House 7?

World 9 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
omar1994

House 7?

Post by omar1994 »

So,

H7 grouped made up of a few players from H14 and a few other random players decide to pick a fight with H10. Fair play on them for trying to take us on but I have to ask what's the point in wasting all their FP on monking counties? They do realise for every monk they send, we can send 50 and it won't effect us in anyway? Some of their guys might have 1million + FP but what's their plan after they waste it all on monking and ID? Everything they take from us, we will just take back eventually so I suggest they come up with a better plan if they are trying to hurt us!

If they are aiming to troll us, I suggest they send Milady, Lord T and Dino a mail, I hear they are good at it and may be able to help them with some tips :)

Anyway, good luck.

Omar
''Don't sacrifice your peace trying to point out someone's true colours. Lack of character always reveals itself in the end.'' -Mandy Hale

Re: House 7?

Post by 220897 »

http://prntscr.com/dbs74l
http://prntscr.com/dbs7ea
http://prntscr.com/dbs8sj
http://prntscr.com/dbssm9

this is all stuff i have been sent in the last 30 mins, it looks like there doing a good enough job omar

and ive had alot of caps and razes so far :)
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

omar1994 wrote:Everything they take from us, we will just take back eventually
Not exactly true.

You see H-10 has as many inactives/semi-actives as the combined enemy. Its actually a fairly equal fight imo

I would focus a 'scorched earth' campaign, raze everything flying the color approach. Then you get to see who is actually up for such a confrontation and not just riding a tailcoat

All of a sudden the map is no longer so much black and getting back those players will be hard

UNLESS! the enemy shows mercy (good grief) and stops the bloodshed :roll:

I say we all fight to the death , total control , kill the server , One House rules ALL , etc...etc until only the victors remain 8-)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Priest Guardian wrote:

I say we all fight to the death , total control , kill the server , One House rules ALL , etc...etc until only the victors remain 8-)

I agree! Fight to the Death! Kill or be killed! And as my first act of fight to the death I will be attacking PG! lol

tbh I hope that's what happens final age. Sheer pandemonium and we all just kill eachother. * politics, * everything, kill everything that's not the same color as you. I mean, once we reach final age game's pretty much over anyway may as well murder eachother till one house ends the world
LordBonez

Post by LordBonez »

Well, I don't usually post on this, but as HM of H7, I think its my place to answer Omar.

What are we trying to do. Well, that is easy to answer.

We are bored, we want to fight, we don't care what we fight for. Holding a county to us, is fun, defending it, monking it, trooping it, its all about the gaqme.

We love this game, and farming to us is boring, so I pushed and I prodded and finally, H10 pushed back, and as I am a man of my word. I declared war on them.

TickTack "NickNack PaddyWack" Coboy challenged me to a fight and h10 said no. I had my fun bantering back and forth and enjoying that aspect of the game, but when the kid lied to me over a simple piece of game mechanics...I got upset and at the same time they wanted me to Remove Hughesthedaddy from my faction and I said "No". I asked them nicely to allow hughes to stay in my faction and remain peaceful. I was aware of some things Hughes did and said, which I totally disagree with, but Hughes expressed that he was in the same boat as me, bored, and wanting to play, so he attacked h10 alone, and was declared "troll"

Some of the tactics he used I totally disagree with, some were not meant to hurt, only to have fun. I explained to him the terms and he agreed, so I tried to used a little influence over the group I once HMed. Unfortunately, I misjudged that influence, and was left with 2 choices.

Remove Hughes, or fight. And here we are.

So, we are having fun, and thats it.

Who knows what the future will bring, but hopefully other houses will start to fight back for the fun of the game.

If you want to get in on this fun, just send me a mail. Good Luck to all my friends in H10, especially Mr Squashem :lol:
Grandy

Post by Grandy »

House 7 is the result of boredom and sharp/conflicting personalities - to be honest, reading Bonez's post I am just sat here nodding and acknowledging - it's not surprising to me. Looks like H7 seems to be around the same size the Hammers were in Age 1 actually.
Priest Guardian wrote:I say we all fight to the death , total control , kill the server , One House rules ALL , etc...etc until only the victors remain 8-)
Rhetoric like this makes me wonder if you're masochistic.. to be honest anyone playing this game is to some degree, but this takes the bacon.

For me, you either farm or play to win.. but regardless, you should always strive to keep the moral high ground as it's simply better for everyone. People play games for a number of reasons - some treat it as an idle distraction, take pride in what they've produced, while others enjoy the fight, the challenge that comes with doing something efficiently and effectively regardless of the odds. Going towards a single dominating house keeps farmers in check while effectively shunting their potential for game variety - changing house warfare into troll warfare. Lucky for you, the Hammers weren't trolls in Age 1.

It would have been so easy for the Hammers to become a troll/scorching group - we felt that the political landscape had been so rigged against us that we were being shown the door; we could have left, or gone down while trying to drag everything around us down as we went, but instead we simply roamed as we waited for our next opportunity (upgrading parishes as we went, I might add). It's like we were the travelling circus - giving people a small taste of the fight - such sheer amount of mails we got from people even just spectating the action, like a dog drooling while watching his master eat at the table.. while admittedly it was a little gratifying, it was also sad, as it showed the true extent of the suppressed climate on the map.

If there's one thing I think I learnt during that time of roaming, is that in the end, everyone wants to fight. Very very few enjoy the daily grind enough that they wish for nothing more. Having a global, dominating house prevents proper wars from occurring; it negates an entire, enjoyable, aspect of the game. Instead, you're left with disgruntled and bored players, some of whom will never truly play anywhere near the full extent of the game while the regime stands.

I've gone a bit off topic (viva la revolution!), so I'll try to bring it back around. Scorching is spiteful, the loss of time and energy all around. It gives a false sense of purpose and of progress that is unhealthy, for players and the map. If you believe that you have to scorch parishes in order to either a) make a point, b) get an 'edge' in a conflict, or c) have fun - you have WAAAY bigger problems than you think, whether tactically or mentally.
The Hammers were in a perfect place to use the "scorching is our only option now" card in Age 1 and yet we survived, coming back around to win Age 3, having kept our morals on that. We fought wars - multiple of them and had an amazing time, we acted as a house, not under a dictatorship, and we kept it above the belt. That road is far thinner and longer than the one that leads to stagnation through domination, but at least the game remains playable.

TL;DR
  • Being dominating is self-defeating - it is better to rule as the few being respected by the many, than the many who are either pigs, or slaves to pigs.. it is healthier and more interesting on the whole.
  • Scorching is spiteful and is not worth dirtying yourself or your house with
  • PG is terrible at being Canadian :p
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

@Grandy, I believe PG is probably descended from the Hessians, who were sent to Nova Scotia . . . hired to fight against the Americans in the 18th century. They were described in the Declaration of Independence as “foreign Mercenaries” imported to complete Britain’s work of “death, desolation and tyranny.” This seems to fit PG quite well. Though I must point out that the Hessians weren't particularly known as being deceitful, as PG is, or to use monks to do their work for them because they lacked decent/necessary fighting skills . . .
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Icarus Fall

Post by Icarus Fall »

The problem we currently have on the server is that most people are not willing to have a good fair fight. It is not motivating to fight trolls/small forces.

Throughout this age we have "actively" tried to stimulate gameplay and balance. We did this as the glory-leading house, which in my experience has no precedent in any age or world I have played.

Our initiatives/proposals were repeatedly dodged. In the process, 2 major, balanced and opposing (in the cold-war sense of it) forces were created. We were hoping this would finally result in a good server-wide war. Again we were dodged. Instead we have been continuously targeted by trolls and now a small force in H7. Many of the tactics being used are scorched land type. The rhetoric in threads and whatnot is awful. This is not the gameplay or environment anyone looks for.

While we are continuously defending from these repeated skirmishes, people on the other side (some of which are passively supporting them), sit, farm and relax. This is starting to look as a premeditated strategy to wear us down and is definitely not ethical nor fair.

Nonetheless, not all is bad. This age has been filled with "action" and the world is very much alive - something that we can also see in our record-breaking forum. Still, due to the drama, type of warfare and lack of war ethics many people have quit or no longer care for the W9. This is a negative aspect of the trollish environment we are currently experiencing.

As an example, PG recently spawn in Kerry, took 2 parishes and gave his word that would support the local H10 sheriff. Today he has monked the seat. An inconsequential act, but still, dishonorable and low. We cannot trust the word of these players and this is indeed sad.
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

LordBonez wrote: We are bored, we want to fight, we don't care what we fight for. Holding a county to us, is fun, defending it, monking it, trooping it, its all
they wanted me to Remove Hughesthedaddy from my faction and I said "No". I asked them nicely to allow hughes to stay in my faction and remain peaceful. I was aware of some things Hughes did and said, which I totally disagree with, but Hughes expressed that he was in the same boat as me, bored, and wanting to play, so he attacked h10 alone, and was declared "troll"

Hughest has surprise attacked us 3 times. I didn't realize you could be 'bored' then rejoin a house, then be 'bored' and do it again and again.

If this is the logic you guys wanna run on. I'm feeling pretty 'bored' right now. Guess I better drop and start 6Xing razes at H14, then rejoin H10 when they start attacking me. Is that the kinda logic we wanna run on?

Icarus Fall wrote:
As an example, PG recently spawn in Kerry, took 2 parishes and gave his word that would support the local H10 sheriff. Today he has monked the seat. An inconsequential act, but still, dishonorable and low. We cannot trust the word of these players and this is indeed sad.

And yeah, really has Icarus. Shown us PG's word means less then the pixels they are on. I was totally for removing him because I knew this would happen he never keeps his word, just look at age 2. Would not be surprised next time he says something we just laugh in his face and continue razing him. Can't trust a player like this to ever stay by their word.
Last edited by Bglizard on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

EDIT: Whoops a double post.

Return to “World 9 Lounge (Closed)”