W7 is a carding joke or what?

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
King Zach IV

Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?

Post by King Zach IV »

PaladinoRR wrote:
freewill wrote:
FC_Groningen wrote:Why are you guys complaining about this? The
Don't mind paying for the game, I spent money on it as well with premium accounts and even used a little left over for cards. Money is not the issue. Money being a factor in gameplay is the issue, big difference.
What people are trying to say, is not that buying cards dosen't give you an advantage, but that SHK is not a one on one game.

Yes, 2 equal players with the same resources the one who pays more will win.

But in SHK, that is not how the game work, it's all about team effort and cordination.
Work together with your faction house is the most important thing on the game. More than carding.

Sure if you get a faction of big carders that work together, they are going to kick *.. But I never saw that happen.. And I doubt it would last, cause of the cost and probable egos..
Have you visited W5?
Wolf Castle

Post by Wolf Castle »

I EAT HONOR AND CARDS ,,, tip to the wise.....The best way to dominate pay2play people is have them spend cards and honor on you non stop to level up just got attacked over 150 times now I take his milkshake :)
"COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO THE KINGDOM" - WOLFY CASTLE
freewill

Post by freewill »

Uvon wrote: I know what pay2win means. What I'm asking is how do you define "win" in this game. Like I said, if you define being at the top of the leaderboard as winning then yes, you're right, it's pay2win, but since it is obvious that being at the top of the leaderboard requires very little skill and only deep pockets, I don't think that's how most people measure success in this game.
If you know what pay2win means, then why are you asking me for a win condition as if that is what is important in determining pay2win?

You are paying for an advantage over other players. That can translate out to any number of personal goals. From being at the top of the leaderboards, to simply having the ability to attack and beat another player.

All you are trying to say is that "winning" is not important. Not really true. On the one hand I had very little inclination that I would someday be king, likely not even sheriff of a county. However, that shouldn't be because someone else paid for it, it should be for any number of the other reasons why I wouldn't have made it legitimately, such as people who are just plain out better than me.

That people refuse to acknowledge and admit pay2win when present will be what keeps this business model active, which is like a disease on all of gaming as it will eventually remove legitimate competitive gaming.
Deceptor13

Post by Deceptor13 »

Some of those people might of been playing for whenever they brought cards in, so they could have been saving cards up for new worlds :P.
A vegetarian is a person who won't eat anything that can have children.
Fullerc8

Post by Fullerc8 »

So is the player who spends money on the game once in a blue moon just as guilty of having an unfair advantage as the player who spends as if he or she has a fat, bottomless purse?

From what some here have said here, that is the conclusion I have drawn from the respective arguments.
freewill

Post by freewill »

It's perfectly fine for people to pay for the game. I paid for the game myself. Bought a premium account, even used the left over crowns to buy cards, get more cards due to the bonuses from it, etc.

The issue is not people spending money. The devs gotta get paid, it's not a charity game, nor would I want it to be. When the devs are getting paid, the game can improve, we all benefit.

The issue is when the spending of money itself directly affects the gameplay. When the money making mechanisms are stomping on the quality of the gameplay - BIG PROBLEM. And pay2win, pay for an advantage, or whatever you want to call it does exactly that.

Look at a game like league of legends. It's free to play, yet there are plenty of things you can pay for and the game makes money that way. Although some complain about new characters being too strong, those characters are available for free as well, you can just bypass that with cash. But the main reason that system is ok is because the money making isn't stepping all over the gameplay. You can not spend a dime and be on the same level as people who pay. And I do pay for the bonuses they provide, and I've been a paying customer for years now.

That's the difference.
trollmonger

Post by trollmonger »

I find this stream and argument rediculous. If you are complaining that your ability to enjoy the game is ruined by those who take advantage using money. Life is all about finding ways to better oneself in every aspect some chose an easier course others work hard and or smarted to better themselves and as always there will be those that but there way to the top. It has been that way since the bgining of man and is still used in the world of politics, business, and society today. If you want a game like Life ie any simulation game including this one then you have to expect that and figure out how you fit and get along. If not then don't play any game with another Human Being because it will always be that in some manner of speaking.

On short that is Life deal with it one way or another and quit whining. :D
Fullerc8

Post by Fullerc8 »

trollmonger wrote:I find this stream and argument rediculous. If you are complaining that your ability to enjoy the game is ruined by those who take advantage using money. Life is all about finding ways to better oneself in every aspect some chose an easier course others work hard and or smarted to better themselves and as always there will be those that but there way to the top. It has been that way since the bgining of man and is still used in the world of politics, business, and society today. If you want a game like Life ie any simulation game including this one then you have to expect that and figure out how you fit and get along. If not then don't play any game with another Human Being because it will always be that in some manner of speaking.

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read here, free silk and spices for you sir.

Where about are you located?
freewill

Post by freewill »

trollmonger wrote:I find this stream and argument rediculous. If you are complaining that your ability to enjoy the game is ruined by those who take advantage using money. Life is all about finding ways to better oneself in every aspect some chose an easier course others work hard and or smarted to better themselves and as always there will be those that but there way to the top. It has been that way since the bgining of man and is still used in the world of politics, business, and society today. If you want a game like Life ie any simulation game including this one then you have to expect that and figure out how you fit and get along. If not then don't play any game with another Human Being because it will always be that in some manner of speaking.

It's spelled ridiculous, and I bettered my experience by quitting the game completely.

This is a GAME, not life and calling this game a simulation is laughable. Competitive games are designed around putting people on equal ground FOR ENTERTAINMENT, life is not. Your failure to recognize and understand this is likely why you are dumb enough to play a game like this. The only thing your argument proves is that fools are born everyday.

I wonder why this game isn't marketed as "Hey, like life those who pay for advantages succeed most".
freewill

Post by freewill »

btw, as for "life", in "life" I have contacted Steam to lodge a formal complaint against the game and it's practices. Probably nothing will happen, but maybe if I'm lucky steam will drop this game from their store. That's life.

Return to “World 7 Lounge”