from a more objective point of view, or more subjective. Or just ignore the videos of DavidSpy. But, be negative and make destructive commentaries, doesn't help anybody and, doesn't help any way to DavidSpy who is trying to provide some videos with news and opinions of what is going on, which I think it's very important and worthy the work he is doing because there is no source of information to keep those histories/events except DavidSpy's videos.

In addition, it could be a pretty interesting work if somebody have the will to do it to write an history (books for example) with chapters explaining the situation and histories (more or less realistic to the events of the game).

An idea for you DavidSpy: You could simplify the things which some symbol/graphic design when you are explaining the territories that changed from one hand to another, or territories with heavy fire and territories with less pressure. For example, you could place a flag with half of the color of the house defeated in that territory in that time and half of the conqueror, or place swords in the area where is the conflict, or place lines with color of the invasor like this: http://prntscr.com/an7snk

The screenshot of that grey territory with purple lines means that territory is being invaded heavily and both sides are fighting for it.

Have a nice day x)
Some support to RazinHel as an user who uploads useful things of Stronghold Kingdoms
ImageImage

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:41 pm

Handyman1963 wrote: Sorry you are biased, everyone is its basic human nature. Saying you are not is bias in of itself.

That said your reports are insightful
You have to put it in context, I'm not in favor of any one alliance and I believe oftentimes the journey matters more than the destination. It's the process of entertaining self doubt that helps keep my mind open.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

RobertScott

Post by RobertScott » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Yo I got my popcorn where be the video ?

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”