I am disgusted

World 1 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
anicca

I am disgusted

Post by anicca »

In all of my pursuits in Stronghold I have been honest and upfront as character and reputation is more important that glory in this game. I have even treated nearly all of my enemies with respect and courtesy even when not deserved and have forgiven those who have trespassed against me in the past. Regardless of what a few trolls in this forum say, primarily Greyson Mactire, you can confirm the above with anyone who has played with me, friend or foe, in the 500+ days of the first age of World 3. Our player family was victorious there not because we treated people poorly or with subterfuge, but were respectful and in the end the neutrals and non aligned worked with us because of a consistency of our honor and the lack of such character from many of our enemies.

What I have seen so far in this USA world regarding character from many of the players in H14/H1 has been sickening. The mails I have been sent and those forwarded day after day from members in our house are so vile I can not even repeat them here. The betrayals from their unending spies and planted players and factions, the proxy wars they are fighting against other houses through other houses are the death of anything resembling enjoyment for this server's future.

Firefly I commend you on creating a new map that I and many others surely thought had great potential to provide a fun experience for everyone but unfortunately a game can only be as good as the players who play it and the manner in which they handle their responsibilities to be good stewards and provide a balanced experience for those who play, especially the 95% of players who here on day 38 have little ability to present meaningful challenge to AI castles let alone other players at this stage of the game.

It is very sad indeed to see the server going down the path it is just a month after release, and as I stated in the topic I am disgusted by the words, actions, and attitudes and deception that my enemies have displayed so far in this short amount of time.

For those who have forsaken our player family and helped bring about this mess I will leave you with a thought from Marcus Tullius Cicero:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."
anicca

Re: I am disgusted

Post by anicca »

Delusion : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

ROFL@Ztripp!

good one XD

Anicca, the pot calls the kettle black. you have any idea how many racist & sexist things your backwoods players are posting daily in game?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please report any mail ingame, do not post them on the forums.
Mechawalrus

Post by Mechawalrus »

this is the funniest thing i have read in quite some time
Joeblow5150

Post by Joeblow5150 »

Anicca man up this is a big world that doesn't revolve around you. Your attempt at being honest in this world was about as good as Obama's attempt at transparency in his administration.

You simply made poor choices and bit off a lot more then you could chew your imagined victory and rule over the dead W3 led you to have a false sense of what you were capable of.

Who knows maybe we will get bored here eventually too and you can take our abandoned villages and play king of the inactives again. Lots of possibilities!

Instead of crying about defeat move forward it is early in the world and people make mistakes. it doesn't mean the world is terrible if anything it just means that you are!

Good luck to you in your future endeavors in this world or the next but please next time less QQ

Ztripp wrote:Spaghetti:

A delicious noodle made out of duram wheat flour. Combined with sauce and meatballs, it resembles the diety know as The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Flying Spaghetti Monster/FSM:

"The alleged deity of The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) theory which was first publicly postulated in an open letter to the Kansas School Board during the debates on whether or not to introduce Intelligent Design in to the science curriculum. The FSM is theorized to manipulate observable data such as carbon dating results via 'His' Noodly Appendage. We are also taught that The FSM hates when its subjects do not dress as pirates. FSM followers claim that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s."

Going forward, all other arguments are invalid.

Now see that's funny!
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

Hehe... Why do people even bother arguing about crap like this?

It should be like this: You kill, I kill. Sign a treaty. rinse and repeat.
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

ginsengsamurai wrote: It is because of this fact, that I have made plans to leave USA 1. After spending so much resources, time and effort into meting out House policies, I find myself abandoned and through twisted face-saving tactics, I was essentially cast out as a 'rogue'. I hated World 5 after the last half of Age 1 and I am just very done with USA 1. Not because of the game mechanics, but because of the people and their personalities and policies.

welcome to the internets. dont let that door hit you on the way out XD

Return to “USA World 1 Lounge (Closed)”