Fix the remote exception errors please

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: Fix the dam remote exception errors already!

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

At the very least if they do say that the error cannot be fixed - at least capture the rror and exit the client program gracefully - really abc's of good programming.
Also - you can dam well cancel all AI atacks when this error occurs lol!
How the * can we repair villages under timed attacks when your errors prevent us from logging in!
shadowfax044

Post by shadowfax044 »

It's happening to me, too. I'd be happy never to see the words "system runtime error" ever again. I don't really know much about programming. Can anyone tell me what that means, exactly? It sounds like the program has a problem with how long I've had the game open, but I've been getting them not 2 minutes after logging in, so I could be wrong about what the phrasing means.
Esoteric Paradigm

shadowfax044 wrote:It's happening to me, too. I'd be happy never to see the words "system runtime error" ever again. I don't really know much about programming. Can anyone tell me what that means, exactly? It sounds like the program has a problem with how long I've had the game open, but I've been getting them not 2 minutes after logging in, so I could be wrong about what the phrasing means.
System runtime error is just a generic error message.
A good programmer will write good error capture routines that handle errors gracefully not like we have atm.
Bloodsports

Post by Bloodsports »

http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 17&t=31016

in this thread someone explains why it happens...
Esoteric Paradigm

Bloodsports wrote:http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 17&t=31016

in this thread someone explains why it happens...
You notice that Firefly doesn't comment tho - just hiding behind their computers I guess. I really cannot understand their lack of interest in this beta test we are doing for them.
shadowfax044

Post by shadowfax044 »

Thanks for the info, guys. And yes, the lack of response from FF is incredibly frustrating. Especially because the developers told us they would take some of our ideas into account for fixing ID, but then they took the worst ideas out of the pool and added in double cost, too. Honestly, they aren't giving this beta test nearly as much attention as they should.
Esoteric Paradigm

shadowfax044 wrote:Thanks for the info, guys. And yes, the lack of response from FF is incredibly frustrating. Especially because the developers told us they would take some of our ideas into account for fixing ID, but then they took the worst ideas out of the pool and added in double cost, too. Honestly, they aren't giving this beta test nearly as much attention as they should.
Who the heck is this Lord "Friendly" guy anyway?
Does he work for FF?
He seems to have very little time, knowledge or ability to help at all.
FF themselves would be better off fronting up and helping out - it's not as tho there are that many posts to answer lol.
They can't exactly say these forums are busy lol.
They will become deadly quiet unless they improve their involvement here esp since this is a beta and feedback (from them) is important to the tiny player base that bothers posting at all.
Bloodsports

Post by Bloodsports »

I think he's a bot....log a ticket, log a ticket, log a ticket.

But seriously, the premise of this game is great. I've played Stronghold in all it's form from the original, which is still my favourite game :) Just wish they could sort these problems...
Esoteric Paradigm

My ticket is gone but the errors haven't - can't log back in atm
kroganelite

Post by kroganelite »

Someone dun goofed. Can we get an update?

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”