Deke's general disapointment with USA-2

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
FC_Groningen

Re: Deke's general disapointment with USA-2

Post by FC_Groningen »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:The context was the environment in Wyoming at the opening of USA-2, not the current state of affairs.

I have no desire for you to take me seriously, frivolously, or whatever emotive you choose. Should you see my post as a complaint, I absolve you of any responsibility to placate me.

There are several subcultures in SHK. And there are some forum posters that will recognize me, my early motivations on USA-2, and my documentation at the opening days. These players were the audience for my original post.

- Deke
That's the problem. The forum means 0 as less than 1% of the active players ever post something here. With your selected few friends, you'll never get somewhere on a new world. Veterans that fought for world domination in groups of 100's and spend money on a regular base matter instead.

DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

FC_Groningen wrote:
DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:The context was the environment in Wyoming at the opening of USA-2, not the current state of affairs.

I have no desire for you to take me seriously, frivolously, or whatever emotive you choose. Should you see my post as a complaint, I absolve you of any responsibility to placate me.

There are several subcultures in SHK. And there are some forum posters that will recognize me, my early motivations on USA-2, and my documentation at the opening days. These players were the audience for my original post.

- Deke
That's the problem. The forum means 0 as less than 1% of the active players ever post something here. With your selected few friends, you'll never get somewhere on a new world. Veterans that fought for world domination in groups of 100's and spend money on a regular base matter instead.
Oddly enough, I interpret your comment above as agreement with my disappointment that I could not work with the players that spawned in Northeast WY during the first week of USA-2 to form a cohesive group, and that coalitions of players that met on other servers arrived with an agenda that was formulated before the USA-2 server launched.

Deke

FC_Groningen

Post by FC_Groningen »

I'm not disappointed. Just pointed out that things don't work like you imagined. It's quite naive to think you stand a chance like that; I tried something similar on older worlds too and actually managed a group together. However, even if you succeed, random strangers that happen to be around you always lose to organised groups that card even back in the days of world 3.

DekeYoungAtlanta

FC_Groningen wrote:I'm not disappointed. Just pointed out that things don't work like you imagined. It's quite naive to think you stand a chance like that; I tried something similar on older worlds too and actually managed a group together. However, even if you succeed, random strangers that happen to be around you always lose to organised groups that card even back in the days of world 3.
I had low expectations at the start of USA-2 based on my experiences in the Launches of UK-7, UK-8, USA-1 and EU-1. I viewed it as more of an experiment or as a challenge.

- Deke

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I actually think we could have had a decent faction but we made a mistake and held a county and for that we where attacked, we made a mistake and joined a house and we got dragged into war straight of the bat, I had full intentions of sticking it out but we where surrounded by people who wanted to cause problems from day 1

It was looking good initially but then it all went pear shaped, well done Deke for sticking it out.

Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

meatball2k wrote:I actually think we could have had a decent faction but we made a mistake and held a county and for that we where attacked, we made a mistake and joined a house and we got dragged into war straight of the bat, I had full intentions of sticking it out but we where surrounded by people who wanted to cause problems from day 1

It was looking good initially but then it all went pear shaped, well done Deke for sticking it out.
This scenario seems to play out for you on every server meatball
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Priest Guardian wrote:
meatball2k wrote:I actually think we could have had a decent faction but we made a mistake and held a county and for that we where attacked, we made a mistake and joined a house and we got dragged into war straight of the bat, I had full intentions of sticking it out but we where surrounded by people who wanted to cause problems from day 1

This scenario seems to play out for you on every server meatball
Yeah mate your right, its the same shi* different server. I have played Europe from day 1 and that's by far the best server and most competitive server going, I always hope that servers will play out like that but they never do, but if your happy on your semi active server razing semi active, mainly inexperienced players then good luck with that, if you ever want to give yourself a challenge then pop over into Europe, that's where all the big boys play (I am not saying I am main player on that world I am but a tadpole) If you think you have what it takes then really you should be over there but I know you will stick around in the shi* inactive world, farming your days away getting excited when you have 20 villages in 1 parish and killing the odd new player that makes a bad decision.

DekeYoungAtlanta

Day 90 vs. Day 100

I was planning to wait for day 100, but might have time this Holiday weekend to go through all those in game messages I sent in the first week of the server to check to see if these players are still in the game and still in Wyoming.

DekeYoungAtlanta

I spent some time over the weekend checking on parish stewards from day 7 in Northeast Wyoming. The results were disappointing.

Similar to Magic the Gathering and World of Warcraft, my perception is that SHK has lost it's "new player edge."

I am winding down my participation in USA-2 as the server is just not that interesting compared to the early days of USA-1.

- Deke

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

If at 1st you don't succeed try try again....euro2

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”