H10 Declaration of war to H9

World 9 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
MiladySkye

Re: H10 Declaration of war to H9

Post by MiladySkye »

220897 wrote:i remember getting told that MLS said the rules of engagement had changed a week or 2 into the war and that destroying parishes was now a tactic to be used, i we know I fall sent yuhanna into down and antrim to destroy our parishes too slow us down, i guess ill quote BG about the pot calling the kettle black..
I am H1, but you can hold us accountable for other houses if you like. Thank you for clarifying. Not a word from H9 players about H1 deleting.

NOT ONE WORD.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Icarus Fall

Post by Icarus Fall »

No one sent youhanna to antrim to delete stuff. In fact, my opinion was that sending anyone to actually flip Antrim was rather pointless, or at least not as effective as other areas. Again, exactly because deleting seats was never part of our intentions.

What I said in a message we provided to Andy, is that we needed to be upfront about this and shouldn't be upset about youhanna deleting stuff since he is known to do this. I don't think he does this maliciously, he just sees it as a legitimate war tactic. This is not something we necessarily support, certainly not something we encourage nor direct people to do. by the contrary, we asked people NOT to do it.

However, the fact of the matter is that H9 set precedent for deleting seats. This started long time ago with the trolls were sent to us during the most part of Age 4. Trolls that either now in H9 or clearly associated with the house. Certainly youhanna wasn't the first to delete this war. Again H9 players started and set precedent for it.

The question for us internally is what to do with our own players doing it, like youhanna. Should we penalize them for doing something the enemy has done for the longest time? In my personal opinion, no. However, I am and would be willing to follow the decision of the group on this. Again is extremely difficult for us to agree upon and set a standard that goes against precedents set by the enemy. Its nearly impossible for us to keep our own players from deleting when H9 is systematically deleting counties from us. North and South Wales, Lanark, Donegal, etc etc. and more to follow.

If you really want to talk about ethics, perhaps you should ask why someone in your house was deleting our stuff during a ceasefire called by you guys to honor one of your own. This incident shows how low H9 is willing to go.
Last edited by Icarus Fall on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Icarus Fall

Post by Icarus Fall »

Having said this, I hope we stop with the drama and can have a mature and objective discussion about the issue of deleting seats. which is worth having.

Personally is not something I would do. It is not something skillful nor something it challenges me in game or that otherwise i would derive entertainment from. On the other hand is something that can have great impact which explains why people get very upset about it. but this is also the reason most people do it, with intention of causing grief.

Because is so easy to do and can have great game impact, I think this boils down to a flaw in game design [which has been somewhat "fixed" in new worlds].

I would be more than happy to set, follow and apply a ruleset that discourages people from deleting seats. However, its nearly impossible to do this from one side alone, while the other doesnt care about it. There needs to be a server-wide commitment against this practice, otherwise is pointless.
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Agree with Icarus 100% of the way.

I never claimed we weren't deleting *, I just said to get off your high horse your house is just as * if not worse, but again that's going back to the argument of "who wants to be the shiniest turd of this war".

Do we want to start a bet pool? How much do we want to bet when this war is over if H9 loses half their members drop and troll us till end of this world and delete *.

Silver lining to H9 wanting to go to the death is when they lose they won't have faith to troll us.
TokHaar

Post by TokHaar »

MiladySkye wrote:
220897 wrote:i remember getting told that MLS said the rules of engagement had changed a week or 2 into the war and that destroying parishes was now a tactic to be used, i we know I fall sent yuhanna into down and antrim to destroy our parishes too slow us down, i guess ill quote BG about the pot calling the kettle black..
I am H1, but you can hold us accountable for other houses if you like. Thank you for clarifying. Not a word from H9 players about H1 deleting.

NOT ONE WORD.
Lord_T deleted andy's bombards in finwick parish in Ayrshire, maybe you just didn't get my mail about it...
Cooll zack

Post by Cooll zack »

You are all like 10 yo kids screaming because you lost your toys. You are at war and it is normal to lose parish buildings and castles. Both of you wanted war, what is wrong now ?
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Cooll zack wrote:You are all like 10 yo kids screaming because you lost your toys. You are at war and it is normal to lose parish buildings and castles. Both of you wanted war, what is wrong now ?
I have no problem with using whatever tactics are deemed fair by both sides of the war. What I want is to stop getting mails whining about Lord_T deleting a military school when H9 use trolls like cowards to do it for them. Just own it and accept what is done back in retaliation. Easy.

Hey! :idea: Why don't we delete every parish on the entire map, since that seems to be the way H9 wants to play this? That sounds extremely fun. And it will lead to the most boring map in the history of SHK! Brilliant strategy!

Let's rock and roll. ;)
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .

Post by 220897 »

MiladySkye wrote:
Cooll zack wrote:You are all like 10 yo kids screaming because you lost your toys. You are at war and it is normal to lose parish buildings and castles. Both of you wanted war, what is wrong now ?
I have no problem with using whatever tactics are deemed fair by both sides of the war. What I want is to stop getting mails whining about Lord_T deleting a military school when H9 use trolls like cowards to do it for them. Just own it and accept what is done back in retaliation. Easy.

Hey! :idea: Why don't we delete every parish on the entire map, since that seems to be the way H9 wants to play this? That sounds extremely fun. And it will lead to the most boring map in the history of SHK! Brilliant strategy!

Let's rock and roll. ;)
MiladySkye wrote:

NOT ONE WORD.
so what is it, you do it or you dont ?
TokHaar

Post by TokHaar »

MiladySkye wrote: I am H1, but you can hold us accountable for other houses if you like. Thank you for clarifying. Not a word from H9 players about H1 deleting.

NOT ONE WORD.
MiladySkye wrote: I have no problem with using whatever tactics are deemed fair by both sides of the war. What I want is to stop getting mails whining about Lord_T deleting a military school
"I didn't lie" - Miladyskye
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Bglizard wrote:Agree with Icarus 100% of the way.

I never claimed we weren't deleting *, I just said to get off your high horse your house is just as * if not worse, but again that's going back to the argument of "who wants to be the shiniest turd of this war".

Do we want to start a bet pool? How much do we want to bet when this war is over if H9 loses half their members drop and troll us till end of this world and delete *.

Silver lining to H9 wanting to go to the death is when they lose they won't have faith to troll us.
Lol your sounding confident. I would love to know where this confidence comes from.

Return to “World 9 Lounge (Closed)”