USA 2- War & Diplomacy Thread

This USA World 2 forum has been closed following the world closure.
pug of crydee

Re: USA 2- War & Diplomacy Thread

Post by pug of crydee » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:40 am

h19 are up and running and are at war with no one but are allied with a few houses and i wouldnt say h6 and h7 are at war its just synergy trying to take over south montana with his one village

meatball2k

Post by meatball2k » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:49 pm

JayJayCashFlow wrote:Some people don't want to farm for 50 days.
Like I said though Jay Jay whoever doesnt want a longer peace timer can break there peace time which then leaves the hardcore warriors to kill each other on day 10 and the farmers like myself can relax. I know people like to kill and pillage farmers earyly on but I think it just annoys people to the point of just quitting and this game needs players to thrive and farmers usually do well later on in worlds.

breathnach

Post by breathnach » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:29 am

people starting wars and they hardly have wood and stone never mind faith points and armies to kill each other LOL aaahh its fun. *kills neaby enemy with peasants*

Azrile

Post by Azrile » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:15 pm

why would you not start a war as soon as you had an advantage? give your opponent time to catch up? That is the entire point of war games, you get an advantage and as soon as you do, you exploit it. If you want some artificial rule to prevent wars until you want them, then why have any build phase at all. just give everyone full cities and armies at the start.

This game NEEDS more unpredictable behavior. Players SHOULD be punished if they spend the first 2 weeks not preparing to be attacked. Otherwise we are all going to be playing off some spreadsheet that tells us exactly how to play the first few weeks.

Guardian001

Post by Guardian001 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Azrile wrote:why would you not start a war as soon as you had an advantage? give your opponent time to catch up? That is the entire point of war games, you get an advantage and as soon as you do, you exploit it. If you want some artificial rule to prevent wars until you want them, then why have any build phase at all. just give everyone full cities and armies at the start.

This game NEEDS more unpredictable behavior. Players SHOULD be punished if they spend the first 2 weeks not preparing to be attacked. Otherwise we are all going to be playing off some spreadsheet that tells us exactly how to play the first few weeks.
There is no fun is beating an opponent who can't fight back. Also if heavy carders just start wars early on and crush whoever they feel like, others will all rage quit as they won't be able to fight back. So after a month, all you get is an empty dead world perfect for farming. So instead of that, if wars are waged when both sides are ready, the war will not only be evenly matched, but it will also take a long time and the fun will last a long time. Also the joy of defeating an evenly matched opponent is incomparable to the small satisfaction heavy carders get by squashing wooden castles early on.
Active on USA 2
Proud free player

Azrile

Post by Azrile » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:46 am

and again, if you want an even fight, then why do we have a build phase at all? Why are you not recommending that everyone start with a complete castle?

Also, some common sense. At this point, any map you throw up you know where the heavy carders are going to spawn.. if you are a f2p player... don´t start near them. It doesn´t matter if you delay war for 2 weeks or whatever, if you spawn near a heavy carder now your gameplay is going to suck and you will get rolled as soon as some arbitrary peace phase ends.

This game would suck if there was a time limit on when you could attack someone because then everyone would just build exactly the same way, exactly the way some spreadsheet tells you to build... and in the end, carders are always going to win early, whether it is 2 weeks or 2 months.

Guardian001

Post by Guardian001 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:09 am

Azrile wrote:and again, if you want an even fight, then why do we have a build phase at all? Why are you not recommending that everyone start with a complete castle?
This a strategy game, if you don't know when to build and when to fight, then i'm afraid you are a poor strategist who is just a pawn of other players and follows their lead. This is not a deathmatch where we start with everything complete.
Azrile wrote: Also, some common sense. At this point, any map you throw up you know where the heavy carders are going to spawn.. if you are a f2p player... don´t start near them. It doesn´t matter if you delay war for 2 weeks or whatever, if you spawn near a heavy carder now your gameplay is going to suck and you will get rolled as soon as some arbitrary peace phase ends.
Why shouldn't a f2p player start near heavy carders? He could jolly well befriend him and get even more advantages than a small paying player. The main goal is to be on good terms with them and this where diplomacy comes into play.
Azrile wrote: This game would suck if there was a time limit on when you could attack someone because then everyone would just build exactly the same way, exactly the way some spreadsheet tells you to build... and in the end, carders are always going to win early, whether it is 2 weeks or 2 months.
There is already a build phase/peacetime of 3-5 days ;)
The people who dominate and win first glory round don't always manage to win the first age according to my personal experience. Teamwork and skills are far superior later on than heavy carding.
Active on USA 2
Proud free player

Azrile

Post by Azrile » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:55 pm

wooosh.. you totally missed my point. What you guys are asking for is essentially a death-match. You want to have time until everyone has strong castles. It is boring.

The more dynamic gameplay style is that you have to build and at the same time prepare to be attacked. If you want to go full build, then you risk being routed early. As soon as you implement some silly 30 day rule, then there is no decision making.. everyone will do exactly the same thing.

As far as spawning with heavy carders.. I was responding to the person who said that you get wiped out right away. You are correct, there are TWO solutions to this.. Mine - don´t spawn near where you know heavy spawners are going to spawn. Yours - befriend them. Either solution works WITHOUT needing an artificial timer at 30 days.

I don´t want a deathmatch where the game starts after 30 days with everyone being nearly equal.

Guardian001

Post by Guardian001 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Azrile wrote:wooosh.. you totally missed my point. What you guys are asking for is essentially a death-match. You want to have time until everyone has strong castles. It is boring.
I have already made my comments in a previous post regarding early attacking.... if you did not follow, here it is again... only cowards with fat wallets and no skills attack early on because that's the only time they will get in defeating organised and skillful players. You say building is boring? Then attacking and killing your enemies early on will force them to quit and you will have nothing left to do other than farm later.
If you could wait while the enemy is almost as good as you, then defeating them will take longer and you will not get a dull moment in the game even after a year, also not to mention the satisfaction gained by defeating an army over a long period.
Azrile wrote:The more dynamic gameplay style is that you have to build and at the same time prepare to be attacked. If you want to go full build, then you risk being routed early. As soon as you implement some silly 30 day rule, then there is no decision making.. everyone will do exactly the same thing
It's upto players to decide if they want to break that peacetime just like with their villages. If you want war, you can attack and break your peacetime. But those who don't want war early on and stay safe behind their peace time.
Azrile wrote: I don´t want a deathmatch where the game starts after 30 days with everyone being nearly equal.
Sounds like you are the kind of players who spends a ton early on, crushes enemies early on and ultimately makes the server dead.
Active on USA 2
Proud free player

Azrile

Post by Azrile » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:24 am

not at all. I made two purchases a long time ago and have been living on my 2 cards per day ever since.

I understand your point of view, it sucks to get whacked early by someone who bought their way. But there are things you can do to avoid that, mainly be nice to them or better, start away from them. But your solution does more harm than good because it takes away any adventure early in a new world. Everyone will just log in and farm, with no sense of risk/reward for ignoring defenses. And if you take away any chance of being attacked for 30 days, then really smart math people are just going to figure out the exact best way to build during those 30 days, it will posted on a website, and soon everyone will be doing it... of course the carders will be doing it much better, which just gets back to where we are now, except they will destroy you on day 31 rather than day 7.

so let´s change the subject... what actually is happening on USA2.. Is anyone actually at war or even being competitive outside their little space?

Return to “USA World 2 Lounge (Closed)”