Dear W8..

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
countjimula

Re: Dear W8..

Post by countjimula »

Sir Nino wrote:Yep. They are the types with no real life and wouldn't have a thing to say to you to your face otherwise.

They enjoy the success they have in a game because they apparently lack it in life. I feel sorry for them.

P.S. They realize it...they just don't care. They never allow anyone to grow to make it a game, competitive or fun for anyone BUT them. Tyrannical rule is all they know...but try and play the honorable nice guys card...it's hilarious because anyone with half a brain can see them for who they really are. I've seen it time and time again in any game with PvP. Greedy greedy greedy and arrogant.
I think you are being a little harsh, many are players that just look at the game mechanics and see the easiest least time consuming way to win. Sure they destroy the fun in the game in the process, but if the players acting in their own self interest makes the game boring the fault is with the game mechanics, not the players taking advantage of them.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Sir Nino

Post by Sir Nino »

countjimula wrote:
Sir Nino wrote:Yep. They are the types with no real life and wouldn't have a thing to say to you to your face otherwise.

They enjoy the success they have in a game because they apparently lack it in life. I feel sorry for them.

P.S. They realize it...they just don't care. They never allow anyone to grow to make it a game, competitive or fun for anyone BUT them. Tyrannical rule is all they know...but try and play the honorable nice guys card...it's hilarious because anyone with half a brain can see them for who they really are. I've seen it time and time again in any game with PvP. Greedy greedy greedy and arrogant.
I think you are being a little harsh, many are players that just look at the game mechanics and see the easiest least time consuming way to win. Sure they destroy the fun in the game in the process, but if the players acting in their own self interest makes the game boring the fault is with the game mechanics, not the players taking advantage of them.
Sure...finding the easiest and most efficient way of using game mechanics to win is the idea. I don't fault them on that.

But what I DO fault them on and brings me to the quoted conclusion I had previously (that I have also seen in many other PvP based games from players who usually are "hard core" elitists) is their attitudes towards and treatment of others within the game. Mainly when it is unnecessarily just to be rude, arrogant, and down right stubborn * because they have FAR superior numbers.

You CAN maintain control and better maintain loyalty without threats or unnecessary reactions. And Diplomacy can be just as powerful, if not more so than instant violence. They don't seem to grasp this concept, nor even attempt to.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

People will always say stuff like that guy just said about being jaded and wiping away bit ch tears, all we want for the game is to be competitive and have bigger incentives for winners which will stop mega alliances, I have failed in every world I have played and it's not because I'm a bad player I just refuse to join a super house which walks over everyone else. To me there is no sense of achievement by not allowing smaller houses to grow you will always end up with same result in this game it's just about how long you can keep it competiitive and w8 was over after 2 month. It would be nice to have a world with fewer factions and bigger rewards maybe a cap on how many cards you can use in a week as we'll.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

@sir glen, I think when I say I have failed I mean the overall world has been a failure as the house I was in was defeated or I left due to not liking the way things are going, at times I have had great success and had great fun. W8 day 50-80 I had a lot of fun just fighting in a house that had no chance of winning but still had fun at the time. W7 had a very good faction but we could not stay in house we where in and eventually good friends left and our faction died. So very good times but at the end of the day I am always left frustrated by everyone joining one house and big houses not allowing others to grow or rebuild. H9 in USA seem to allow that which is cool but everyone else would rather reset every single player and make them quit the game or join them. My mentality would never allow me to join the super house so I have my fun then leave when it gets boring.

I will probably return one day but not any time soon, I'm enjoying not having to spend all my spare time at my laptop.
Sir Lukington

Post by Sir Lukington »

I don't have a problem with H16's methods, they've played to win and done so handily. The problem is the other houses have either failed terribly to organize against them, or they've simply dropped to their knees and licked the toes of H16 and made no effort. Or some houses communicate so poorly that the people in the factions have no clue what is really going on and can't organize an effort. H16 has just done a much better job with all of that.
LuciKischel

Post by LuciKischel »

LOL H16 are very quick to diss anyone who says anything against their style of game play. From my point of view there is certain players in H16 who ruin the game with their bullying and pathetic style of play. I have been on the losing side to H16 many times and as much as it * me off I would not quit the game. Instead I find ways to * them off and have done so successfully, have even made a certain couple of tough guys cry to Mama I think lolol as I was blacklisted by 1 faction of H16.

I have had many interactions with other players from H16 whom I have a lot of respect for as they push if you push. It's a war game and I am more than happy to cop * when I cause it.

2nd age is coming, myself and a few others from the blacklist have moved away from the offending H16 faction and are having a breather as we have been in 1 war or another since the beginning really, we are also enjoying the contacts that are being made as people know who we are and what we stand for.

The game is only as fun as you make it, build your villages to be as productive as possible but do not fear losing them, you have to be prepared to rebuild over and over again in this game. Learn to give as good as you get, Yes H16 have monopolised the world but it doesn't mean they are responsible for your enjoyment. I have a blast when I know I have * certain players off enough to be "Blacklisted"....It is funny when you get told you have broken a rule from the rule book (Yes this was actually their wording) so will be blacklisted for life, when asked to see said rules I was told I am not part of the alliance so am therefore not allowed to see these rules. In asking other players from H16 they have never heard of this supposed rule book and guess it was a certain FG's way of making sure his faction did as he wanted.....Even better to know that I got several messages from his faction who were not backing his play...

See this game is what you make it and I have made great friends with a similiar outlook as we enjoy it, yes we get * sometimes but we always come back lolol

Luci :)
Sir Nino

Post by Sir Nino »

DavidSpy wrote:
Sir Nino wrote:
You CAN maintain control and better maintain loyalty without threats or unnecessary reactions. And Diplomacy can be just as powerful, if not more so than instant violence. They don't seem to grasp this concept, nor even attempt to.
You know, I used to be big on diplomacy until I started to realize the only resolution to problems others had with me was a to-the-death fight. Most of the time they are looking to pick a fight and utilize a handful of alts to bring their plans to fruition. I've been on both sides, farmer/fighter. Farmers do get shafted regardless, if they have a fighter as FG he will get them in wars and any passive farmer leader is looked down with condescension by the elite.
It's pretty sad FF allows bullying to happen to the point people are disgusted with playing...as I am sure I am not the first. But hey... I guess as long as these elitists are making them money (As I am positive they are heavy carders)...what does FF care . Greed rules the world. Elitist = loser.
Sir Nino

Post by Sir Nino »

Sir Lukington wrote:I don't have a problem with H16's methods, they've played to win and done so handily. The problem is the other houses have either failed terribly to organize against them, or they've simply dropped to their knees and licked the toes of H16 and made no effort. Or some houses communicate so poorly that the people in the factions have no clue what is really going on and can't organize an effort. H16 has just done a much better job with all of that.

IDK how you couldn't have an issue with it unless you are in H16, or in one of their many Ally Houses and not a recipient of the methods. It's blatant bullying and * at it's finest.
Sir Nino

Post by Sir Nino »

LuciKischel wrote:LOL H16 are very quick to diss anyone who says anything against their style of game play. From my point of view there is certain players in H16 who ruin the game with their bullying and pathetic style of play. I have been on the losing side to H16 many times and as much as it * me off I would not quit the game. Instead I find ways to * them off and have done so successfully, have even made a certain couple of tough guys cry to Mama I think lolol as I was blacklisted by 1 faction of H16.

I have had many interactions with other players from H16 whom I have a lot of respect for as they push if you push. It's a war game and I am more than happy to cop * when I cause it.

2nd age is coming, myself and a few others from the blacklist have moved away from the offending H16 faction and are having a breather as we have been in 1 war or another since the beginning really, we are also enjoying the contacts that are being made as people know who we are and what we stand for.

The game is only as fun as you make it, build your villages to be as productive as possible but do not fear losing them, you have to be prepared to rebuild over and over again in this game. Learn to give as good as you get, Yes H16 have monopolised the world but it doesn't mean they are responsible for your enjoyment. I have a blast when I know I have * certain players off enough to be "Blacklisted"....It is funny when you get told you have broken a rule from the rule book (Yes this was actually their wording) so will be blacklisted for life, when asked to see said rules I was told I am not part of the alliance so am therefore not allowed to see these rules. In asking other players from H16 they have never heard of this supposed rule book and guess it was a certain FG's way of making sure his faction did as he wanted.....Even better to know that I got several messages from his faction who were not backing his play...

See this game is what you make it and I have made great friends with a similiar outlook as we enjoy it, yes we get * sometimes but we always come back lolol

Luci :)

I've restarted many times as it is. The game has lost it's appeal when you constantly have to deal with * like these no lifers. But have fun yourself and I hope you give them as much grief as they give out. Still have 2 villages to be taken if any of you want them. In Dyfed/Wales. Just PM me. Once gone, so am I.
mythdalas12

Post by mythdalas12 »

I find it funny you keep seeing these people stating we are coming together. "we've had people contact us that have the same interest" You mean the same people that dropped banners when we came into their areas? H16 didn't gain control from bullying and using multiple accounts. It was because no one fought back either they joined sides with them or they just dropped banners and said I'm Neutral.

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”