Exploit Fixed

EU1 has ended following the Final Age completion.
HappyHour224

Re: Exploit Fixed

Post by HappyHour224 »

i dont know the specifics, but if they needed the high-level account to get the target information than they would probably use several other accounts at random as well as the target to hide who it is they are trying to get info for

i just assume that if the people doing this are sophisticated enough to do this would also be clever enough to avoid getting caught
StarReaper

Post by StarReaper »

That's funny Lord A. when you and I discussed this in mail thread which I still have you said Firefly had no opinion, it wasn't against the rules and it wasn't ban able.
Last edited by StarReaper on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarReaper

Post by StarReaper »

Lord A to StarReaper Nov11

This specific data is actually being sent to the client constantly and is in fact visible to anyone. While certain types of programs which manipulate and interact with the game client are specifically prohibited, an additional alarm or other form of notification which is triggered by information readily broadcast from the client is not. In the past many players have used many different forms of third party notification systems to alert them of incoming attacks. :)

StarReaper services for these alerts its frowned on but not actually bannable?

Lord A to StarReaper Nov 11

There's no official opinion on players doing this and it is not bannable.
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

StarReaper wrote:Lord A to StarReaper Nov11

While certain types of programs which manipulate and interact with the game client are specifically prohibited, an additional alarm or other form of notification which is triggered by information readily broadcast from the client is not.
This exploit was not an alert. It was an example of a program which which manipulates and interacts with the game client and is specifically prohibited as stated in your reply from Lord Alacrity.
StarReaper

Post by StarReaper »

I gotcha thanks for clearing it up. Apologize about misreading what he was saying in the OP.
emplexity

Post by emplexity »

you mean people didn't assume their incoming attacks were 500 troops? how was that useful to the exploiters lol
#1 knob in world 1
StarReaper

Post by StarReaper »

Eh there to lazy to encrypt the data that transmits between the client and the server.

Return to “EU World One Lounge (Finished)”