Best way to start off in europe 3?

This EU World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Lord Darko900

Re: Best way to start off in europe 3?

Post by Lord Darko900 »

Welcome To stronghold kingdom

1st- thing to do is after completing tutorial ..complete few of the quests which are unlocked like researching dairy farms
2nd- get yourself some scouts by researching them in military and their speed + their capacity ( get max speed )
3rd- Banqueting try to unlock the 1st four type of banqueting unlocked as soon as you can and build at least 4 building of each
4th- Researching markets and building them so you can trade resources for gold
5th- Get some researches done in military ..i.e army speed , army size ..so you can kill the wolf lairs and bandit camps for some honor bonus
Unlock all the farming buildings Except fishing and invest some research points for higher production and ale too also increase stone and wood production as well ...Get archers and pikemans and max their health
from point 6 it can be in another order ( but Mathematics is very important )
6th- Max out Mathematics in your researches then research Literature for more popularity after that research decoration ( and arts ) for more honor multiplier
7th Max out Fortification for building castles you need to research Castellation first to unlock that then do some researches in Defences after that Construction for castle speed
8th you can research Tools for less buildings cost for you village buildings and Architecture for faster village building ....
9th THIS is one is important ..researching Theology until you unlock Eucharist to interdict yourself and you need at least 1 research in Ordination to use it ( you should have this at rank 12-14 ) and build all the faith point buildings
10th unlock weapon buildings and build them ..
11th research Transportation for merchants speed ...
12th research Commerce to be able trade with other parishes around you
also note that you can pay some money to get crowns to buy card packs and use the cards as boost or exchange them for card point to get other specific cards ( not all of them )
Yoooooooooo
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Please be aware that there are many different approaches on what to research first and how best to manage your villages . . . . but this is hugely influenced by what role you intend to play . . . fighter, supplier, monker etc. . . so best to establish that first and then determine what direction your research should go.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I have played for years and still change the way I start, I kind of ignore banqueting altogether but each to there own. Eventually if you play long enough you should be able to monk, fight and supply. Choose your path wisely though as if you wanting to fight I think you need to be active a lot to attack and defend where as monking is just as important but you don't have to be on as much. Supplying I have never really needed a supplier so think that role is kind of useless as theres always someone who can help if you really need it.
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

tbh it doesn't matter what role you choose... once you learn how to play the game , how to protect yourself and fight in wars , how to build an effective village ( from production side ) and a good castle nothing else matter

It's not like ...hey i'm monker or supplier i don't have to max out pillage or ransack research ...eventually you will have to do them all
Yoooooooooo
HappyHour224

Post by HappyHour224 »

i hate posts like this. if your a new player you are not going to know enough to utilize the "best way" to build, and if you are not a new player you going to have your own way of doing things and that best way is not going to work for you.

few things newbies need to know.

this is a game of war and politics. If you do not want to fight and want to keep things easy keep your game-play peaceful you will still need to navigate the political scene.

like all RTS games there are limiting resources. this means that certain resources are vital and always in short supply. For Stronghold kingdoms (SHK) those are Faith points (FP for short) and Catapults. So to keep up with the world those are things you need to get producing and don't waste them

Leveling in this game is not based on your rank it is your research. A knight can be as powerful as a prince but only if the research is there. Increasing your rank gives you cheap research points so there is a positive correlation between the two. Regardless, to keep up, you need to maintain your research at all times (other words always have something researching)

All the other crap in this game is a means to an end to the things above. You do not need to banquet if you have other means of getting honor, you do not need to scout if you have other means of getting resources, etc.

The way you orient yourself will be determined based on what you are willing to do and how much money/time you put in the game.

And for the love of God, dont worry about being a supplier/monker/fighter/whatever. that is a concept that only applies to organized factions in the first 30-60 days of a server. It is significantly overblown by everyone else that does not know what they are doing.

ugh, i hate ranting, but since i typed all this up i will post anyway haha

HappyHour
Death Boltz

Post by Death Boltz »

Happy hour is on the mark with is post.

You have 4 days of peace time use it wisely. I typically work on my economy the first 2 day. Then work on my defense the last 2 days.

What this allows you to spend 2 days building base by which you can research and advance and then you get 2 to make sure no one takes it.......if carder comes along, well then he is going take your * or not....ain't nothing you can do about it
StrongMann

Post by StrongMann »

Darko has a nice list of what is important, but it kind of says everything is important. Not sure if he really meant max thing 1 before any of thing 2, etc. as you kind of need all of it all at once, so sometimes some of each can make sense.

Happy hour had good thoughts too, especially that there is more than one way to skin a cat (does anyone, besides me, still say that?)

If I were to distill it to one thing, you have to figure out what will be your honor engine. Nothing in the game gets better unless you get smarter, by which I mean getting research done. Buying research points gets cost prohibitive pretty fast, so ranking up is needed to drive research, and that takes honor. So honor = science.

How to get honor? Build a military and go kill AI lairs and castles (army research path). Get high speed scouts and grab the uncovered stashes (scout research path). Max out arts and deco and turn popularity into research (art deco food research path). Run big banquets (banquet research path).

Which of these paths you choose (alone or in combination) depends a lot on how much time you can be in game. Army and scout paths require a lot of game dwell time, to get those targets when they spawn. Popularity and banquets can make honor while you are offline (cash in the banquet goods in a short login).

I don't have as much game dwell time as others, so I rely on popularity and banquets as my honor engine.

The one scarce resource early game, in my opinion, is STONE. Most construction needs it (except a stone mason), and the castle needs it big time. It is one resource you rarely find for sale at the parish. So getting a healthy stone production is a key, I think. It keeps your building going, and it sells for good money at the parish (unlike those 1 dollar apples).

SM
TheKRAKEN

Post by TheKRAKEN »

If you truly want to learn I suggest joining a group and then go on teamspeak to have someone explain things as you go. The more active you are the more you will learn

Return to “EU World 3 Lounge (Closed)”