It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 castle graphics messed up 

Post castle graphics messed up
After the first few minutes of each log-in, my castles begin displaying in a jumble. Some features appear to be on a separate plane, floating in the air above the rest, and it is impossible to tell which spaces are open and which are full. When placing troops, they show up some distance from where they are placed, and it is difficult or impossible to get formations posted directly on towers.

The problem also shows up when attacking AI. Troops and catapults show a few spaces from where they are placed, and are sometimes scattered. Catapults can't be aimed by clicking directly on them.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Post Re: castle graphics messed up
Can you post screenshots?

Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:06 am

I am also experiencing this bug. I've tried various resolutions and get the same issue. I should note that this only ever occurs on the Mac client of Stronghold and have not noticed it on the PC / Steam client. It was happening in the previous update and continues to happen in the current one.

This bug also affects troop placement when attacking or placing troops in the castle.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Good info, I only play the PC version of the game so I can't try replicating your issue but I'll mention it to support.

ImageImage

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:40 am
Profile WWW

I have the same issue on Mac, vey irritating, and a massive hinderance not being able to place troops for an attack when trying to complete a quest!

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:00 am

If you could let us know if you are playing Windowed or Full Screen and what desktop resolution you are running.
Please try switching the game into full screen while using different resolutions (resizing SHK to different sizes/weird aspect ratios then click Window->FullScreen).
Are you using a single or multi monitor setup ?
If you still experience issues please post screenshot or video links, how you duplicate the issue and what system you are running on.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:45 pm

I have tried both full screen and windowed, in 1280X800 and 1152X720. It is the same in all. After a fresh log in, the graphics works fine for a few minutes, but by the time I have gone through half of my castles to inspect and repair, the graphics messes up again. It is a single monitor laptop.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

I'm sorry I have no idea what " (resizing SHK to different sizes/weird aspect ratios then click Window->FullScreen)." means.

The screen looks a lot like the one posted above, but the file size of the ones I took were to large.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Lord Friendly wrote:
If you could let us know if you are playing Windowed or Full Screen and what desktop resolution you are running.
Please try switching the game into full screen while using different resolutions (resizing SHK to different sizes/weird aspect ratios then click Window->FullScreen).
Are you using a single or multi monitor setup ?
If you still experience issues please post screenshot or video links, how you duplicate the issue and what system you are running on.

I've tried windowed and full screen, various resolutions (pretty much all that will allow me to see the entire game)

There's no way to really duplicate this, it just happens randomly. I just played for about 20 minutes and suddenly when viewing my castles it started happening. It always resolves with a game restart.

I am running two monitors but this happens even when i'm only running one.

My built-in display runs at 1280 x 800 and my additional monitor runs at 1680 x 1050 but again, i've tried a number of different resolutions with the same result.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F1134)

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:59 pm

This happens on both Yosemite and El Capitan btw

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:08 am

Any word on this issue?

Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next