Weather

Lounge to discuss USA World 1.
skitty67

Re: Weather

Post by skitty67 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 am

the weather on average is positive by 2.85 which seems far from random, and heavily influenced by 5 days of +24 weather, I have never seen so much positive weather in the game since someone mentioned bad weather in this thread.

Well actually I did once and that was as you might guess after I mentioned it in another thread.

Would it not be fair to say that someone "could" have set the weather to positive just to derail any complaints or future complaints about said weather.

Trying to discredit any further complaints by wildly connecting this thread with conspiracy theories shows contempt for the good people of the forum.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:13 am

All I can offer is a suggestion to keep track of the weather for a few weeks, or months, or maybe even a year. Because, in truth, there is little more I can offer to relieve your paranoia.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

skitty67

Post by skitty67 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:52 pm

There you go again calling someone something which has no relevance to the facts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from wiki......

Paranoia /ˌpærəˈnɔɪə/ (adjective: paranoid /ˈpærənɔɪd/) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.")
--------------------------------
Since when has a discussion about weather in an MMOPRG been paranoia ???
I mean come on!

Conspiracy theorist; paranoia; are you going to stop calling people names when they don't agree with your rhetoric ?

BTW i do have schizophrenia in RL so just try to have a little tact please.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:55 am

skitty67 wrote: Since when has a discussion about weather in an MMOPRG been paranoia ???
Since this
skitty67 wrote:Would it not be fair to say that someone "could" have set the weather to positive just to derail any complaints or future complaints about said weather.
Suggesting that Firefly would modify the weather based on a lengthy and obscure thread they probably didn't read sounds paranoid, sorry. :)

There is no shame in being wrong about something, we all have at one point or another. However, humans are funny creatures and many have a foolish aversion to being wrong. Rather than appreciate the benefits of being able to change one's mind through better understanding, some choose to invent ways to cling to their beliefs.

ImageImage

AFluffyNinjax

Post by AFluffyNinjax » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:35 am

Maybe they'll read the thread to see why one of their forum moderators has an attitude problem.

At no point did he say Firefly definitely is doing that, the word was "could" not did.
DavidSpy wrote:I'm sorry if I'm mistaken here but it seems you are not contributing anything constructive to the weather debate.
I suggest you take your own advice.

As for the topic. 5 days of bright sunshine was a new thing to me, ain't complaining though.

Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:16 pm

you'll have to forgive david, he makes up for his lack of ability in game with a certain exuberance in moderation of the forums.

;)

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 pm

AFluffyNinjax wrote: Maybe they'll read the thread to see why one of their forum moderators has an attitude problem.

At no point did he say Firefly definitely is doing that, the word was "could" not did.

I suggest you take your own advice.
I was merely addressing concerns presented by skitty, nothing more. "Could" embodies the essence of what a conspiracy theory instituted on paranoia is, it insinuates a cover-up by firefly through deliberate collusion without the need for any factual information.

Not all conspiracies are imagined by paranoids but a real conspiracy is evidenced by provable facts.

ImageImage

skitty67

Post by skitty67 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Hang on Davidspy you are turning a perfectly reasonable thing to happen, that is the devs changing weather to suit their own preferences into a debate about paranoia and conspiracy theories.

I would be more surprised if they couldn't mess with settings within the game, it would show a lack of talent for a start.

Dellwyndria

Post by Dellwyndria » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:53 am

DavidSpy wrote:All I can offer is a suggestion to keep track of the weather for a few weeks, or months, or maybe even a year. Because, in truth, there is little more I can offer to relieve your paranoia.

After all, I mean doesn't everyone know Firefly is out to get skitty67 for his obscure thread about weather?
:lol:
David you might be a mod but that is totally uncalled for. You are suppose to........ never mind if you don't know it can't be fixed. You Sir need a vacation. People will not use these threads if they are alway shot down by a mod. And so you do not accuse me of being off subject....... The weather is fine.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:22 am

Dellwyndria wrote:And so you do not accuse me of being off subject....... The weather is fine.
You were misleading less knowledgeable players with your fabricated weather events. I just got back from another forum I moderate where there are a good number of users who do not speak English as a first language. A native English speaker started a sarcastic suggestion thread completely misleading the users who weren't proficient in English. The result was a heated troll-fest strewn with personal attacks which had to be locked down.
Dellwyndria wrote:
DavidSpy wrote:All I can offer is a suggestion to keep track of the weather for a few weeks, or months, or maybe even a year. Because, in truth, there is little more I can offer to relieve your paranoia.

After all, I mean doesn't everyone know Firefly is out to get skitty67 for his obscure thread about weather?
:lol:
David you might be a mod but that is totally uncalled for.
You are correct, that was completely unprofessional. Sometimes while trying to formulate my dissertation I forget my position on this forum and resort to tactics I used prior to my promotion. I've since amended it.

ImageImage

Return to “USA World 1 Lounge”