Second Age - what stays and what goes?

This World 8 forum has been closed following the world closure.
buchanan101

Second Age - what stays and what goes?

Post by buchanan101 »

Can't seem to find anything definitive about what you get to keep in a parish capital.

Says everything goes, but I've seen people say you get to keep bonuses like turrets and ballistas if maxxed out. Do barracks disappear etc, and cost full flags to build again, or are flags not needed to rebuild to current levels.

Really needs a clear definition in the wiki

Thanks
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: Second Age - what stays and what goes?

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

At the start of the 2nd age all parish buildings and building bonuses are eliminated.

If you were able to build balistas and turrets in your villages during the 1st age, they will remain. However if they are destroyed/deleted you cannot rebuild them until you have restored your parish bonuses.

Parishes only offer bonuses on existing buildings. Deleted buildings do not provide any bonuses.

I hope you stockpiled banquet goods, as all markets have been reset to 150 gold and none of the parish marketplaces have good to be purchased.

- Deke
buchanan101

Post by buchanan101 »

Thanks guys. Do buildings take flags to build again? Have all barracks etc gone? No point doing any capital work now I guess!
buchanan101

Post by buchanan101 »

Ok, I've got the message...many thanks! Do flags still appear at the same rate?

All that work building up my parishes ... :(
buchanan101

Post by buchanan101 »

OK, thanks. Interesting how this is all supposed to speed the world up. I know armies go twice as quickly but that's just about it...
cfgm

Post by cfgm »

How about existing parish troops in the castle? The wiki doesn't say.

Also, I assume ballistas and turrets previously built in the parish castle remain?
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

The entire Parish infrastucture is delete. Castle and village buildings.

Balistas and Turrets in your villages will remain, but you we be prevented from rebuilding them until the appropriate parish buildings are purchased and upgraded.

Parish troops are retained. This is a problem if there are parish catapults because they cannot be deleted until the parish is capable of purchasing (and disbanding) them, and they count against your troop limit.
cfgm

Post by cfgm »

Yikes ok.

Hmm, one more question... How about the parish stockpile? Does it survive? Is it worth the parish buying up w,s,i,p before the transition?

Also, anyone know of any threads out there with a good discussion of Age transition tactics? Would be interesting to read what others have done!
mythdalas12

Post by mythdalas12 »

Give you props David you answered the same question multiple times without getting frustrated.

Return to “World 8 Lounge (Closed)”