Is USA3 dead?

This USA World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Graytoni

Is USA3 dead?

Post by Graytoni »

I can't seem to ever see anyone almost on global chat, no one much responds to mails and i'm stuck with a guy who does not speak English and is ok with leaving a Snakes castle in the parish all the dame time!!.

At 2 days I really can't do much to kill it but what the heck.
Someone should make a ts to get players to be a bit more active with each other so the world is not so 1player vs the PC, which is really what it feels like.
PingIrons

Re: Is USA3 dead?

Post by PingIrons »

I have been in game for about two months, I have never seen anything near a fight. I just hit level 22, backed up and realized the game cost me about, lets see, oh god, $100.00. This is the most expensive game I have ever even heard of, and now, it is back to waiting and listening to the crap that maybe something interesting MIGHT happen at some point in the distant future.

So, considering the exorbitantly expensive price to play, the horrid boredom, sitting and waiting with zero control of your environment, yeah I am not so interested in paying 10 bucks a pop to get my castle upgrade to hurry up by what really amounts to thirty minutes of a 9 hour build.

The final straw is/are the infantile mechanics that make the game a terrible pain, meaning the building, and occasionally deleting towers, or buildings due to the fact you can only partially determine what you are moving, clicking or trying to delete it. There are pain in the * confirmations that exist only to slow you down, and no confirmation for delete of a tower. They did not include the ability to SEE what you are really deleting, and WHEN you accidentally delete something because of easily corrected poor mechanics, you have just cost your self as much as 24 hours of waiting, which for about $50.00, you may be able to catch up, that is $50 bucks per click. It is going to happen, a lot, and the guys creating the game will not put the fix back in, ever, it is incredibly profitable.
(The folks that built this game obviously had a code to help you out by allowing a confirmation option, but I am sure someone realized the game might lose its over all title as the far and away most expensive game on steam to play, I have never seen such a blatant example of profiteering by the incorporation of absolute garbage mechanics.) Well there was the Chevrolet Corvair)

Look the game was great in concept when Sid Meyers created it 3 decades ago, but the reality of the pay to play game follows:
Boring, sit and wait... get used to taking long naps, and paying a METRIC #$%^ for the right sit and wait.
No player interaction even within a faction and never within a house. (So why not just play civilization?)
Exorbitant pricing, folks this game is 2000% more expensive than any other game out there, and half of the players you are relating to, are actually employees or friends of employees that play for free, and yes, they are all playing dozens of accounts on the same server(s).
Infantile mechanics allowed to stay in the game to add to the exorbitant profits.

Just hoping this message gets out and folks will move on to any other game, you can play games that have voice clients and TALK to people, games that are far more complicated than this copy of what Sid Meyers did 3 decades ago, that will cost you at most $15 dollars US a month to play.
Stronghold will get exponentially more expensive, and oddly far more boring as time passes and you as you progress.
You are playing against the house here, you are going to lose your shirt.
Leave, put on your most comfortable shoes and run like *.
Good luck, I am out of here for good.
Cathz

Post by Cathz »

This game is as expensive as you make it. it's a free download, and cards can be gained freely if you work for them. I've been playing a couple of years, spent about £5 (if I remember right) for the 14 cards a week, that's it. don't complain, about money you've chosen to spend, to take the easy route
KingJbone

Post by KingJbone »

Cathz wrote:This game is as expensive as you make it. it's a free download, and cards can be gained freely if you work for them. I've been playing a couple of years, spent about £5 (if I remember right) for the 14 cards a week, that's it. don't complain, about money you've chosen to spend, to take the easy route

^ farmer
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

@pingirons, u may want to try the rise of the wolf server, if u have a vill near some wolf parishes u'll get lots of action, more than most players want. the global conflict 1 server is the most active server I play on, lots of fighting going on, it's still in the 1st age nearing 2 yrs the server has been open. although only 2 houses are left in the glory race, they both have several stars, so age 1 is gonna last much longer.
CLB15522

Post by CLB15522 »

I am new to this game. How can you tell if a player is inactive. I see villages by me that have a green glow, was wondering if they are inactive. thanks
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Check with Lifisa - the Sheriff
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

CLB15522 wrote: I see villages by me that have a green glow, was wondering if they are inactive.
green glow doesn't mean inactive that I know of, maybe some gamma radiation in the area though.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

In this case the green outline around villages is House 4

Return to “USA World 3 Lounge”