It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Weather 

Post Weather
So the day weather was implemented it dropped to -6, then -12, then back to -6, it was positive for a few days, getting up to +24 for 1 day, now its been negative for at least 5 days, and we're at -30 today...

anyone feel like they're using weather to slow you down? So far its been negative far more than positive, if it's going to be like this I'd prefer they just remove it altogether...

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 am

Post Re: Weather
I like how the Event System is. Sure, we've been getting a lot of negative events lately, but they make the game funner by making the player actually try to make their village happy.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am
Profile WWW

The weather is nuts. I understand in the England/Ireland/Scottish map that it rains all day. I can understand that Washington State and Florida also get a lot of rain... but New Mexico? This game has given that state more than a decades worth of rainfall in the first month. Lizards are drowning, and scorpions are starting to evolve gills in a valiant effort to survive the shock to their ecosystem. Before Greenpeace starts picketing your servers, think what you are doing to the continent! :lol:

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:02 am

sorasdarkness wrote:
So the day weather was implemented.

The random weather events have been in the game since before I joined. Nothing new has been implemented.

TurksHead wrote:
The weather is nuts. I understand in the England/Ireland/Scottish map that it rains all day. I can understand that Washington State and Florida also get a lot of rain... but New Mexico?

The weather events are server world wide, you will get the same weather in Ireland as you do in England.

ImageImage

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am
Profile WWW

I'm talking specifically about the U.S. world, it wasn't here on day one, and was added (or implemented) later.

I'm only a Gentleman so my honor multiplier is only at 130ish, which means -30 weather for a day times 130 for two villages is 7800 honor I lose in 1 day just for the weather. Thats more honor than I would lose from AI attacks if I were to leave myself undefended the entire time they're around, and I lose it in one day. Those of higher levels lose even more. So far it has been much more negative than positive.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 pm

If everythings gets so easy what will be the fun of playing game? With more difficulties games become more fun.
And its doesnot matter you talk about US or UK map.
As david said a weather is same for a whole world.

Talking about USA 1.
If its raining in Mexico it will be raining in whole USA. The game weather doesnot depend on real weather like if you live in mexico and see that outside your window its too sunny dnt expect the game to have a sunny weather too. Weather is same for a whole world.

Also when you start on a new world just as a begineer's help firefly provides you 30+ bonus popularity so you can grow fast.
10 - begineer help
10 - welcome bonus
10 - new player bonus

Weather is still there but it doesnot show up to new player just to help them so they dnt get any negative popularity, also the ai's dnt show up and dnt effect popularity. But it is for some limited time and as soon as the time runs out that +30 pop goes out and you start seeing weather and other things and your popularity is effected by it.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

sorasdarkness wrote:
I'm talking specifically about the U.S. world, it wasn't here on day one, and was added (or implemented) later.

Like Haludza said most likely you are remembering the new player bonus events, these events gave a popularity boost to new players but expire within a couple of days baring the real game events.

Also, remember the weather is worldwide, other players are going through the same weather events you are so it's balanced.

ImageImage

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile WWW

I'm a fan of difficulty, I love difficult games, my favorite game is Starcraft 2 for that purpose, it doesn't matter how good you get there are always people that will beat you. However, the difficulty is controlled, you (the player) are a variable in that level of difficulty. The better I play the more difficult it gets, the worse I play the less difficult it gets.

The AI attacks are a great example of this type of difficulty. Weather excludes the player, it's an uncontrolled variable which appears to be designed simply to slow down honor gain. I would argue that difficulty has little to nothing to do with the weather variable, it doesn't make the game more difficult, it just makes you level slower, which is more annoying than difficult.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

There is positive weather as well, "Heat Wave" gives you +30.

ImageImage

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:
There is positive weather as well, "Heat Wave" gives you +30.

Yes there is, But so far the negative days outnumber the positive days, and the negative days have been more negative than the positives were positive. I'm not saying it isn't balanced, just saying it seems to be hurting honor more than helping.

If weather is identical across the entire world why does it affect popularity anyway? Certainly it would make peasants more sad or happy based on weather, but it wouldn't make any location more or less popular since the weather would be identical.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next