Welcome to the Rise of the Wolf Boards

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
mikdslash

Re: Welcome to the Rise of the Wolf Boards

Post by mikdslash »

hi... Two things of interest are going on, and I think I should be able to cancel both..

1) I sent an army to fight a rat far away. however someone capped the village before Im there. Now Im attacking that player, and can't cancel.
I should still have my cancel option I believe in this case. ... Due to the timing.

2) I sent another an army to fight a snake, and someone razed that village. So now its apparently off to buy a new charter.
I dont want to pay for a new charter. I dont want to get charged the mega money. It was only going to cost me troops and a captain before to cap..
I dont know what will happen, but I hope it doesnt drain my currency!
I should be able to cancel.. Due to timing..

And in both cases, I could have cancelled had the Rat and Snake been there. And because it is now a player at that spot, and a open village.. I can't cancel!!

Help!
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

mikdslash wrote: 2) I sent another an army to fight a snake, and someone razed that village. So now its apparently off to buy a new charter.
I dont want to pay for a new charter. I dont want to get charged the mega money. It was only going to cost me troops and a captain before to cap..

And in both cases, I could have cancelled had the Rat and Snake been there. And because it is now a player at that spot, and a open village.. I can't cancel!!

Help!
It won't buy a charter for you don't worry for that

as for attacking a player with open castle shouldn't be a problem sine you both had captains on way while it was still AI village
Yoooooooooo
mikdslash

Post by mikdslash »

Lord Darko900 wrote:
mikdslash wrote: 2) I sent another an army to fight a snake, and someone razed that village. So now its apparently off to buy a new charter.

Help!
It won't buy a charter for you don't worry for that

as for attacking a player with open castle shouldn't be a problem sine you both had captains on way while it was still AI village
But I had no intention to attack this player. I was attacking the Rat. And now Im attacking the other player..
I should be able to cancel in this situation.
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

Attacking players is the biggest part of this game ....i'm sure he will understand if explain to him about it ..
Yoooooooooo
mikdslash

Post by mikdslash »

Lord Darko900 wrote:Attacking players is the biggest part of this game ....i'm sure he will understand if explain to him about it ..
ok.. so let me explain further. I sent a small force to beat a small rat.
So by the time my force gets there a day from now, who knows what I'll face.
To me if a ownership swap occurs on a village/castle, the player should get a chance to cancel the attack..
Arakus1

Post by Arakus1 »

mikdslash wrote:
Lord Darko900 wrote:Attacking players is the biggest part of this game ....i'm sure he will understand if explain to him about it ..
To me if a ownership swap occurs on a village/castle, the player should get a chance to cancel the attack..

Works as intended, you can cancel attacks on players up to 5 minutes after launching attack, then they are underway.
Thats the risk.
No change needed!
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

Arakus1 wrote:
mikdslash wrote:

Works as intended, you can cancel attacks on players up to 5 minutes after launching attack, then they are underway.
Thats the risk.
No change needed!
bullarky it's a different kind of game for crying out loud...I'm just waiting for the next phase in this world where wolves and bandits attack you and the characters from stronghold 2 are added to join in the fight with them being together in a few houses and we can really get this game off to a ~for once~ smashing start that is about playing a game, and not about smashing the week players and out paying the big ones
Also having the King rule lands and having players side with the Wolf and The Hammer (who would fight each other for land) but that will prolly be after this gets it's way out of beta so no worries there
LordAnowon

Post by LordAnowon »

What I have experienced is that you can cancel your attack no matter how long ago you launched or how far to go, as long as the target AI has Not changed. When attacking a player, the 5 minute rule implies yes, but when an AI is being attacked you can cancel at any time as long as its still the same AI.

It has happened more that once that after launching an attack, someone gets to the AI before the attack lands, and at that very same moment your option to recall troops are removed. This is kinda stupid though as the new player village is mostly unprotected, so you end up capturing a player village instead of the intended AI village.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

LordAnowon wrote:What I have experienced is that you can cancel your attack no matter how long ago you launched or how far to go, as long as the target AI has Not changed. When attacking a player, the 5 minute rule implies yes, but when an AI is being attacked you can cancel at any time as long as its still the same AI.

It has happened more that once that after launching an attack, someone gets to the AI before the attack lands, and at that very same moment your option to recall troops are removed. This is kinda stupid though as the new player village is mostly unprotected, so you end up capturing a player village instead of the intended AI village.
That is clearly an oversight by Firefly when they designed the RotW world. I am sure they will fix this in the patch on Thursday as it blatantly obvious that a player should not unintentionally attack a player who has just taken a village - infact all player attacks to that village should automatically be cancelled.
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

yall boys need to sprout some minerals. might be the issue at hand.

that or the obvious, stop sending captains on grotesquely long trips and you wont see this as often. max your logistics and play a x5 single shot before trying to cross an ocean.

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”