Feedback on Domination world

All discussion related to the Domination Worlds should be posted here. This Forum has been reopened for the duration of Domination World 3.
Fatal

Feedback on Domination world

Post by Fatal »

This is perfect, x4 castle/village build speed, x2 faster researches, more villages...everything is so live and dynamic, 60 members limit per house means there will be no "meat-shield" in war, houses that took in "anybody" like simply players from same county will eventually be destroyed by better ones, all that 18 changes that configure this world are nice, except the fact it will running only 100 days, I would play this rules-set forever! Maybe let the 4th age use this rulesset ? That would be h-ll of a fun to see world 1 entering the era of no-interdiction :D
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
Black_Turtle

Re: Feedback on Domination world

Post by Black_Turtle »

A non ID world will take a lot of cards to survive in war. And a lot of time because you are an easy target when you are bussy with work etc
So if ever a normal world will go into this , i will probably leave the game
Symbolite

Post by Symbolite »

Liking the world so far, would love a world like this with no 100 day timer lol, I'm going to be sad when it ends!
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

And there go monk wars again... but hey those are BRUTAL monk wars!
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
kwud

Post by kwud »

im liking the flags:p

BUT we need to be able to provide more taxes to our parishes. maybe add a way to move gold from village to parish faster than trading with it? and waiting 24 hours for taxes?
Auruby

Post by Auruby »

ID is a horrible idea, and at least this world does not have it.

Make a world last 60 days and speed things up still more - 100 days is still too long!
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

After playing for 56 days, here is some more feedback:

Capital taxes need to be higher, as someone else pointed out. This is a very fast paced world with things building much faster and being destroyed much faster. Parish gold, however, trickles in at the same speed it did before. The max tax for a capital should be doubled, or perhaps even quadrupled.

With all the extra village slots available and charters still spawning very slowly, the need to convert captured villages is much higher. I suggest removing the 2 day waiting period to convert a captured village. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose. With banquets being so powerful on this world, the demand for various village types is much higher than on a standard world, so converting a freshly captured village immediately seems like a good idea. If there is concern about someone converting a village to "destroy" it when he knows he can't hold it, then perhaps not allowing a convert while an attack is incoming is the solution (like with abandoning a village.)

Lastly, glory from quest. This is going to be a BIG problem on future domination worlds, as players are realizing that the glory from quests vastly exceeds the glory from controlling land. I crunched the numbers, and if all 60 members of a faction did every quest that awards glory, they would gain over 8 million glory for their house. To put this into perspective, the 2 competing houses on the current domination world are at 3.07 Mil and 1.76 Mil glory, and that includes the incredible amount of glory that has come from quests. A house could literally emerge tomorrow doing nothing but quests, holding no land, and win the world by just doing quests. This goes against the spirit of a domination world in my opinion. I suggest on future domination worlds that glory rewards from quests be reduced to half, or even more. Domination should be about holding land and duking it out with your enemies, not holding hands and doing quests :D.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

After playing for 56 days, I see that this world will end before it really gets going.

Having used a lot of cards to get going on this world, I see that it was a waste of money.
It will all evaporate in about 6 more weeks.

I will not play any future worlds that have a set end date.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

AuKhan wrote:After playing for 56 days, I see that this world will end before it really gets going.

Having used a lot of cards to get going on this world, I see that it was a waste of money.

AuKhan, Three Questions:

Were you entertained during your 56 days on the server?
What would it take for you to have the perception that this server was "worth the money?"
What is your definition of winning or losing on this server?
Odin29

Post by Odin29 »

AuKhan wrote:After playing for 56 days, I see that this world will end before it really gets going.

What are you talking about? This entire world has been in a giant war since about day 10. The time limit is awesome, because it allows a winner to be declared before everyone becomes bored and moves on. I for one don't think I could go back to playing a normal world after playing on an awesome world like this, especially if they make a few tweaks to make it even better :).

Return to “Domination World Lounge”