It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:55 pm



Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 W7 is a carding joke or what? 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
Essos wrote:
Well Freewill, it was a reply on the post given by the player with the name Billytrapper.

For your problem I need statistical information to give a clear answer about the impact on free2play versus pay2play. Maybe the difference is not that big but big enough to be noticed by people whom like to witch-hunt.

Well I can only make one statement about your personal situation Freewill and that is that FireFly failed to meet your level of satisfaction.


Statistical information? Do you pay for an advantage and the ability over other people? Yes. It's pay2win.

The only positive thing about the way it is would be that no amount of carding can make up for a lack of friends. But friends + carding sure can do alot.

Really, it's the principle of it at all. I for a moment consider dropping Ben down to keep up, then I realized I'd be supporting the business model, and I'd mostly be getting ripped off considering what I could spend the money on otherwise, so I just quit instead. I think it sucks that games are created these days without any care to the integrity of the game where all that matters to the gaming company is that they get paid. If that's a witch, so be it. The only course of action however is to not play the game.


Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 27
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
With witch-hunt I mean that there are people who always try to find something negative and complain about it.

And statistical information is important. I do not know your level of education or age but trust me the first impression from your experience can give a totally different view from the actual numbers.

Of course people who buy cards or stacked up cards have an advantage I never said they did not have that advantage. Everyone has access to 14 cards a week at least for free.


Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
Essos wrote:
With witch-hunt I mean that there are people who always try to find something negative and complain about it.

And statistical information is important. I do not know your level of education or age but trust me the first impression from your experience can give a totally different view from the actual numbers.

Of course people who buy cards or stacked up cards have an advantage I never said they did not have that advantage. Everyone has access to 14 cards a week at least for free.


You are questioning my education level while trying to make the claim that some kind of statistics which you theoretically think might prove the game is not pay2win trumps the users personal experiences?

LOL!

Here, let me make it simple.

If 2 players are otherwise equal in the game, and 1 of them pays more for extra cards, who wins? The guy who pays who paid the most. /end debate.


Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 pm
Posts: 222
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
Essos wrote:
With witch-hunt I mean that there are people who always try to find something negative and complain about it.

And statistical information is important. I do not know your level of education or age but trust me the first impression from your experience can give a totally different view from the actual numbers.

Of course people who buy cards or stacked up cards have an advantage I never said they did not have that advantage. Everyone has access to 14 cards a week at least for free.


In order to get 14 cards per week, you would have needed to buy crowns, which I assure you, aren't free.

If you are like me, and don't pay at all, you are limited to only 3 cards per week

Xolotl

_________________
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?


Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:18 am
Posts: 162
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
For the folks who call this a pay2win game....what exactly does it mean to "win"?

Sure, you can pay to be at the top of the leaderboard, but so what, that is not winning. In my opinion, being at the top of the leaderboard is meaningless, so what's the big deal.

Spend less time complaining about the carders, and more time trying to make allies and organize those around you into a coherent group that works together, and I assure you, you will have greater success in the game and you'll enjoy it a lot more as well.

_________________
Uvon - World 4 / World 7


Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 891
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
freewill wrote:

If 2 players are otherwise equal in the game, and 1 of them pays more for extra cards, who wins? The guy who pays who paid the most. /end debate.


No, the player with the most allies will win. You are making a straw man saying in a world with only 2 players, this game requires that you have many allies to "win".

You would have a much better argument if you said this game is just a popularity contest. The players with the most help will win regardless of the money spent.

Saying that this is a play to win game is also a better argument than saying it is a pay to win game as the player who spends more time playing will have the advantage.

If paying money was such an advantage above other things, then why haven't I seen one faction created only of paying players in my two years of playing this game?

Most of the time it is an issue only when attacking players that we know are heavy card users. We attack those players in such a way that the cards would not be able to help them much at all, but it is not much different than the way we normally attack.

_________________
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24768


Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
Why are you guys complaining about this? The developers will simply cash in all the money like they used to do. The carders either laugh or ignore these messages and continue to buy cards and the vast majority of the people cope with it and continue the game like they used to do. No game really comes for free.


Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
Uvon wrote:
For the folks who call this a pay2win game....what exactly does it mean to "win"?

Sure, you can pay to be at the top of the leaderboard, but so what, that is not winning. In my opinion, being at the top of the leaderboard is meaningless, so what's the big deal.

Spend less time complaining about the carders, and more time trying to make allies and organize those around you into a coherent group that works together, and I assure you, you will have greater success in the game and you'll enjoy it a lot more as well.


Pay2win is a generic term for games that sell advantages. If all else is equal, the person who pays the most will win, because they are buying the advantage.


Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
countjimula wrote:
freewill wrote:

If 2 players are otherwise equal in the game, and 1 of them pays more for extra cards, who wins? The guy who pays who paid the most. /end debate.


No, the player with the most allies will win. You are making a straw man saying in a world with only 2 players, this game requires that you have many allies to "win".

You would have a much better argument if you said this game is just a popularity contest. The players with the most help will win regardless of the money spent.

Saying that this is a play to win game is also a better argument than saying it is a pay to win game as the player who spends more time playing will have the advantage.

If paying money was such an advantage above other things, then why haven't I seen one faction created only of paying players in my two years of playing this game?

Most of the time it is an issue only when attacking players that we know are heavy card users. We attack those players in such a way that the cards would not be able to help them much at all, but it is not much different than the way we normally attack.


You simply do not understand what the term pay2win is, and you are merely creating your own strawman argument in the other extreme. I used the example of 2 people to show that if all other factors are equal, the person who paid the most wins.

If it is not an advantage as you are trying to claim - why would anyone pay for the cards to begin with. They wouldn't. The reason they pay for the cards is because it gives them an advantage. You can try to spin it anyway you want, but that's the fact of the matter.


Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:38 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
FC_Groningen wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about this? The developers will simply cash in all the money like they used to do. The carders either laugh or ignore these messages and continue to buy cards and the vast majority of the people cope with it and continue the game like they used to do. No game really comes for free.


Don't mind paying for the game, I spent money on it as well with premium accounts and even used a little left over for cards. Money is not the issue. Money being a factor in gameplay is the issue, big difference.


Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:42 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.