Know what would be awesome?...

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Kaledren

Know what would be awesome?...

Post by Kaledren »

....if people who controlled Parishes ACTUALLY did their job beyond holding them for power.

If not at war...

1) Cure disease
2) Vanquish hostile AI
3) Manage taxes
4) Check up on your fellow Parish inhabitants from time to time. Ask how they are, if they are satisfied with the current state of the Parish. If not, what their suggestions would be for improvement. What beneficial buildings they would like to see added to the Parish.

You don't even HAVE to do all these things...but doing SOMETHING would be nice.

Sadly....although there is a voting system to vote for the best candidate to hold these positions...yet, it is never utilize in such a way because their are WAY too many dbag dictators in the game that use fear and threats of violence to maintain their position. Way of the world I suppose.

Anyways...DO YOUR * JOB, PLEASE!!! Thanks...for nothin. :roll:
Last edited by Kaledren on Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bglizard

Re: Know what would be awesome?...

Post by Bglizard »

Kaledren wrote:
1) Cure disease

I'll buy you 20$ worth of crowns if you can actually get people to do this for 1-2 months. LOL
Kaledren

Post by Kaledren »

Bglizard wrote:
Kaledren wrote:
1) Cure disease

I'll buy you 20$ worth of crowns if you can actually get people to do this for 1-2 months. LOL
Could of said you'd buy me $1000 worth...not likely to ever happen. I can get a Steward to cure it once in a great while after hounding them on the Parish boards or via PM, as well as withholding votes until they do...but doesn't happen enough. Currently curing tons in some Parishes I am in now, AGAIN. :evil:
Cican

Post by Cican »

Healing disease and clearing AI's is not only steward's responsibility. Maybe you're just in wrong area ;)
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Cican wrote:Healing disease and clearing AI's is not only steward's responsibility. Maybe you're just in wrong area ;)
It's not ONLY the Parish Steward's responsibility yet it is incumbent upon them to aid in this regard imo.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Kaledren

Post by Kaledren »

Wilksy wrote:
Cican wrote:Healing disease and clearing AI's is not only steward's responsibility. Maybe you're just in wrong area ;)
It's not ONLY the Parish Steward's responsibility yet it is incumbent upon them to aid in this regard imo.

You are right, it isn't. But most of them do NOTHING is my point.
Pyron D Mystic

Post by Pyron D Mystic »

Well, you know what they say, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

I clean the disease in my parishes. I also clean the disease for my entire county, though other people do help as well. If you are in a good community, no one is going to care who owns the parish. If they see disease, they are going to cure it. Communities like this don't just appear, though, you have to create it. It takes hard work, constant reinforcement of ideas *Cough* annoying stewards to death *Cough*, and most importantly, the motivation to practice what you preach. Show them by example. It might take months... it might even take years, but you will eventually beat the idea into other players. Until then, just do it yourself. It's not expensive to heal disease on a county level if you keep up with it. If you are worried about how much faith you are spending, max out your churches. Though at this point in the game, everyone should have plenty of faith points... at least if you have been around for a while. You can't take your faith with you to the next world, so you might as well spend a little. :lol:

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”