It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Have been away from SHK for six months, anything new ??? 

Post Have been away from SHK for six months, anything new ???
Hi,

Stopped playing back in sepetember last, my pc went dead for two weeks when a graphics card fried, and I never bothered logging back on to the game as I had got up to Duke rank and with ten villages to keep running, the game was just farmville x 10, micromanagement gone mad.

Could someone tell me if the gameplay has changed significantly in the last six months ?

And to help with your answer, I am talking about new game units or new castle structures, gameplay speed increases, stuff like that. Not strategy cards or new world maps, which are just window dressing on a 15 year old game engine.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:55 am

Post Re: Have been away from SHK for six months, anything new ???
WhoAteMeDinner wrote:
I am talking about new game units

Unfortunately, no new game units at the moment.

WhoAteMeDinner wrote:
new castle structures

If you've seen Age 4, then you're already familiar with the military school and bombards. There's a new AI castle design called Treasure Castles, but you've probably seen them. If not, they get you a chance to win prizes (card points, cards, faith points, gold, or the dreaded "you win nothing" prize).

WhoAteMeDinner wrote:
gameplay speed increases

Age 5 makes the current units move faster (armies, scouts, captains) but not monks and merchants, and some restrictions concerning county sheriffs. Nothing worthwhile. Lots of new cards, but still plenty of x10 goods card left for the next updates, or instant buildings.

Dunno if you've seen the new achievement ranks (double diamonds, triple diamonds and sapphire). They also put in new quests, but you've probably seen those (interdict, absolve, excommend, rats, snakes, pigs and wolves).

So, basically, you haven't missed much. :)

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:49 am

Post Re: Have been away from SHK for six months, anything new ???
Thanks Gorgameth, yep you are right, I saw almost all of the updates you mentioned before my pc went down.

I suspected nothing major had been added as most of the forum threads are still mentioning how inactive many of the counties are on most server maps.

Just needed to find out for sure from an active player like yourself.

Its a real shame Firefly are not putting more effort into this mmo version, as Crusader 2 was received with very average reviews late last year, and I think SHK will die off totally if they don't stop opening new world maps and add real new game content soon.

How can the original 2001 Stronghold have crossbowmen and macemen and siege towers and ladders, and SHK almost 15 years later still does not have these units.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]