Suggestion

World 1 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Matt06

Suggestion

Post by Matt06 »

Im sure its been brought up before but couldnt find anything on this, i was wondering if we could put something in where we could attack armies on the move? it would incorporate a all new style of game play and i think would be pretty awesome
Matt06

Re: Suggestion

Post by Matt06 »

anything is possible would just take some work with the coding.
Matt06

Post by Matt06 »

cool thanks david
Reynauld de Chatillon

Post by Reynauld de Chatillon »

With regards to the ambush option I further suggest a reward be attained in the form of honor points for killing a captain / captains during an ambush ranging from 500 - 10000 honor depending on the rank of the player and the level of difficulty.
jess1sc

Post by jess1sc »

Ryan Cawdor wrote:Intercepting an incoming army is a sound military tactic but I just don't see it being viable here, however , there are other tactics that can be used to bleed off troops and delay them.

Ambushes: sending out troops from your castle that will 'patrol' the surrounding area and engage any attacking force. Of course being a much smaller force they would most likely be all be killed (unless it was just some scouts they found) ,but with any luck maybe destroying a few catapults or wounding/killing that all important captain. Patrol's will have to be sent out manually and have a limited 'patrol time'.

Outlying fortifications or Forts: Much smaller than castles and with limited defensive building options these can only hope to delay any large castle crushing army. Since they have no town of their own to supply them they will have to be constantly supplied with food/ale and will be a drain on income.

The common theme here is to delay the enemy resulting in a time penalty for any army encountering them.
that would totally * up timed attacks, and timed attacks are the only way to wipe someone out when they're online. unless they're clueless.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I do not see how such a thing can be added to the game without breaking it terribly requiring many changes to fix it. Could you get more specific as to why you think this would be a good thing?
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

Return to “USA World 1 Lounge (Closed)”