It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 50 packet vs 20 packet resources 

Post 50 packet vs 20 packet resources
all research levels being equal, how do the production rates for the 20 packet banqueting goods like wine, salt, and silk, compare to those of the 50 packet goods (venison, metalware, etc)? I'm trying to decide whether or not to specialize in metalworking or wine when I found my second village. obviously the 20 packet wine would be far more lucrative for trade if it can be produced at the same rate per building as metalware, but I don't want to invest in the research for wine if the production per building is much lower, yielding no significant difference in profit.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Post Re: 50 packet vs 20 packet resources
You get around 10 more wine if you place your vineyard immedaitly next to your banquet hall.
So wine is definately more lucrative then metalware.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm

I think research in all banquet goods (1 pt) is good to allow you to have full banquets for max honor (which is how all high lvl players gain honor)

Now to research a specific banquet good above the main 4 , I suggest spice or silk over wine if your rank and level allow

As a spice / silk village type offers more $$$$ options than wine alone. Which wine can be debated as one of the top 4 worse village types

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

I agree that spice and silk would be better for the reasons you mentioned, but at present my level is too low to go for either.

now another thing I would be interested in knowing is how much time it takes to make 200 iron vs 20 wine, all research and building positions being equal. if they take similar time then it would make the decision to stay away from wine production that much easier.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 am

I never do that, I just get standard Lowland and Highland villiages, so they just do only the 4 basics. I get enough of the other Honor goods through Scouts, and it's gotten me enough to use for Parish donations when needed. It totally stinks getting a villiage that produces Honor goods, but doesn't produce Iron, which in my opinion is more important for production of weapons, not simply Honor....get the Honor taking out AI's.

My opinion...

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 pm

.Hircine. wrote:
all research levels being equal, how do the production rates for the 20 packet banqueting goods like wine, salt, and silk, compare to those of the 50 packet goods (venison, metalware, etc)? I'm trying to decide whether or not to specialize in metalworking or wine when I found my second village. obviously the 20 packet wine would be far more lucrative for trade if it can be produced at the same rate per building as metalware, but I don't want to invest in the research for wine if the production per building is much lower, yielding no significant difference in profit.

Banquetting and having all the village you need to grow all the banquete goods are terrible idea,
Stick to 4 main goods but research all type for the quest. Putting them as close to your keeps will give you more yield, Mettal is more precious than wine which its very slow to create and every parish lack of metal because of its demand.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Wine and salt points are not as important as there is tons of usable space to place the buildings, whereas spice and silk you can only get a few of the buildings required. Back on W5 I have 4-5 points in spice and silk and none in the others yet, and it balances it out for me that way.

Sun May 05, 2013 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]