Monk Game

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
Neukdeh

Re: Monk Game

Post by Neukdeh »

Well I think having monks helps to balance the ability of attacking armies to raze your village so easily..

No matter how well your castle is designed 7 - 10 timed armies (w/ captain) and *poof* your village you have spent months working on is gone. I don't mind losing villages especially in war times but I wish it wasn't so easy..
Uvon

Post by Uvon »

Neukdeh wrote:Well I think having monks helps to balance the ability of attacking armies to raze your village so easily..

No matter how well your castle is designed 7 - 10 timed armies (w/ captain) and *poof* your village you have spent months working on is gone. I don't mind losing villages especially in war times but I wish it wasn't so easy..
If you defend properly and play defense cards you can easily defend against 7-10 timed attacks. I've done it many times. If the attacks are perfect it is very hard to defend against 10 attacks....but attacks are rarely perfect.
Uvon - World 4 / World 7
Uvon

Post by Uvon »

Monks win territory. Armies win wars. Don't confuse the two.

It's easy to flip parishes and counties using nothing but monks (especially with the new politics cards), but this won't win a war, and you won't be able to hold what you've gained unless you keep monking indefinitely.

The only way to take and HOLD territory and ultimately win a war is to either raze the enemy out of the area or to inflict enough pain on them to force them to submit. This can't be done with monks alone...it requires armies.
Uvon - World 4 / World 7
Neukdeh

Post by Neukdeh »

+1 Uvon - I agree
cronicbomb

Post by cronicbomb »

this seems to be talk about the h19/h13 war in wales. taking the guy is in south wales. and ya they have the monks to take the territory. but h13 also has the army to back up taking the county. i have seen them throw 10+ 100 cat armys and take out villages with new castle cards out. these guys are not just doing the "monk" war. which is why they are different style of thing then what we saw vs h9.

Return to “World 7 Lounge”