It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:22 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New players be Advised 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post New players be Advised
You think a new world is the place for you? Think again

W-3 has 1800 players and tons of charters to buy and room to grow (yes all counties are opened :P )

Its Age 4. What that means is your armies and scouts travel the same speed as a carders here on USA-2. It means you can kill a Pig castle (the same design as here on USA-2) for over 1,000,000 honor. Tell me you wont rank up in a hurry with a million honor by killing 1 pig castle :D

W-3 is mostly a farming world, not much in way of wars. If you want to get a feel for the game at a super fast speed, check it out 8-)

This has been a paid advertisement by Priest Guardian

_________________
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's


Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:13 am
Posts: 568
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
How in the world is a new player gonna kill a pig's castle?

_________________
Active on USA 2
Proud free player


Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
Guardian001 wrote:
How in the world is a new player gonna kill a pig's castle?


focus research on military/leadership/weapon production , that will be done in minutes. forget banqueting or castle(your not going to be attacked)

launch attack, easy !

after leadership is 500 troops (minutes) . assemble an army. maybe kill a couple wolves for 20 ,000 honor to rank the lower ranks quickly (peasants and archers will do). Then go for an AI castle :)

AWESOME! Viscount in 3 days and 5 villages

_________________
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's


Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:13 am
Posts: 568
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
Priest Guardian wrote:
focus research on military/leadership/weapon production , that will be done in minutes. forget banqueting or castle(your not going to be attacked)

launch attack, easy !

after leadership is 500 troops (minutes) . assemble an army. maybe kill a couple wolves for 20 ,000 honor to rank the lower ranks quickly (peasants and archers will do). Then go for an AI castle :)

AWESOME! Viscount in 3 days and 5 villages

Then it's not for a new player... its for an old player playing on a new server. A new player cannot possibly know what to research to rank up quickly. You say reseacrh military? even that takes a lot of convincing for a new player, as he is more likely to research scouts and farming first. And wolf lairs are huge in old worlds and new players can't possibly figure out what formation to attack them or even pig castles with.
Also you need troops Hp research as well to be effective against pigs.

_________________
Active on USA 2
Proud free player


Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:51 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 am
Posts: 259
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
rofl


hes leaving a horde of things out XD


like...you need to produce those weapons to build the army, as well as peasants to recruit, stuff to sell to earn gold to do the recruiting. which is extra fun when ya land in a "farmers" parish who doesnt clear disease or kill ai castles. plus in the fourth age you cannot even buy weapons... plus you have to produce the food to feed your large peasnt sized village, the wood and iron production to feed your weapon producers...capacity ti actually hold a few weapons at the minimum or you'll be sitting there waiting on a bow to produce and a peasnt to spawn all day.

as of course the military techs of pikemen/archer hp..likely want 'some' cat firing speed, army movement speed, army size, etc.

not exactly 5minutes after spawning mate.


that being said, it IS waaaay easier to advance on older worlds and learn the ropes of the game. being a newbie on a fresh newly opened world is generally just going to lead to hurt feelings and wasted efforts=p


Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
Unknownhost wrote:
rofl


hes leaving a horde of things out XD


like...you need to produce those weapons to build the army, as well as peasants to recruit, stuff to sell to earn gold to do the recruiting. which is extra fun when ya land in a "farmers" parish who doesnt clear disease or kill ai castles. plus in the fourth age you cannot even buy weapons... plus you have to produce the food to feed your large peasnt sized village, the wood and iron production to feed your weapon producers...capacity ti actually hold a few weapons at the minimum or you'll be sitting there waiting on a bow to produce and a peasnt to spawn all day.

as of course the military techs of pikemen/archer hp..likely want 'some' cat firing speed, army movement speed, army size, etc.

not exactly 5minutes after spawning mate.



that being said, it IS waaaay easier to advance on older worlds and learn the ropes of the game. being a newbie on a fresh newly opened world is generally just going to lead to hurt feelings and wasted efforts=p


Yet all these conditions you speak of are conditions that exist here on a new world as well. You are only pointing out the unescapable truth of a new players challenges on any world. I am pointing out actual benefits that a new player cannot get from starting on a new world in which they will benefit from an older one in Age 4

_________________
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's


Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 am
Posts: 259
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
you tried to make it sound like any joe newbie without a clue can spawn and start taking out pigs castles 5 minutes after they appear on the map. come on now=p


i pointed out its alot harder than you implied, and ended my statement with an honorable mention about new worlds being harder for new players. though i didnt stoop to explain why... but we knows...we knows... :lol:


also,on old worlds, keep sitting there without a castle on any of them and let other players watch seige camps return from a large sized village. good luck with that. :roll:


Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:07 pm
Posts: 115
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
Unknownhost wrote:
also,on old worlds, keep sitting there without a castle on any of them and let other players watch seige camps return from a large sized village. good luck with that. :roll:


I think the idea is that it isn't a large sized village, as you have no castle and just use population to replace your troops and build weapons


Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:30 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
Not to disagree with the first few statements of this thread, but ...

It is true you will rank up very quickly in the later [Age's] 3 and 4 mostly, not just Age-4 but....

I don't think that it is really the place for a new player .

Why?

Because a new player for one will be lost, confused and more frustrated at the newr Age-4 rule set.

You didn't mention the rule set or provide even a link here so players can see the new rule set OR inform players of how the game works ...

To all new players reading this, Please read the official wiki on SHK Age rule sets particularly the [leader board] section and player placing

http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/inde ... eaderboard

Realize the head start most players in a World-Server into Age-4 have, most players there will have MAX researchs and MAX villages,

These are the things to consider and if a server is even worth the TONS of time a player goes through building.

Not to say you won't find help on a later server, im just saying your chances of ever seeing REAL Fame or a place in ANY of the top 100 spots on the leader board is NULL and VOID ...

If you don't care about Fame or actually playing for points, and just like a great start and more than enough research skill points and to just unlock quests in the game, by all means play a Age-4 world, BUT BEWARE, the AI attacks are non-stop, extremely Crusader styled , if your familiar with the actual StrongHold series .. and i mean close to the HD-Extreame version , than this would be a AGE for you!

Hope this helps.


Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:57 pm
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: New players be Advised
the older worlds aren't for new players imo either.

sure u can rank up fast, but you'll be a prince with the research of page, because research still goes at the same old rate.

this spells doom/frustration for a new player, because the strength of ai attacks are based on your rank. not to mention most ai castles that spawn will be wolf castles in older worlds.

being a prince with the research of a page and getting hammered by buffed up ai can't be fun.


Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.