The Day W9 Died?

World 9 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Priest Guardian

Re: The Day W9 Died?

Post by Priest Guardian »

magicmoose wrote:Growth rate wouldn't be affected by the world since player joining wouldn't have a clue as to what the world held. If there was some way to measure actual retention that statistic would be much more indicative of the life blood of a game. Retention would be hard to calculate since its hard to pin point when a player goes inactive. Perhaps its not even a fair stat since you could start looking at hours logged and numerous other factors.
I am not sure that is entirely true

You see the community generally bounces around servers when they see something new or may have failed(in their eyes) at what they wanted to achieve. Its obvious that the war took its toll on players. Many left for USA-2 which became a dismal disappointment for most with its closed map and low population

Others on servers come looking for something new by word from friends or return who may of been here before

While , yes some stumble upon W-9 because they never played the game before and happen upon it
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

I hate that I'm beginning to sound like a pessimistic person on these forums . . . which I'm generally not. I'm usually the one who says, “Chin up, it will get better. Hang in there!” when things get tough. But I'm trying to be realistic here. I saw this very thing happen on USA1 (although not so early on in Age 1) and I can tell you that it turned into a virtual ghost town where there was nothing fun, exciting or interesting happening there for months on end. Life is usually measured by its quality, not its quantity. You may have the numbers, but the quality of life on W9 is extremely poor, at best, which will cause more to leave from sheer boredom. I know it isn't really life . . . it's a game, after all . . . but Priest Guardian used that metaphor and so I'm going with it.

I don't know how you could possibly view having 1,000+ players come into the barren wasteland that W9 has become as encouraging. If the increase in numbers are new players to Stronghold, they won't have the opportunity to grow, strengthen or gain enough experience in the game to make any kind of difference in Age 1 . . . unless, of course, they happen to be uber carders with huge bankrolls who learn amazingly fast. It's going to be difficult for new people to learn the game properly if the first world they experience is a dead one? Of course, one could always hope they were an influx of seasoned players from other worlds who've landed here for the sole purpose of saving us all from A Land of Eternal Farmville. Wouldn't that be nice? (See? I told you I had an optimistic side! Lol)

I'm with Grandy . . . I don't find Age 2 all that fun to play. And I doubt you'll find any of the exalted leaders, who've made such a mess out of this map, in Age 2 either. They never seem to stick around for the second age. Apparently, they think it's crap too . . . or perhaps their cards just aren't as useful there.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

You are wrong about that magicmoose when major players get bored and quit the game they get replaced by someone else. Pretty much what I did I left world 1 at end of age 1 came back middle of age 3, my old friend firefox who was even king for a while and was my first liege lord in the game actually became my vassal then he quit the game and I took his place.
Priest Guardian

Well it has been brought up once already about age 2 on W-9 and the direction players may want to take (from within H-1)

I will be making my interest known to H-1 that I want 'Nothing' to do with Ireland (as far as capture/conquor). Nor will I be apart of it.

I am quite happy to stay in Scotland and let other houses determine Irelands outcome for age 2. Then if the 2 countries clash for battle....bring it on.

If H-1 is not willing to keep its hands off Ireland for age 2, I will seriously consider dropping H-1, moving to Ireland and helping it to become Independant

signed Priest Guardian

edit: made my intentions known to Defender (teammate and house marshal of H-1). If all goes as intended a Teamspeak meeting will take place on last glory round to determine direction into age 2. I stand behind my claims, if all goes as planned Ireland will be an Independant and free to decide its own fate in the second age (if nothing more than to have a epic battle at the end of the age)
Grandy

Post by Grandy »

You're concerned with Ireland being independent..? A weeeee bit late for that don't you think?
Priest Guardian

Grandy wrote:You're concerned with Ireland being independent..? A weeeee bit late for that don't you think?
Not at all bit late.

They lost the first age. No reason they sould not have a chance at the second age

Defender and I seem to be on the same page for direction into the second age
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Why would Defender care one way or the other about what happens on W9 after Age 1 is over? Do you honestly think he and his crew are going to stick around and be major players in the second age???
Priest Guardian

MiladySkye wrote:Why would Defender care one way or the other about what happens on W9 after Age 1 is over? Do you honestly think he and his crew are going to stick around and be major players in the second age???
O.K . So you imply Defender will not be around for age 2 after his victory in age 1

Fair enough, but I will be here and not as House Marshal

So with such a change to leadership as you might try to imply. Would come change to the landscape, that sounds like optimism. But either way (yours or mine) change will come
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Inasmuch as I don't intend to be here for the second age . . . I believe I've already mentioned that I do not enjoy Age 2 . . . any change of leadership is completely immaterial to me, which is why I don't make plans for what may or may not happen then. Besides that, Age 2 is months away. How boring will those months be?
Priest Guardian

MiladySkye wrote: Besides that, Age 2 is months away. How boring will those months be?
I know, it could be boring for a player like you at the Crown Princess rank with 20 villages maxed out. But others will find the peace time useful to build/rank up :P

Return to “World 9 Lounge (Closed)”