It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 How do I choose a faction/house to join? 

Post How do I choose a faction/house to join?
Is it best to choose a faction with players in my immediate vicinity? Is it possible to know how active or badass other factions/players are? I've not seen any particular tips or adverts on this forum.

I am new to Stronghold but I spent several years playing a game similar, I'd like to join a faction where I can learn how to kick *, take names, and basically be awesome at this game.

Thanks in advance!

Xti

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Post Re: How do I choose a faction/house to join?
Sounds like you are looking for a fighting faction/house. Best way of going about it is usually asking around, players such as your steward or sheriff are a good place to start. If you have a certain house already in mind you could message their officers directly and express your interest.

Don't get discouraged if you don't get a reply from every officer, many of them have dozens of mail threads sent to them each day and may overlook yours. As with almost anything persistence is the key to success. :)

ImageImage

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

There is always room in house 20 if you want to go fight to kill yourself a bunch of times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We get all the war fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 am

War Goddess, this isn't really a game where you can pump out a military that will be able to fight in wars early on. My advice is to take it slow: build up your economy, stay neutral, become a vassal and be friendly. Try to get as much honor as you can so that you can rise in rank quickly and build your defenses to deter other players from attacking you. I overcame my prejudice of factions and joined a House because the members were very nice to me and gave me advice: that's how you should decide which faction/House to join. People in more militaristic factions/Houses may prove to be unreliable bullies, the kind of players that generally end up receiving vicious backlash and end up being blacklisted. As for the location: it is a better idea to join a faction that's nearby if you choose to join a faction that's close to you because they would be able to help you.

Wed May 01, 2013 3:55 am

+1 SudoKnight - that is exactly the same advice I would have given

Wed May 29, 2013 8:41 pm

If this was W8, I'd say stay away from H2, they are insolent wretches who are to caught up in their own glory to know a good player when they see one...

- proud troll
- well renowned annoying bugger
- Jack of all trades
- Master of neutrality
- Amateur farmer
- Terrible Supplier

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:28 pm

I am on w7 and my plans are to stay neutral till i get to prince and complete all my necessary researches then i wud start being a pain in many ppl asses.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 am

Haludza wrote:
I am on w7 and my plans are to stay neutral till i get to prince and complete all my necessary researches then i wud start being a pain in many ppl asses.

:o Why wait so long? On world 8 I was causing trouble at the rank of bondsman and am still top of the destroyer leaderboard. ;)

ImageImage

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]