It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Palidan Castles 

Post Re: Palidan Castles
Excellent idea!
Perhaps we should get a small amount of faith points for destroying any wolf castle based on their size. That way people will be tempted to destroy them to get fp (and also remove paladin castles in order to have them).
But about the AI cards granting hp bonus in the range of 2-3 %, i don't see how that small a change can affect battle... and also don't forget most units will be killed trying to destroy these AI castles, so in the end, you get a bonus with very few troops in hand to attack someone!

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:24 am

Guardian001 wrote:
But about the AI cards granting hp bonus in the range of 2-3 %, i don't see how that small a change can affect battle... and also don't forget most units will be killed trying to destroy these AI castles, so in the end, you get a bonus with very few troops in hand to attack someone!

It was one of those half-baked ideas at 3 AM in the morning but the general idea was it would apply to all your units and stronger, rarer, AI cards would give a more notable bonus.

ImageImage

Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

I silently predicted that Paladin Castles would soon be all over, since by now most know to just leave them there. Once a parish gets one, they're safe from getting hostile AI castles for some time.

As nice as that seems, however, there are some drawbacks. While getting hit with a new castle just after destroying the old can be draining, I personally think they spice things up to have around once in a while. Moreover, it becomes very difficult to complete castle quests when there aren't any around to attack. Not to mention they give those who don't care much for PVP an opportunity to do more than farm and take on bandits.

Obviously we aren't going to start taking out Paladins in our own parishes, but I'm surprised players aren't clearing out Paladins in parishes controlled by warring factions/houses. You'd think that would be a viable tactic and would even give some of the weaker players a chance to contribute.

So what do you think? Will factions and houses start adopting Paladin destruction as a method of war? (cuz I think they should :) )

Just my thoughts,
Poocho :)

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:19 am

It's being done to me already, player I razed has one village under ID 24/7 and sends out attacks to clear any Paladin castles in my parishes. :P

ImageImage

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:22 am
Profile WWW

Droh Kalut wrote:
I silently predicted that Paladin Castles would soon be all over, since by now most know to just leave them there. Once a parish gets one, they're safe from getting hostile AI castles for some time.

As nice as that seems, however, there are some drawbacks. While getting hit with a new castle just after destroying the old can be draining, I personally think they spice things up to have around once in a while. Moreover, it becomes very difficult to complete castle quests when there aren't any around to attack. Not to mention they give those who don't care much for PVP an opportunity to do more than farm and take on bandits.

Obviously we aren't going to start taking out Paladins in our own parishes, but I'm surprised players aren't clearing out Paladins in parishes controlled by warring factions/houses. You'd think that would be a viable tactic and would even give some of the weaker players a chance to contribute.

So what do you think? Will factions and houses start adopting Paladin destruction as a method of war? (cuz I think they should :) )

Just my thoughts,
Poocho :)

I also know wars that they did this already

Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3