Joetheblow, yeah ok

World 1 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Beravin

Re: Joetheblow, yeah ok

Post by Beravin »

I'm sorry, but it amazes me as to how ridiculous the "cards are fine" arguments are. I'm watching as people get captured and razed with multiple armies, from the same player, that have included about 200 catapults. Tell me, how does anyone who is not a carder stand up to that? Its simple, they don't. You either card to keep up or you make sure you stay on the good side of those that do.

I mean, come on. There are massive armies flying around, with dozens of catapults, and its only Day 21. Most non carders are barely even at the rank of Squire, so good luck trying to counter attack with 5 catapults against a fully carded castle. Which reminds me, a friend of mine just had his village captured, and when he tried to take it back, know what happened? It was carded up to an end game castle. Give me a bloody break. At the start, before people are set up, if a carder wants your village, and if they buy enough cards, then that village is theirs - end of story.

Once again, I am reminded of why I both love, and HATE this game.
Greyson-Mactire

Post by Greyson-Mactire »

Stuff happens. Don't blame the cards or the other people who can afford to card big, blame the asshat who was too lazy and lacked enough judgment not to pick on some one of substantial lower rank. Either way every house has these types of people and admittedly it's needed to expand. We're not here to hold each others hand's and frolic through the flowerbeds, we're here to do what the game was intended for: Building alliances,finding recruits,building ourselves up and ultimately to kill people (Raze and capture) and take stuff over (Reasons for houses and factions).

Again, this is a war game and a subscription based platform first and F2P second. Cards are a part of that platform just as most other F2P's offer other items for "micro transactions" or straight up Purchase from their respected markets.

Maybe some day Firefly will make a "Economic" server.
Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed!
Beravin

Post by Beravin »

Greyson-Mactire wrote:Stuff happens. Don't blame the cards or the other people who can afford to card big, blame the asshat who was too lazy and lacked enough judgment not to pick on some one of substantial lower rank. Either way every house has these types of people and admittedly it's needed to expand. We're not here to hold each others hand's and frolic through the flowerbeds, we're here to do what the game was intended for: Building alliances,finding recruits,building ourselves up and ultimately to kill people (Raze and capture) and take stuff over (Reasons for houses and factions).

Again, this is a war game and a subscription based platform first and F2P second. Cards are a part of that platform just as most other F2P's offer other items for "micro transactions" or straight up Purchase from their respected markets.

Maybe some day Firefly will make a "Economic" server.
I understand all of this. The problem, however, is that the resource that funds the game also breaks the game. I have no issue with my friend being captured, for example. No, what bothers me is that the armies were so ridiculous and so carded that there was literally nothing he could have done about it, regardless of having an end game castle, research, reinforcements, etc... I expect stuff like this on Day 50, not Day 21.
FORTKNOX.

Post by FORTKNOX. »

Beravin wrote:I'm sorry, but it amazes me as to how ridiculous the "cards are fine" arguments are. I'm watching as people get captured and razed with multiple armies, from the same player, that have included about 200 catapults. Tell me, how does anyone who is not a carder stand up to that? Its simple, they don't. You either card to keep up or you make sure you stay on the good side of those that do.

I mean, come on. There are massive armies flying around, with dozens of catapults, and its only Day 21. Most non carders are barely even at the rank of Squire, so good luck trying to counter attack with 5 catapults against a fully carded castle. Which reminds me, a friend of mine just had his village captured, and when he tried to take it back, know what happened? It was carded up to an end game castle. Give me a bloody break. At the start, before people are set up, if a carder wants your village, and if they buy enough cards, then that village is theirs - end of story.

Once again, I am reminded of why I both love, and HATE this game.
I think its important to remind everyone what free to play means. It means try this game without risk, if after you tried the game you like it then it becomes a pay to play

free to play was never a means to free load on the backs of paying customers and expect to play at their level without cost

simply put, after you try the game for free, if you liked it. Spend some $$ and enjoy the game further. Its just that simple.
Veteran player of World-7 Exclusively
Ad Rock

Post by Ad Rock »

Joeblow5150 wrote:Really Mods flame threads are ok?
It's my guess that David Spy was simply addressing the concerns of the poster above him who thought the thread needed to be locked.

I guess it's open to interpretation but the mods on this forum seem respectful towards players and well mannered.
nop nop nop nop
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

FORTKNOX. wrote: I think its important to remind everyone what free to play means. It means try this game without risk, if after you tried the game you like it then it becomes a pay to play

free to play was never a means to free load on the backs of paying customers and expect to play at their level without cost

simply put, after you try the game for free, if you liked it. Spend some $$ and enjoy the game further. Its just that simple.
I think you are over exaggerating the importance of using cards in this game.

What I feel you need in this game to be successful in order (I said this before but could not find the post):

Allies: you can be the king of every country and never have to play, or spend money on cards if you had enough allies, and villages to spread out (although this would be unrealistic I just use it as an example of how it trumps everything else) True it is easier to get allies when you are high ranked at first, but as players increase in rank this advantage is reduced

Play time: The time you spend playing not only helps you rank up quickly and defend, it can also helps you gain allies.

Skill: This game does require you to sometimes do time critical things precisely, but it does not require skill like a plane dog fighting game requires skill. Knowing the game mechanics and how to best use them to your advantage, and being a good politician/team player, are the main skills in this game.

Research and rank: This is why many carders have an advantage early on, but this advantage is reduced significantly when the average players in a world have more research and rank. Research time is the great equalizer for all but the few carders that spend money on the expensive research cards. Time is also how you get the most valuable thing in this game, faith points

Cards: Mostly speeds up things, or helps with defense. The speed benefit decreases as you get more research and rank, and the defense benefit can be easily trumped by the other things listed above.
Last edited by countjimula on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Lt.Columbo

Post by Lt.Columbo »

100% agreed countjimula
and i couldnt have put it that well ;)
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0
justice.matt.13

Post by justice.matt.13 »

I have known Anicca for a very long time as both a friend and enemy. While I do not support the propaganda I see h6 (not so much h2) putting out there and this is just another form of it, it is part of what we all put up with. Regardless of whom is at war with whom we should all fight honorably and do what we must to be successful. War is a major part of the game so how about we stop the BS on the forums and get back to game action.

On a side note, cards are also part of the game and we all deal with it. Carooski and I have been hit in the north east by heavy carders with over 1000 cats already. I see h6 complaining about people getting hit with 20-30 cats. Stop acting like h14 only has carders in it...h6 has as many carders and developers and programmers as anyone.

Whether it is a fair fight or not...get at it and stop complaining.

Matt
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

justice.matt.13 wrote:h6 has as many developers and programmers as anyone.
Can you name one?
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
justice.matt.13

Post by justice.matt.13 »

nothing but rumors and guesses to be honest. I personally do not know any developers for SHK

All I am suggesting is that the people that complain of h14 carding up to get territory and acting like bullies and whatnot need to look at the leaderboard where there are as many h14 as there are h6 as well as many from many houses and some that are neutral.

All these complaints happen on all sides and at the end of it, the war if fairly equal on both sides and it will be a good fight.

Matt

Return to “USA World 1 Lounge (Closed)”