Attention all players! You are the reason for one house rule

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Lightguardian278

Attention all players! You are the reason for one house rule

Post by Lightguardian278 »

I'm sick and tired of this. So many people complain that they are tired of one house ruling everything when in reality it’s their fault. I don't know what’s more sad, a world ruled by one house or the fact that all players are still letting this happen.

This is the cycle of magic and wisdom.

Players join strong hold kingdoms
After a while players become strong and try to join the one power that rules everything.
The main power eventually losses enough players and they are replaced.
Cycle repeats

Do you know how many players there are in this house?
Do you know how many players there are in the entire world?

Do you see the problem? I mean really, look at those numbers. If even one half of them team up and rebel, that might be enough to actually work, or enough to finally kill the world if they fail. What's even worse is that the populations not in the main house are divided. Players sit there and d are helpless attacked then complain how unfair it is. If it’s really that unfair then how about joining or creating a faction that are against them rather than sitting there like a duck.

It just makes me sick how even the last person I talked to joined the main power. Then I see the rest complaining how its unfair.

Does anyone agree with this? I want to discuss this.
Wizard

Re: Attention all players! You are the reason for one house

Post by Wizard »

Just a little something to consider when you post these numbers.

How many of these players outside the ruling house are knights or above because under that they would pretty much be useless in a war.

Also how many have multiple villages after that first numbers.
And then how many of those have vassals or parishes.

Because if that 5543 is actually in the end around 900 players, that means that you only have 2 players per 1 player in ruling house to kill them not a 10 to 1 like your suggesting.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

FF PLEASE GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

LESS FACTIONS, GREATER REWARDS
Lightguardian278

Post by Lightguardian278 »

Wizard wrote:Just a little something to consider when you post these numbers.

How many of these players outside the ruling house are knights or above because under that they would pretty much be useless in a war.

Also how many have multiple villages after that first numbers.
And then how many of those have vassals or parishes.

Because if that 5543 is actually in the end around 900 players, that means that you only have 2 players per 1 player in ruling house to kill them not a 10 to 1 like your suggesting.
3,668 Players have 2 villages or more.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I just logged in to w8, ts embarrasing, FF have to know that age 2 and 3 are disasters and just scrap them surely there not making any money as no one needs to spend cards to gai advantage the 80million point alliance vs 2 million point house is usually a big enough advantage.

I am sorry to sound like a whinny girl but I think the game has great potential but there is to many people that are happy to kill it by taking the easy way out, The only way this will work is if the rewards increase massively and factions decrease.

i.e if the reward was say 1k card points 90 days premium token si* loads of card packs or just give them crowns that they can use as they please i.e 500 crowns

If there is only 80 of these awards being dished out people will not be so willing to team up
AntiCapt

Post by AntiCapt »

One house rule is officially over on W8! :lol:
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

congrats for taking up arms, I logged on and numbers still seem against h16 but good luck for stepping up and trying to make w8 half decent,

Let us know how it goes
Dracolus81

Post by Dracolus81 »

So far its going in their favor
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I have been down this road many times before. It is not the players fault! There are many exceptions, but not enough, and the way the rewards work in this game it rewards players that join the strongest house, or try to get into the strongest house.

It is the spies, backstabbers, and house leaders that are nothing more than puppets trying to get an invite to the winning house before the end of the age, that kills this game more than one house rule.

I do no have an issue if one house had the leadership, good players, and drive, to rule a world, but it would be almost impossible to do, for any length of time, without the incentives firefly gives players now to make worlds work the way they do now.

In a game like this the players are not just players but a large part of the game content. Not only should the game be good for the individual player but it should be set up so the players add as much to the game as possible. The game should encourage players to be great allies, and enemies, but mostly encourage them to play in a way that makes the game more fun for everybody.

Right now we have an issue in this game that the players that play to win hurts the game. These games should be set up so that a player trying to win, they best way they can, makes the game more fun for others, not less.

I say a lot more about this in the link in my signature.

I have not played this game in months and occasionally check back to see if firefly has addressed this issue, but each time they have not.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
AntiCapt

Post by AntiCapt »

meatball2k wrote:congrats for taking up arms, I logged on and numbers still seem against h16 but good luck for stepping up and trying to make w8 half decent,

Let us know how it goes
Its going well, and the numbers are now in our favour.

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”