H10 Stance on H14v18

World 9 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Bglizard

Re: H10 Stance on H14v18

Post by Bglizard »

Priest Guardian wrote:
omar1994 wrote: However, when it comes to fighting, from looking at the list of your players in your house and from seeing them fight, I think I am right in saying I'm better then 2/3 of them :lol:
Pillage Top 20 players H-14 = 7 / H-10 = 1

Ransacks Top 25 players H-14 = 6 / H-10 = 2

Captures Top 20 players H-14 = 7 / H-10 = 4

Raze Top 25 players H-14 = 6 / H-10 = 6

Who is the fighting house ?? Believe what you will ;)
Well, when you selectively pick what number you count to PG, of course you would choose the number that suits you lol. "Hmm top 20 captures? Who's 21-25? http://prntscr.com/cwwxv1 Ahh, 2 H10's and 1 ALMOST at 25. If he did 2 more captures. We'd have same number of captures as 14.

"Jee, who's 21-25 for razes" http://prntscr.com/cwwy6e 3 H14 members, and 1 ALMOST there. No wonder you wouldn't pick a standard number to count by. You only do numbers that make 14 look good. So allow me to do exactly what you did and see how it changes the results

Pillage Top 25 players H-14 = 7 / H-10 = 1 I know a couple of inactives, I could easily just pillage them and get on this 'exclusive' top 25 leaderboard but no real reason for me to.

Ransacks Top 20 players H-14 = 4 / H-10 = 3* poor digi, forever forgotten

Captures Top 25 players H-14 = 7 / H-10 = 6

Raze Top 20 players H-14 = 4 / H-10 = 6

I followed same format priest did. 2 ranks that are top 25, 2 ranks that are top 20. Look how much closer the results are now.

Also notice, SS faction has taken part in far less wars than Berserkers have. For past 2 ages SS has been a part of 2 wars in age 3 (which barely lasted a week combined), and 2 wars this age (barely lasted a week combined as well). So its natural that if you look at the H10 on the leaderboard, it's really only Berserkers. Whereas H14 fought same amount as berserkers last age, and the H1 that merged with 14 were all part of age 1, 2 whom fought much more, and longer wars.

Post by 220897 »

im am so lonely (lonely) mr lonely, i have no body, all by myselffffff
Icarus Fall

Post by Icarus Fall »

lol debating rankings on forums - good stuff
we all know that their meaning is limited and people often hand pick the most favorable numbers/analysis while posturing on the forums.
I still wonder though, how many of 14's razes and captures are from surprise attacks. there should be a stat for that :geek:
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Stats and rankings are often misleading and taken out of context. To me, they signify very little. I never gauge a player based solely on his rankings. I prefer to base it on seeing their attack reports and judge his capability/skill that way.

I am #2 in Conqueror . . . I was #1 for a very long time, until Mandrake made it his goal to surpass me. I don't think he realised what little stock I put in such things. Many of my captures (I would even venture to say the vast majority) were friendly ones or on inactive players' castles while I went rogue in Age 1. Others were simply taken to remove and inactive player in one of our counties. I would cap, dismantle and sell off the village, rather than simply pillage it, and then have it razed. No great feats there and unworthy of any pat on the back, I assure you.

Dino121 (I believe) took that #1 spot recently on W9. But then, I was watching in Powys while Dino and CoolZack were handing villages back and forth for some kind of gold-raising/selling spree they were on. I don't think the intention was to pad their stats, but it certainly didn't hurt their standings any . . . Mandrake and Clico similarly sat in a northern parish in Caithness (wihtout the selling/gold-raising aspect in play), capping and recapping each other in a circle. It tickled me as I found it an amusing way to "get to the top of the leaderboards". I also saw them send a cap and then a raze from the same village so they got credit for both the cap AND the raze. I even tested that out myself to see if it was possible . . . . and it was. I believe I sent the reports to a few players because I had been skeptical that it could be done.

Anyway, it doesn't matter who is at the top now .. . . it may be an entirely different set of players by the time this world comes to an end, as some of the people at the top will undoubtedly leave and other players may return.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

My only point to all this is for H-10 to not be so smug about thinking they are all that and safe

Age 4 will be rich with war, as long as there are players to back up their fabulous forum claims 8-) (that goes both ways of course)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

Post by 220897 »

gotta love tokhaar

Return to “World 9 Lounge (Closed)”