Caution to those starting out in northern England

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
SSJshenron

Caution to those starting out in northern England

Post by SSJshenron »

House 18 appears to be employing a tactic of farming new players for there citys.

I started a few weeks ago, noticed our parish capitol was being raided a lot, and our steward was making no attempt to rebuild. After waiting a day and a half with no response from him I decided to take over and fix the wall, replace troops, ect. Instead of anyone messaging me I was greeted with numerous attacks, including continued attacks on the parish capital.

Showing any sign that your a active player in this area has a strong chance of you losing your city, without doubt. Be weary if you have been placed in a area they control to start out. It may be a good idea to make you second city outside there control to make growing easier.
Sooth Awful

Re: Caution to those starting out in northern England

Post by Sooth Awful »

Must be the period of the month.
"Hay un cierto placer en la locura, que solo el loco conoce."

metroman

Post by metroman »

That and Multi account players.
MechJosh0

Post by MechJosh0 »

metroman wrote:That and Multi account players.
Or just farming the parish?

I have a parish which I farm each day. I heavily attacked the parish down to zero defence and now each day I take the flag and gold. If someone tries to take Stewardship of the parish I'll monk them out and place the other guy back in.

It's just a farming tactic.

@SSJshenron,
You can look into joining a house/faction for protection.
Need help with timing your attacks? http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 93&t=27479
SSJshenron

Post by SSJshenron »

I respawned in a random new spot shortly after posting. I couldn't hold off attacks from a half dozen players that was much more built up then me. I managed a response from the steward where I spawned and have been told that dont happen much there, it looks like that parish has actually been upgraded, is defended, and just much better there, not some place to get farmed. Now to just build up and slowly work my way up to one day go back and blow some stuff up in northern England :)

Anyone know any factions at war with house 18 thats taking players by chance? :P
metroman

Post by metroman »

Right now I know H18 is at War with H19, don't know who else is...but it's nice to see I can Raze some H18's and they don't attack back.
neonknightmare

Post by neonknightmare »

im in cumbria. my parish is attacked numerous times each day since the leader or wtv you call him of cumbria voted in a new steward for my parish with monks. some guy from nottinghamshire just constantly attacks our parish now. all that gets done in the parish is great towers placed. with a 35d build time. so theres 0 defence there and now only 400 gold in the parish.
Neukdeh

Post by Neukdeh »

@ SSJshenron - Did you ever get an explanation on why your villages were captured? Or ask for the village back? Do you respond to activity checks and messages?

I do activity checks in my parish and no response to messages = inactive to me
SSJshenron

Post by SSJshenron »

Thats just what h18 does, when they want to expand to a new village they look for someone not in there group nearby that they think would be easy to take from, active or not, and then get there house mates to help launch attacks to clear the way in.
SSJshenron

Post by SSJshenron »

I should point out that its also common practice for many houses to take over villages that are easy enough for them to and then pass them to new players to there house as a gift. I believe this is a attempt to bring loyalty to the mass recruiting that many houses do (and it seems to work, though I have no idea why anyone would think there will never be a price to pay for taking random villages), if your weak and don't join you may just get some villages taken from you to be given to those that do join. I'm not sure how many houses use this, but it does seem to be common. I remember reading a thread "the game has lost its glory". I think maybe it never had glory, its very cut throat, and few if any groups fight with honour, its cloak and daggers all the way.

That's how the cookie crumbles though, isn't it. I'm in the process of re visiting my original area, well same county anyway. Not sure I've ranked up enough since but I'll see how it goes none the less ;)

Return to “World 7 Lounge”