Worth It?

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
HappyHour224

Worth It?

Post by HappyHour224 »

To everyone that played Dom world competitively. Did you enjoy the setup and was it worth the time/money considering the world is now closed?

Happy

*If there is a thread i didnt see that covers this, link me to it plz
Gorgameth

Re: Worth It?

Post by Gorgameth »

Yes, and no. It was a fun experience to try, but I'd not play another such world again. It did not test player's skill, it tested their wallet size.

Some of the rules were fun to play with, notably the no penalty rule when attacking a player of the same rank, being able to attack faction members to transfer flags, the two villages per leadership research.

But we can't tell who are the best players. We can only tell who pays for Firefly employee's salaries. :)
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Not to get off subject but in regards to finding out who is the best players I really think Europe world will be the big test after the 1st few glory rounds, all the big players are there from all the worlds, well most of them maybe not all, but looking at every house theres no one that looks weak. So I think that world will show the very best.

This type of world is just going to benefit the spenders as most big spenders only last 100 days anyway then they fade away and spring up in the next new world.
Teutons

Post by Teutons »

It's Wed & I still haven't received my prizes from Domination.

Has any1 else received theirs yet?

FF stated they would hand them out this wk.
Gorgameth

Post by Gorgameth »

meatball2k: It won't show the best, once more, it'll show who has access to the biggest credit cards. :)

Teutons: same here, haven't received anything yet.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

First off, I applaud Firefly for trying something different.

I did not push hard enough for Page, failed to get a faction organized before all the house seats were taken. I was in spectator mode for the last 30 days or so.

-Deke
Cregor

Post by Cregor »

The Domination world was never intended for non-carding / low-carding players. You were supposed to be carding.
And yet a significant portion of the winning house was composed of non-carding / low-carding players.
(By "low-carding" I mean people who spent in the vicinity of 5-25 USD total over the course of 100 days)

Domination did test skill (obviously), and, yes, more cards did help (again, obviously).

But the thing Dom World tested most was endurance. 100 days with no breaks was too * long for that tempo (yet again, obviously, as something like 80-90% of all the players who participated, including a great many BIG spenders, were long gone by Day 75 or so.)

My vote for worst Dom World rule change: *NO* honor cost for attacking someone of the same or higher rank.
It sounds like a pretty innocuous rule change, right?
Innocuous that is until you get hit with day after day of 300-400 1-peasant attacks, spread across 3-4 hours of time, so that you fail to notice the 3-5 real inbound attacks, and the inbound monks. Charging those griefers even 100 honor per attack would have at least forced them to use their parish armies.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

Great rule set.
But with only 100 days, it was obvious who would win by day 50. Not much point in playing after that.
There was not enough time left to build up and then fight against the early heavy carders.
With a such short game period, victory will always go to the heavy carders. No point in anyone else playing.
And not much point in building up for such a short game.
I will not play on another limited/short time world.

Return to “Domination World Lounge”