Client update like windows

Richard_thelionheart

Client update like windows

Post by Richard_thelionheart »

Hi, long time veteran and I've just started playing again but I'm on a MacBook now and was wonder if there was going to eventually be a update to the client to bring it up to the level of the windows client as the apple client is missing a lot of features and abilities and the clean look of the windows client.

Thanks, Richard

Omar_Hawk

Re: Client update like windows

Post by Omar_Hawk »

There was once a special mac client, but Firefly dropped it, probably due to budget reasons in favor of the normal app client, which is a hassle to play on any device...
For farming purposes it might be OK, but as soon as you want to attack someone, the app version has some really shi*y UX (e.g. placing troops, aligning catapults, ...), which makes it hard and not fun at all to play. If you really now how the game works and try to achieve the same things on mobile as well as on the Windows client, you'll be likely to throw your mobile device against the wall. Or differently stated: You really need to be a masochist to rely on the App for attack purposes... :D

Thus: I bet, there will never be a windows like Mac client again.

Richard_thelionheart

Re: Client update like windows

Post by Richard_thelionheart »

Omar_Hawk wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:10 am
There was once a special mac client, but Firefly dropped it, probably due to budget reasons in favor of the normal app client, which is a hassle to play on any device...
For farming purposes it might be OK, but as soon as you want to attack someone, the app version has some really shi*y UX (e.g. placing troops, aligning catapults, ...), which makes it hard and not fun at all to play. If you really now how the game works and try to achieve the same things on mobile as well as on the Windows client, you'll be likely to throw your mobile device against the wall. Or differently stated: You really need to be a masochist to rely on the App for attack purposes... :D

Thus: I bet, there will never be a windows like Mac client again.
Thanks mate, yeah coming back after years of playing and switching to Mac is a big difference, I have bootcamp which allows me use windows on my Mac but its really fidgety to use so ill most likely set my castle and attack formations on that then just play on Mac even though there is so many glitches like I can't even zoom out to see what house rules the the country.

Return to “Technical Help”