It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 W7 is a carding joke or what? 

Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
trollmonger wrote:
I find this stream and argument rediculous. If you are complaining that your ability to enjoy the game is ruined by those who take advantage using money. Life is all about finding ways to better oneself in every aspect some chose an easier course others work hard and or smarted to better themselves and as always there will be those that but there way to the top. It has been that way since the bgining of man and is still used in the world of politics, business, and society today. If you want a game like Life ie any simulation game including this one then you have to expect that and figure out how you fit and get along. If not then don't play any game with another Human Being because it will always be that in some manner of speaking.

On short that is Life deal with it one way or another and quit whining. :D

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read here, free silk and spices for you sir.

Where about are you located?

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm

trollmonger wrote:
I find this stream and argument rediculous. If you are complaining that your ability to enjoy the game is ruined by those who take advantage using money. Life is all about finding ways to better oneself in every aspect some chose an easier course others work hard and or smarted to better themselves and as always there will be those that but there way to the top. It has been that way since the bgining of man and is still used in the world of politics, business, and society today. If you want a game like Life ie any simulation game including this one then you have to expect that and figure out how you fit and get along. If not then don't play any game with another Human Being because it will always be that in some manner of speaking.

On short that is Life deal with it one way or another and quit whining. :D

It's spelled ridiculous, and I bettered my experience by quitting the game completely.

This is a GAME, not life and calling this game a simulation is laughable. Competitive games are designed around putting people on equal ground FOR ENTERTAINMENT, life is not. Your failure to recognize and understand this is likely why you are dumb enough to play a game like this. The only thing your argument proves is that fools are born everyday.

I wonder why this game isn't marketed as "Hey, like life those who pay for advantages succeed most".

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 am

btw, as for "life", in "life" I have contacted Steam to lodge a formal complaint against the game and it's practices. Probably nothing will happen, but maybe if I'm lucky steam will drop this game from their store. That's life.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 am

I find myself thinking twice about anything someone named "trollmonger" has to say. Just something about that name.... =|

ImageImage

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 am
Profile WWW

freewill, you are focusing on such a narrow aspect of the game when making your complaints about pay2win. There is so much more too it than just racking up points on the leader board or being able to dominate another player individually. You are missing the whole point of the game in my opinion.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

This is an inherent flaw in the Zanga / freeToPlay /payToWin business model. It naturally devolves into game design by accountants and shrinks to the point that exceedingly bad game design is purposefully created to encourage people to pay their way around it.

It's an ethically questionable practice IMHO. The model tricks people into paying hundreds of dollars for a game that they wouldn't pay $20 for as a shrink wrap single player game. Personally I would prefer a 3$ -5$ a month no card server that had its pace balanced around fun gameplay as opposed to trying to extract the most amount of money from people.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:33 pm

TheQuixote wrote:
This is an inherent flaw in the Zanga / freeToPlay /payToWin business model. It naturally devolves into game design by accountants and shrinks to the point that exceedingly bad game design is purposefully created to encourage people to pay their way around it.

It's an ethically questionable practice IMHO. The model tricks people into paying hundreds of dollars for a game that they wouldn't pay $20 for as a shrink wrap single player game. Personally I would prefer a 3$ -5$ a month no card server that had its pace balanced around fun gameplay as opposed to trying to extract the most amount of money from people.

I would also prefer to have a subscription server but I think "no card" is not exactly the way to go since cards are integral to many aspects of the game's strategy. I think they should have a server with a monthly subscription fee, and for that, you get constant premium, plus a certain number of card packs per month with no ability to buy more. This would put everyone on a level playing field and elevate strategy and cooperation as more important requirements to succeed.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Uvon wrote:
I would also prefer to have a subscription server but I think "no card" is not exactly the way to go since cards are integral to many aspects of the game's strategy. I think they should have a server with a monthly subscription fee, and for that, you get constant premium, plus a certain number of card packs per month with no ability to buy more. This would put everyone on a level playing field and elevate strategy and cooperation as more important requirements to succeed.

Cards are fine as long as they are given out equally and are truly tactical in nature. Cards that exist to work around painfully slow progression or bad game mechanics could be removed with the slow progression and poor mechanics.

The game could be gated solely around honor progression and resources, no need for all the other gating mechanics like taking a month to build a castle, 10 hours to build single buildings etc.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Uvon wrote:
freewill, you are focusing on such a narrow aspect of the game when making your complaints about pay2win. There is so much more too it than just racking up points on the leader board or being able to dominate another player individually. You are missing the whole point of the game in my opinion.

I don't really have anykind of dillusions that I would have actually reached the top of the leaderboard, or even about the significance of the leaderboard. It's about being on fair ground between all players, and that is simply not present in this game.

While the leaderboards and such are a measurement of things, the actual use of pay2win features does in fact have an impact on the smaller and more general aspects of the game. For example on this world I had started out with a premium account, managed to work myself up to being the leader of a parish, and was actively trying to build up my parish. That general experience was itself ruined by pay2win players. We started out with 2 flags, I was able to use 1 of those flags due to lack of money, and the next day I wake up to find that another player who is already higher level than I was after a month on a previous world came in and stole the last flag. These types of things have a snowball effect, and completely took away my desire to play the game at all. I promptly quit the game and haven't looked back.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 am

TheQuixote wrote:
Uvon wrote:

Cards are fine as long as they are given out equally and are truly tactical in nature. Cards that exist to work around painfully slow progression or bad game mechanics could be removed with the slow progression and poor mechanics.

The game could be gated solely around honor progression and resources, no need for all the other gating mechanics like taking a month to build a castle, 10 hours to build single buildings etc.

It's nice to see other people who are able to understand and admit the problem.

I personally didn't have a problem with paying for a premium account. I believe the people who spend the effort on making the game should be paid. The issue is when the getting paid mechanic of a game has a direct effect on the gameplay itself.

As long as things were even I wouldn't have an issue with things.

I myself came very close to paying more money in response to what happened in this world. Luckily for me something in the back of my head kind of slapped me a bit and said - DUDE WTH ARE YOU THINKING? $100 for a game that is pay2win are you nuts!!!! So I just quit instead.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next