It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Help 

Post Re: Help
It is an inaccurate assumption that because someone lives in the USA they are online (or more importantly off-line) at any given time. First off USA is 3 time zones, and second off the player pool in SHK does not lend itself to people that are on a rigid gaming or sleep schedule. If anyone played Utopia in the 1990s they will understand.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 am

I would be willing to help you learn the game, as there is no rule book, just a glossary. There are many non-intuitive game elements and very little direction for a new player. I am one of the group that suggest that new players start off in well established worlds. Then again, new players have zero information at hand when they make their first decision about where to start.

I recommend joining a faction, so long as you understand that being in [Faction X] as part of [House Y] will motivate some total strangers to help you and other total strangers to attack your village.

Send in game messages to a dozen or so players around your location and see who responds in American English.

- Deke

Last edited by DekeYoungAtlanta on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 am

I'd say the earlier you join a good faction, the better. Being a part of a faction gives your existence greater purpose and wards off idle boredom which, far too often, leaves the player disinterested in the game and angry at it's perceived slow pace.

ImageImage

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:44 am
Profile WWW

I would agree with Davidspy, I don't think i would have enjoyed the game as much if i didn't join a house, and join the fight.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:12 am

but beware of house/faction politics :lol:

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 am

Uther6 here. H4. Fraction gen. Of. revolutionary garud vangraud2. Message sent. Sirawesome52. Ron1144. Pane17. Message reads= pc problems, took took in for repairs. Sirawesome in charge plz vote him in as general. Be back asap....thx

Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Neukdeh wrote:
Hi Ovary,

I appreciate your open and honest responses but I would remove your geographical location as people use that info to figure out when you are online.

Call on me if you need anything ingame

I would avoid joining any factions until you are strong enough and have a decent amount of faith saved up as US World is a giant bloodbath right now

the geographical location asked for was where he picked in the world map in game, which admittedly anyone can figure out by looking at the leader boards and clicking on said players name.

also most of the people in house 14 that i know are also english speaking. joining a house early on regardless of war status is a good way to learn the game and rid yourself of the deadly village attachment disease.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2