Prize Feedback

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
Odin29

Prize Feedback

Post by Odin29 »

I recently became aware of the way the prize structure is set up for the completion of this world, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed. I believe a different prize structure would definitely encourage more participation, because as it stands, people who know they will finish in the top 10 of the leader board have no motivation to continue playing, and no real incentive to try to stay in the winning house.

Firstly, handing out only a single prize to people who meet both criteria is just silly. Someone who makes it to the top of a leader board should get a separate prize for that, as well as a prize for being in the winning house if applicable. The wording in the initial post for this world implied the big prizes go to the winners, while separate (smaller?) prizes go to the top of the leader boards. There was no implication that someone who met both criteria would be exempt from receiving both prizes.

Secondly, why is the prize for being in the top 10 the same as being in the winning house? Someone can just farm all game and get in the top 10 for points, rank, farming, merchants, etc. and still get the same prize as those who fought from the beginning until the bitter end for the glory of their faction and house. This is absurd.

Thirdly, the leader boards are messed up one several different categories. Off the top of my head: farming, brewing, weapon making, and worker categories all display the amount made DAILY instead of the total amount produced. This means that if someone plays big production cards right before the world's end, they could jump from rank 150 to rank 1 just because their DAILY output was increased 10 fold. Again, this is ridiculous.

Now, let me lay out what I feel would be a better method of handing out prizes for a world like this. A distribution method that would encourage participation AND encourage people to fight to the bitter end to be in the winning house.

Biggest prize (first place) - goes to any members of the winning house. This is the prize pack that includes the platinum card pack, as well as the most ultras / supers, etc. This is the biggest prize and it's only given to members of the winning house.

Second prize (second place) - this goes to any members of the house that comes in second in the glory race at the end. This is a much smaller prize pack, consisting of roughly 50% of the card packs as the first place prize, without the super awesome platinum card pack(s).

Third prize (third place) - this goes to any members of the house that comes in third in the glory race at the end. This is basically a consolation prize, maybe consisting of like 1-2 super packs and a few random packs or something. Something that basically says "well, you tried, here ya go."

The idea behind having a first, second, and third place would be to create more of a giant "free for all" style of battle, where it isn't just Team 1 VS Team 2. A war more akin to a giant game of Risk than a game of Red VS Blue.

Now then, leader board prizes would be handled separately, and someone wouldn't be excluded from claiming a prize from several different leaderboards as well as their prize for their house. The person at the top of a leaderboard should receive the best prize for that leaderboard, then persons 2-10 should receive the secondary prize. These prizes wouldn't be as good as being in the winning house, but would still be a neat little prize. Anyone in the top 10 should receive something like a couple ultimate packs, a few supers, then some random misc card packs or something, but the person at the #1 position in each leaderboard should receive a special card pack designed specifically for that leaderboard. They would receive that in addition to the "top 10" prize, as their special prize for being #1. For example, #1 pillager, razer, and capper could all receive an awesome military pack, while #1 farmer could receive an awesome farming pack, #1 worker an awesome industry pack, etc etc. These packs could contain special cards like "a 10x increase to all stockpile goods for 24hrs" or "a 5x increase to merchant capacity for 12 hrs" or "a 10x increase to all banquet goods produced for 24 hours" or things like that.

All in all though, the domination world has been an AWESOME change of pace from traditional worlds. I don't think I'll be able to go back to a normal world after this one.
0ct4ne

Re: Prize Feedback

Post by 0ct4ne »

I couldn't agree more with Odin. I have played SHK for a long time and this world has been a big focal point of mine for some time now. The prizes are weak in my opinion as I have 3 - 7 of each card in my current deck. Not to brag, just stating that 1 of each of these cards doesn't compare to the stacks played in this world in my opinion. Now maybe the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes could be 1st 3 of each pack, 2nd 2 of each pack, and 3rd 1 of each pack. Something needs to be done about this. This world style is a gold mine for firefly and to end the world like this will definitely shift a lot of players away from its playing style vs reward. I honestly think that there should be a truly unique card pack. Something you cannot buy or get randomly. Like the deluxe version of the game with its multi eureka cards or something. 1 of each is just a slap in the face imo.

I as a top player in this game would like to request 10 minutes of a developers time to discuss a few things:
Modification to mechanics of the next domination world assuming there is one or the overpowered nature of quests for glory.
Monks should be considered an act of war and should void a players peacetime on a new village.
End of game prizes to encourage people to return. If the prizes are what I received about 30 minutes ago, you will see a lot less people continue to play the game. I have about 5-10 of each of those cards in my current inventory. Why not something like 10 of each of those cards? Or allow players to receive more than one prize?

Thank you again for your time.
-0ct4ne
kwud

Post by kwud »

just a few things you need to work on.

maybe a link or a quote of what the prize structure actually is, as it is i cannot take you at your word for it.

also., getting to the top of the leaderboard wont make anyone stop playing. here let me give you an example.

lets say i get 100 razes, 2nd place is at 90.

if i stop playing 2nd place will overrun me, WHERE IS THE INCENTIVE TO QUIT?!
Treegnome

Post by Treegnome »

I totally agree with Oden and 0ct4ne. I have busted my * off to get to the top of several leader boards only to be told I can only get one pack and on top of that a very sorry excuse of a prize for someone who spent around 300.00 USD on this world. I am a huge supporter of this game and it makes me sad to see such a sorry excuse for a prize. I will not be spending money on the next domination world when simple farmers get the same reward as a true warrior. Faq that noise!
Treegnome

Post by Treegnome »

Kwud no disrespect but Earl with 73 quest done. Sorry but you got no say in this.
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

kwud wrote:just a few things you need to work on.

maybe a link or a quote of what the prize structure actually is, as it is i cannot take you at your word for it.

also., getting to the top of the leaderboard wont make anyone stop playing. here let me give you an example.

lets say i get 100 razes, 2nd place is at 90.

if i stop playing 2nd place will overrun me, WHERE IS THE INCENTIVE TO QUIT?!
If you're rank 1 on the razing leaderboard with the rank 2 guy being 90, and the rank 10 guy being at say, 35 with just a few weeks remaining on the world, then it's a pretty bloody safe bet that you will come in in the top 10 on that leaderboard. It's extremely unlikely that 9 other people will jump up that dramatically on a board such as razing. Therefore, it's safe to just kinda go inactive and log in once a day or something just to check if people are passing you, then log out.
Gwennivere

Post by Gwennivere »

I completely agree with Odin.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I havent played the domination server but again I agree with everything Odin said, only problems I can see is that 9 factions can form a super house and claim 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize and demolish everyone else. I have not played the world though so not sure how competetive it is and if super powers can be formed as erasily as they do in uk servers.

Still though big thumbs up to the idea :-)
kwud

Post by kwud »

Treegnome wrote:Kwud no disrespect but Earl with 73 quest done. Sorry but you got no say in this.
anytime someone says no disrespect, they really mean disrespect. its something you say to try and weasel out of things.

i have tons of say in this, just because i don't spend hundreds of dollars on the game doesn't mean i don't get a say, i can compensate for money and cards in many other ways, and you looked at 1 stat, quests? who the * has time to do quests? why not look at some other leader-boards. everyone has their role to play, and if mine is opening castles for the other members of my team to capture them, or helping bring people together, i think i get a say, * even if im just supplying our heavy hitters with catapults or supports, i still get a bloody say.

you can shut the blank up treegnome, seriously, go to *.

everyone has a role to play, and everyone has their own way of playing, its not like im sitting in some neutral house hanging out farming day in day out. so, do some research, come back, and maybe, just maybe i will hear you out. at this point i can understand why you didn't have anything constructive to add to the thread.

If your up for spending $300 on a video game to win a prize in a game that's your prerogative, but complaining that the prize isn't worth what you put into it. well maybe you missed going to an arcade when you were a child but that sort of thing is a part of life, your supposed to enjoy everything that happens while your spending the $300, not the end prize, i mean * with $300 you'd be bound to get whatever prize could be made available anyhow.
Teutons

Post by Teutons »

Treegnome wrote:Kwud no disrespect but Earl with 73 quest done. Sorry but you got no say in this.
Silly comment.

how can u tell any1 they have no say in this?
------------

but anyway, I agree that tweaks need to be done for a game play style like Domination in terms of Quests, Prizes & Features.

Return to “Domination World Lounge”