Dear W8..

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Sir Lukington

Re: Dear W8..

Post by Sir Lukington »

Sir Nino wrote:
Sir Lukington wrote:I don't have a problem with H16's methods, they've played to win and done so handily. The problem is the other houses have either failed terribly to organize against them, or they've simply dropped to their knees and licked the toes of H16 and made no effort. Or some houses communicate so poorly that the people in the factions have no clue what is really going on and can't organize an effort. H16 has just done a much better job with all of that.
IDK how you couldn't have an issue with it unless you are in H16, or in one of their many Ally Houses and not a recipient of the methods. It's blatant bullying and * at it's finest.
I guess I just don't see it that way, I see it as H16 is just flat out winning...and no I'm not H16 or any of their allies. The only issue I'd have it that sometimes they need to let people fight their own battles. You can't attack someone without first looking at their LL, their LL's LL, and his LL and so on...because if you run into an H16'er even many many steps away you're likely to get hammered for it. Which does put a dent in the "war" part of the war game.
Saxon-

Post by Saxon- »

Sir Nino wrote:If you want. I'll try to shorten it, but will be difficult....

- Started in Dyfed/Wales. When I did...H16 and H10 were at war.

- Started building...and started a Faction around rank of Earl. Was slow going for a few weeks...then suddenly took off. During this time....H10 was getting picked off and kicked out of Dyfed by H16.

- As my Faction started to grow (Neutral)...we started getting problems from H16. Knit picking issues and always starting trouble with us. I tried diplomacy through mails explaining situations and asking questions as to their issues. Most were ignored, or I got short replies with little detail.

- Continued on and continued getting problems from H16. Continued inquiring. They started saying I was whining because I guess diplomacy and reading isn't their strong suit. They rather attack first and ask questions later.

- H16 took some of my members villages, and even a Parish or two...WHICH we acquired via members of the Parishes voting for us or by default of current Stewards being razed, etc....because I made sure my members did their jobs within a Parish and donated, etc...they were liked. Protested with little result...but eh...we were Neutral.

- Told Colton1212 of H16 Faction Damage Inc. we would support their Stewards in parishes they had and my members resided, as well as him as Sherriff....all in hopes they'd leave us be. Worked for awhile. Then they started picking at us again because apparently they are paranoid of losing the tremendous and ridiculous power they have if anyone grows.

- We join H15 hoping they would leave us alone if in a House. Nope....continued to knit pick and say we couldn't own more than 15% of the Parishes in a County based on some "rule" they had because it was for the safety of their Alliance. (We held 24 Parishes...they held like 39) Which is laughable considering their Alliance outnumbers the rest of the server population by far.

- Come to find out the rule only applied to Ireland.

- Some time passed. County Proclamation is announced about supporting alun (whatever the rest of his name is), and if any votes are cast for anyone else regardless of who voted...the person voted for would be attacked by Colton's County Armies. Ridiculous , arrogant, rude, and devoid of any decency IMO.

- I log on a couple days later to see I was attacked several times and being attacked as I logged in. No idea why or what provoked it beyond them not liking me for questioning their tactics towards us and having the gull to ask questions and inquire and try to be diplomatic.

So at that point I decide I am done because they are obvious elitist bullies with a chip on their shoulders (Look at Damage Inc. website.) and it is pointless to continue to try and enjoy a game with such players in place and no hopes of anyone bringing them down because they are scared...or bullied to join them.

I have made my own faction called Against All Odds consisting of just me, and plan to go out fighting on my feet than kneeling on my knees to these *. So far I have made them waste plenty of Honor, troops, gold, FP's, etc on countless attacks. So far they have razed just one village. And I took one of their members villages and soon the Parish when I get daily votes. It's been more fun giving them headaches than trodding along in their medievel farmville.

I find it sad people have to do what they do and purposely make the game unenjoyable for anyone but themselves. No competition on the server at all. I pity them more than I am angry.

UPDATE: Capped one of my villages. Cookie for them! I mean....it's only like 1200 v.s. 1. :roll:

Thanks Sir Nino. Was an interesting read and a good story. Sounds like you did well in Wales taking such a substantial portion of that county with your faction. I am a proud member of H16, but I also understand what it's like to be an underdog. On W5, my house was eventually ahnihilated by the super-house that dominated on that world. We fought to the bitter end managing to keep our one last province and we were proud of that. Being an underdog is really fun. I'm glad you're sticking around for 2nd age. Send me an email sometime in game.
foo_

Post by foo_ »

I have a similar story, and similar reasons to leave this game for good.

Losing is OK. That happens in competitive, fighting games.

But the rude, arrogant and stupid bullying convinced me this game isn't worth wasting more time and money on it.

You may say it's not the game, it's who plays it - but then, the game mechanics put the people of a certain character ("no-lifers") at an advantage. It attracts and confirms them. So no use trying in another World of SK.

I'm fine with them being asshats in this game, though. Keeps them away from RL - which is a *very* good thing.

Good bye all others. And don't hold out too long!
AntiCapt

Post by AntiCapt »

Good bye foo_, I'm looking forward to your Vac Mode finishing so I can remove you off the map for good ;)

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”