mis use of alternate accounts

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Javerick2269

Re: mis use of alternate accounts

Post by Javerick2269 »

@Sharky I don't mind getting picked on - it is a game of war after all. Running with my tail between my legs doesn't stop the cheating - it will eventually find you. I would just like a fair challenge, I don't even mind getting hit by carders, it is a legal part of the game, it sucks but I understand those rules - its the people who need to cheat and really suck the challenge out of the game. This is happening in all the contested areas so that the alt accounts are swaying the fighting and eventually create a dead world.

I just can not understand a hollow victory - some people can really be that shallow and claim victory even though they did not earn it with the rules of fair play.

What really is interesting is that you have mentioned it happening on another world and gives me less hope that anything will ever change to reduce this type of game play

MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Javerick2269 wrote: What really is interesting is that you have mentioned it happening on another world and gives me less hope that anything will ever change to reduce this type of game play
Yes, it's happened on W9 in a big way and has caused many seasoned veterans of SHK to leave the game entirely . . . or at least take a long hiatus until such time as FF sees fit to fix these issues or open a world that is more balanced and fair.

EDIT And I don't understand the hollow victory either. :? And the worst part is that many of them stand around beating their chests while roaring with victory afterwards, as if they've done something really spectacular and clever. Shallow doesn't even begin to describe this lot. :roll:
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .

JaySharky

Post by JaySharky »

Javerick2269 wrote:@Sharky I don't mind getting picked on - it is a game of war after all. Running with my tail between my legs doesn't stop the cheating - it will eventually find you. I would just like a fair challenge, I don't even mind getting hit by carders, it is a legal part of the game, it sucks but I understand those rules - its the people who need to cheat and really suck the challenge out of the game. This is happening in all the contested areas so that the alt accounts are swaying the fighting and eventually create a dead world.

I just can not understand a hollow victory - some people can really be that shallow and claim victory even though they did not earn it with the rules of fair play.

What really is interesting is that you have mentioned it happening on another world and gives me less hope that anything will ever change to reduce this type of game play
I started on USA 2 on day 18. I felt like I've been behind people who started day 1 but I haven't experienced anything at all like what you have described. I've risen through the ranks at a good pace. I've been attacked by prince level players and players at higher levels than me but I've worked on my castles so they don't keep hitting me. It's to be expected, they are enemies after all.

I think the worlds dying has more to do with the fact that new worlds are being opened. When a new world opens it attracts a lot of players from other worlds and usually new players will flock to it as well. After Age 1 a world usually gets quiet and all the battles cease. World 1 is the only older world that has remained fairly active.

I only mention World 9 because that is a specially problematic world. I left World 9 long before the problem started but when I was there I could see it starting to develop. If you really can't have fun in a game then it's not worth playing. But at least with SHK you have different worlds to try. Euro 1 was a fairly balanced world and when Euro 2 opens I'll likely be there too.

Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Month or 2 ago this was nothing new for me and the faction I was in

H6/13 couldn't vote us out of the county seat so instead they spawned 10-30 alt accounts into our county sherrif's parishes then about 1-2 weeks later they all flipped his parishes at the SAME EXACT TIME... this happened 3-4 times every time we razed the players out (keep in mind none were above alderman) new ones would spawn... we had no idea knowing who was or wasn't an alt eventually we gave up trying hold the county seat because it kept happening

dsds212011

Post by dsds212011 »

it's not the opening of new worlds. People want new worlds to open up so they can start fresh. It is the cheating going on whether legal or not. The overpowered cards combined with lack of interest in preventing alt accounts has made this game more dead. The only reason it is still here is because it attracts a lot of new players who aren't aware and think they just got razed or didn't understand the game mechanics.

It's like the credit card companies fighting fraud. They always have to improve their methods to prevent new technology from cheating the system. It is the same with SHK. New technologies and new methods prop up but they don't improve their anti cheating ways or policies to adapt to the new realhity.

What's worse is that people have caught on to how easy it is to cheat and realized that if they don't, also cheat, they won't have a chance. So it forces people who normally don't cheat to cheat.

azhockeynut

Post by azhockeynut »

face it, there is ZERO reason a prince level player would have any of the first 5-6 levels as a vassal without knowing who that account belongs to, especially bumpkins! let along fill it with 500 troops and use it to attack, since those are highly in danger of no longer playing or going "poof" from not logging in.... no one should be at those low levels for more than a couple of days, especially with a PRINCE as your LL......seriously? would be VERY easy to write a DB script that checks the level of vassal compared to LL then length of time at that level, and amount of stored honor etc..... it may not be the same player (because of same IP issues) but it is likely the same group of players. This is easily going on in USA 2 and I am sure it is behavior that has carried over from other worlds. cheaters will always cheat and find a way around the "rules" if the coders are not going to block it someone will exploit it. It is sad that I have seen this behavior cause several active players to quit the game. There are more than enough advantages available with cards and spins etc that there is no need to cheat in this manner, yet quite a few do.
:(

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”